![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT? | |||
| A+ this was an awesome movie |
|
87 | 41.63% |
| A It was really good |
|
64 | 30.62% |
| B pretty good movie |
|
43 | 20.57% |
| C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better |
|
8 | 3.83% |
| D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good |
|
3 | 1.44% |
| E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 |
|
3 | 1.44% |
| I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. |
|
1 | 0.48% |
| Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#281 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
|
To me this movie was a loose sequel to the movies. It's kinda nice to think that the connection is there, but also see they just don't have EXACTLY the same characterizations. For me it's hard to tie these guys in directly with TMNT3.
Although I just assumed it was two years. One year for training, one year to stay extra in south america
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you. |
|
|
|
|
|
#282 | |
|
follower of Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
|
Quote:
Yeah SMG did a fantastic job, I didnt think she would be very good for the part but heh while watching the movie I forgot it was her. Evans was pretty good, but the turtles voice actors were very impressive. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#283 | |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
Quote:
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#284 | |
|
A shell of a good hit!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#285 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
But it just sort of comes up as a waste of time to me. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#286 | |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
Quote:
I love skateboarding stunts. My cousin and my older brothers are all sk8rbois. Maybe that's why I didn't even consider being impressed with Mikey's tricks... to me it was more of a mode of transportation! Dude, now you've got me wanting to play a skating video game.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#287 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
Quote:
The CGI was awful?!? Dude, if you think it's awful then I would like to see you do better
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#288 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
|
So would I! Unfortunately I have not devoted my life to a medium which I feel will take years and years and years to ever look realistic.
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you. |
|
|
|
|
|
#289 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
And the people that do are ****IN GREAT at it... not to mention are making a hell of a lot more money then you doin such a "unreleastic" form of story telling laughing at you as they read this(I'm sure if Kevin reads this topic he may relay it to the others) and will have a good laugh at your stupidity
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#290 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
|
Quote:
I don't think they're doing a great job at it. To be honest it's weird but the first time I really saw it used a lot was in Jurassic Park and that somehow looked ultra realistic. Ever since, in Star Wars etc it's always looked bad.. noticeable and out of place.
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#291 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
How do I conclude they make more money then you? They are working a major motion picture here... they are going to get paid a big chunk of change.
And right I feel that little Susie has more intelligence ... and I would love to hear your views on cartoons for not being realistic and made with a click of a mouse...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#292 |
|
Doodles TMNT for fun
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
|
Am I the only one that doesn't mind CGI not looking realistic? It's like in 2D animation - sometimes it's broad and cartoony, sometimes it's semi-realistic, and sometimes they go as close to full realism as they can. You know, style. As in, not a reflection of capability. Dreamworks' humans are pretty realistic, but they have a deadness to them (esp. the eyes) that I'm really glad TMNT didn't have. Even Advent Children, while looking quite nice and realistic, still looked dead to me... again, it was the eyes.
If they were trying to be realistic in this movie... then they failed. But amazingly enough, that was not their intent! How crazy! I agree with iris in that my main appreciation for the skateboard scene was not only for the animation (though it did look pretty nice) but the fact that it showed how freaking hard it is to find the lair. These Turtles are well-hidden, which I liked very much... in the live-action movies it always seemed like any idiot could bungle into the lair. It was also a great personality showcase for Michelangelo, as he spent most of the movie in the back seat. Too bad Don didn't have a similar scene to shine... except for his horribly lame "this has Winter's name all over it!" joke. I guess Don's enough of a geek to make a bad joke like that, but yeesh. I like to see him being a cool geek. |
|
|
|
|
|
#293 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
|
Quote:
We're talking about the CGI animators right? Well how much do you think their yearly salary is?
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#294 |
|
Oregonian in heart & soul
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
|
The only other time that Donnie was being weird is the phone at the beginning of the movie. But I agree it is too bad that he did not have too many good scenes. As for the CGI, I loved how it was done....I did not mind it.
__________________
![]() Formally known as Scientific freak |
|
|
|
|
|
#295 |
|
Devil's Advocate
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
|
Aaaahhhhh everyone chill out. He isn't a troll because he claims that he hated the animation. If he hated it, that's his opinion. I thought the humans looked pretty bad myself, although other parts were sweet.
He is a troll when he embraces the term, though. Edit: Just read his post to Kevin Munroe. Yeah, troll.
__________________
![]() Thanks evan2000 for the sig! Last edited by Rooish; 03-25-2007 at 12:37 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#296 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
Quote:
As for Blueoakleyz I would really would love to know what you do that you can make better money then an Animator
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#297 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
|
Quote:
I'm certain it can't be more than 100k/year?
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#298 | |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
Quote:
The first live action movie had none of that. Keep in mind, the first movie will always be special to me but I tend to think that many fans will agree that the turtles are more flexible and skilled in a cgi movie. Am I wrong? Agree? Disagree?
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#299 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
average $44,000. highest60,000. But it all depends on the reigion and employer of the animator
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#300 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|