The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2026, 02:33 PM   #861
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I picked up a medieval Rocksteady (edit: "Battle Arena" seems to be the theme of the wave) at Target last week since it reminded me of the first Playmates Prototype. Would love to open it but considering there's a decent chance the last year of Playmates fodder could skyrocket in value, I think I'll leave him sealed for now. $10 figure already commanding about $30 (with shipping) asking prices on ebay.
eBay sellers and even Amazon sell new figures/toys for double or triple retail price. It has nothing to do with being rare. It’s greed.

Amazon fluctuates but there’s always sellers who overprice things. You really have to wait and check.

I’ve been wanting the Matchbox/Hot Wheels Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Gyrosphere. They’ve had numerous releases over the years just different card back for the current movie. Amazon has them both for $15-20 each.

Guess what...went to my local Walmart last week and found both for $1.20.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2026, 02:41 PM   #862
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
eBay sellers and even Amazon sell new figures/toys for double or triple retail price. It has nothing to do with being rare. It’s greed.

Amazon fluctuates but there’s always sellers who overprice things. You really have to wait and check.

I’ve been wanting the Matchbox/Hot Wheels Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Gyrosphere. They’ve had numerous releases over the years just different card back for the current movie. Amazon has them both for $15-20 each.

Guess what...went to my local Walmart last week and found both for $1.20.
I also learned there is a 6-figure box-set of the Battle Arena Turtles plus B&R and that thing seems to be available for no less than $70 over on the resale sites.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2026, 05:00 PM   #863
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I also learned there is a 6-figure box-set of the Battle Arena Turtles plus B&R and that thing seems to be available for no less than $70 over on the resale sites.
I only see a Facebook post saying it started at $50 retail. Is that right?

Toywiz (which is notorious for price gouging) has it for $140.

Seriously it should be illegal to do these type of price hikes online.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2026, 05:05 AM   #864
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier
 
Shortfuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London, UK
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
eBay sellers and even Amazon sell new figures/toys for double or triple retail price. It has nothing to do with being rare. It’s greed.

Amazon fluctuates but there’s always sellers who overprice things. You really have to wait and check.

I’ve been wanting the Matchbox/Hot Wheels Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Gyrosphere. They’ve had numerous releases over the years just different card back for the current movie. Amazon has them both for $15-20 each.

Guess what...went to my local Walmart last week and found both for $1.20.
The times there's been a standard Hot Wheels car I really want but can't seem to find in the shops, then I look it up on Amazon and they're about £12 - they're usually about £3 in the shops.
__________________
"Leave this to the real Raphael!"

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2026, 06:58 AM   #865
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Latest Walmart reset in my area got TMNT down to just two pegs at the end for MM and that’s it.
My Wal-Mart does not carry TMNT anymore. Target has them marked down. Mikey is the only rare one.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2026, 02:45 PM   #866
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortfuse View Post
The times there's been a standard Hot Wheels car I really want but can't seem to find in the shops, then I look it up on Amazon and they're about £12 - they're usually about £3 in the shops.
Ya but it’s not right. Those secondary sellers/stores that run through Amazon are tripling and quadrupling the price of something that only costs a couple dollars retail. For $12 I could buy 6 standard cars.

It’s not just Hot Wheels either. A ton of stuff is way over retail.

There are good prices on Amazon of course. I use it quite often. You just have to wait for drops (not just Prime days or Holidays). Prices fluctuate. I’ve got things for a decent price and then notice they go up weeks later.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2026, 05:32 PM   #867
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I only see a Facebook post saying it started at $50 retail. Is that right?

Toywiz (which is notorious for price gouging) has it for $140.

Seriously it should be illegal to do these type of price hikes online.
Can confirm I want the new McFarlane Hellboy that’s supposed to be $34.99 but all the 3rd party sellers are selling it for 50+ cause amazon doesn’t have it in stock themselves
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 02:22 PM   #868
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I only see a Facebook post saying it started at $50 retail. Is that right?

Toywiz (which is notorious for price gouging) has it for $140.

Seriously it should be illegal to do these type of price hikes online.

Looked at my order from Walmart from early December for the Battle Arena figure set, original retail price was $49.99, I bought for holiday sale price of $25. Ended up ordering 2.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2026, 03:12 PM   #869
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Looked at my order from Walmart from early December for the Battle Arena figure set, original retail price was $49.99, I bought for holiday sale price of $25. Ended up ordering 2.
Nice score!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2026, 02:50 PM   #870
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Tales of TMNT 4-pack on BBTS https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...riation=375138

$50, individually carded set includes Antrax, Scale Tail, Rahzar, and Tokka
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2026, 02:50 PM   #871
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Mostly interested in Tokka and Rahzar, so I'm gonna wait on individual listings.
Chaotix12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2026, 08:29 AM   #872
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,751
These should have been out a looooong time ago.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2026, 07:45 AM   #873
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
They're up on Amazon now as well for $39.99. Actually bit on this one, as 10 bucks a piece is pretty good. (Also got a little paranoid that individual listings for Tokka and Rahzar would never come, or they'd only be available that way at inflated eBay prices. I don't mind grabbing Scale Tail and Antrax as well (especially the former) if I can get them all for retail.)

Last edited by Chaotix12345; 06-14-2026 at 06:04 PM.
Chaotix12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2026, 04:27 PM   #874
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,247
My set arrived from Amazon. The new World of TMNT card does not have a character bio card on back.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2026, 06:00 PM   #875
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,247
Heads up, found a Series 2 of the Mystery Mini Mutants minifigs in the plastic shells.

A brand new display box was out at Walmart. No unique codes. I took a gamble and grabbed one from each of the 4 rows, figuring that each row was dedicated to one turtle.

I was lucky to have been correct about that. Here are the weights if it helps anyone.

53g = Mikey (Soccer)
49g = Leo (Baseball)
54g = Don (Basketball)
57g = Raph (Football)

These look like homages to the OG sewer sports figures, however as you can see some of the characters are switched up. Didn't know another series was coming! They also have spring-loaded action in each. I wonder if this means that normal scale figures were planned.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.