The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2025, 10:30 AM   #41
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Option A (pointed, short):
“Not cliche — just pattern. Look around: boys mocked for tears, praised for toughness. Anger slips through as ‘safe.’ That’s not my worldview, that’s culture on repeat.”

Option C (snarkier):
“Ah yes, the classic ‘work on yourself’ closer. Always easier than facing the double standard baked into pop culture.”



Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Boys are not taught that the only ‘safe’ emotion is anger… This is cliche, liberal-brained nonsense… It says more about your singular worldview than society. Pop-culture just uses archetypes like ‘the angry guy.’ Work on yourself.


If it were just “archetypes,” we’d see the “gentle guy” archetype recycled as often as the “angry guy.” Funny how only one keeps dominating male leads across comics, film, and TV.

And no, it’s not “liberal-brained nonsense” — it’s lived pattern. Boys who cry get mocked, boys who lash out get excused (“boys will be boys”). Anger slips through as socially safe. Tenderness, fear, vulnerability? Still coded as weakness.

Pop culture didn’t invent that bias; it amplifies it. Writers grab anger because it’s the “loud” shortcut — easy to stage, quick to read. Meanwhile, wit or quiet strength take nuance and trust in the audience. That imbalance is the point.

So sure, you can call it “cliché.” But what’s really cliché is Hollywood’s endless loop of “the angry guy = depth.” Maybe that’s the lowest-hanging fruit.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 12:37 PM   #42
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Jm6lw&usqp=CAU

I'll fight y'all - naysayers.

Just you wait.
You're becoming what you're fighting against.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 12:59 PM   #43
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
You're becoming what you're fighting against.
Because I have an opinion?

Ok so, I like edging my speech through pic/meme/one liners. So what.
__________________


"Sun and yes, [we]man,

I've made up of the same things.
Freedom! <3 "
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlY90l...cJCfwAo7VqN5tD


*Insert Any religious and philosophical teaching and new ideological cults*

Please, snap out from the thousand-year-old patriarchal revisions about yourselves.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 03:14 PM   #44
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
I like edging too.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 03:28 PM   #45
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
Because I have an opinion?

Ok so, I like edging my speech through pic/meme/one liners. So what.
Has nothing to do with the pic, dude. You're not making any sense to me because you can't seem to articulate properly.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 08-27-2025 at 03:33 PM.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 03:32 PM   #46
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Has nothing to do with the pic, dude. You're not making any sense to me because you can't seem to articulate.
Yup. Which is also why I originally came at this as "authentic conversation", but then saw the pattern and adapted to the "clearly you have issues, work on yourself" thing.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 04:37 PM   #47
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
I know what's going on.
You like jumping on the trend of toxic masculinity and won't let go.


Also:
Telling someone to ‘work on yourself’, "articulate properly" instead of engaging the point is just deflection. If my take’s wrong, dismantle it. Otherwise, you’re just dodging. •~•

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I like edging too.
Edging is a special kind of talent, with people initially being unsure, asking themselves whether they should do it or why they're doing it. :'D x) It can be low-key fun and memorable for the original poster, if the words hit hard.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2025, 06:21 PM   #48
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
I know what's going on.
You like jumping on the trend of toxic masculinity and won't let go.
That's called "circular logic" that happens to match your worldview. I'm about ready to post Andrew's image from a page or so back.....

Either way, it seems this convo has run it's course. Good talk!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 02:19 AM   #49
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Ahaha.
It's called you're in a "I like cynical character's" loop.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 05:28 AM   #50
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
I feel like people not liking care, wit and patience.

Rings homophopbia.

(edging btw)


Next time I will hear creators struggle to make Raph a logical, soft, empath or/and like 1987 version because y'all like psychos instead, which wrongly reads as "manly".

Same as an experience of being a homo.
As if no one wants to see empathy and real depth of normal emotions and way of living, general disclosure in real people.

Just, what's that word? Ahh, closeted.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 10:56 AM   #51
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Raph doesn't register with me at all outside of FW. And I tend to gravitate to at least one or two Turtles per series.
Raphael from classic cartoon series is the Raphael I like the most out of all the other versions of him. I will say that he might not have been necessarily the violent one in the old series (at least not until the red sky era), but he was easily the angriest one in the group. He lost his patience first. Got rude first and was over all more ill-tempered and hot-headed than any of the other turtles. He just wasn't violent. And honestly, I think I prefer this interpretation of his angry side to other versions where you have to watch out, he doesn't smash your head in with a pipe. Other versions of Raphael have his angst and anger take up too much screen time in my opinion.

As for the topic at hand I generally dislike angry violent edgy characters (or really just the tough guy bullying characters) regardless of if they are male or female. Like I said above because these types of character tend to eat up too much screen time in most fictional works. Unless they have some hidden vulnerability or sensitivity to them.

Raphael from the 2k3 series didn't really win me over until he had that episode where he helps his sweet elderly blind lady and the one where he helps this little boy out save his mom. Anyone remember these episodes from the 2k3 series involving Raph?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 11:25 AM   #52
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
It's still unfair to describe him that way. Mikey was also told to "chill," Donnie -frustrated, and Leo demanded training.

Not fair to shoehorn anyone into one simple emotion, you know. Only Raph gets that false treatment, because society obsessed with this kind of "manliness" won't let it go, out of fear that other emotional lived experiences get rejected and framed as "homo".

1987 Raph - not the angry one. Never was.

___________________________
Going a bit off topic:
Sometimes there's a thing in nature where creatures have things figured out. For example, ants have a queen and a colony (that protects, harvests, takes care of the offspring).
You might think the FW series, with vast experience in toon production, would also have things figured out too. Like, fleshing out characters in some way or another and filtering out toxicity. In today's era and politics, we - or I - translate this wariness from feminist perspective. (Maybe some of you won't like that word, btw).

Last edited by ticktack; 08-28-2025 at 01:25 PM.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 11:44 AM   #53
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Got rude first and was over all more ill-tempered and hot-headed than any of the other turtles.

He made sharp comments when someone got boastful and big-headed. Like, he was completely chill.
As much as you want to be surprised, Mikey was the one being called out to not be agressive and all. Ok.

Maybe you've read or seen false reinterpretation of him in 2020s or 2010s, or have some vague memory of him.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 10:20 PM   #54
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
Did you honestly pencil whip "homophobia" up there out of nowhere?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 10:29 PM   #55
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Did you honestly pencil whip "homophobia" up there out of nowhere?
Yes

,
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 10:36 PM   #56
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Showing emotion is unmanly.
Being stoic, pissy?
That's what I'm talking about.

Everything else just gives off a "homo".
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2025, 10:46 PM   #57
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Wanna be so manly,
Show off so badly?
Gotta get in beat so madly.
I wanna hear you loudly.

Get on being hissy,
Wanna see you pissy.
Nobody likes a p*say,
Throw it like a fussy.

Don't wanna have a fomo*?
Quit being a homo.
I'll teach you a demo,
A bro is life's ammo.


*fear of missing out
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2025, 12:16 AM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktack View Post
Wanna be so manly,
Show off so badly?
Gotta get in beat so madly.
I wanna hear you loudly.

Get on being hissy,
Wanna see you pissy.
Nobody likes a p*say,
Throw it like a fussy.

Don't wanna have a fomo*?
Quit being a homo.
I'll teach you a demo,
A bro is life's ammo.


*fear of missing out
Man, you're really something. And I mean that in a neutral way. You're like a relic of what I remember regularly encountering as a 16/17/18 year old browsing TMNT forums in their infancy.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2025, 03:05 PM   #59
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
How can I know that the developers trust audience for what tmnt they like and favor, when Raph's the only one with marketably revolting apperance, like ""? Do you, a designer, give a person any chance to know characters more/better before that person looks at those drawn mannerisms?



Mr. Edge-Lord, the confrontational.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Man, you're really something. And I mean that in a neutral way. You're like a relic of what I remember regularly encountering as a 16/17/18 year old browsing TMNT forums in their infancy.
I was only laugh-crying at what I wrote. My rap was suppose to reflect at what Raph has become and at the general favoritism to toxic masculinity. And yes. That rap is a hilarious nonsense-garbage.
__________________


"Sun and yes, [we]man,

I've made up of the same things.
Freedom! <3 "
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlY90l...cJCfwAo7VqN5tD


*Insert Any religious and philosophical teaching and new ideological cults*

Please, snap out from the thousand-year-old patriarchal revisions about yourselves.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2026, 12:02 AM   #60
ticktack
Hench Mutant
 
ticktack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Men's weaponised bad mood:
(which promotes patriarchy)
Look it up for the clarity/details.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDA1QiPRcc8
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ace cuck, parody thread, ticktackcuck


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.