![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Who should have won the fight? | |||
| Leo deserved to win |
|
17 | 19.10% |
| Raph deserved to win |
|
48 | 53.93% |
| It should have been a tie |
|
9 | 10.11% |
| I wish those two would stop fighting |
|
15 | 16.85% |
| Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#141 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
|
Quote:
before revealing himself as raph, leo had no trouble knocking the nightwatcher around. but after knowing that he was fighting his own brother, i think he controlled his rage to a point where he tried to fight the battle that couldn't be stopped all the while avoiding to cause serious injury to his bro. raph on the other hand was channeling his wrath and disapproval of leo entirely into his strength - something he excels at. which is why at the end, after leo's swords snapped, raph came to a realization that his outburst of anger could have resulted in something tragic. raph has the upperhand in brute force, but theoretically leo would be the better fighter, as in more rounded and having a deeper understanding an appreciation for ninjutsu/bushido as well as the ability to control his emotions. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
|
the circumstances aren't clear enough for me to answer that completely. if i didn't commit any crimes, i don't see why he would do that. if it's just a fight to the death, i'd be for honor. in that case i wouldn't be running away then, would i?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#146 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Quote:
What about just a little squabble, or tournament type battle? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#147 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
|
if death isn't involved, then definitely raph. more fun that way.
who would you fight? |
|
|
|
|
|
#148 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
|
Leo wanted to win? Against who? Raph or Nightwatcher? IMO, he didn't even want to fight Raph, but felt compelled to teach a lesson because he is the leader and Raph, like Don said, is the cause of contention, so he "fought" and "lost" to teach the lesson... so how could he have wanted to win the physical battle? That wouldn't have helped.
__________________
- ![]() -
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Quote:
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
|
Raph didn't dodge it. Leo missed on purpose. The first time I saw the movie I thought he dodged too.
__________________
- ![]() -
|
|
|
|
|
|
#151 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Leo wouldn't hurt his brother that's why.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#152 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#153 |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
^ The fight should have been over at this point when leo thrust his katana upon raph's shoulder. had it been a real enemy, would Leo have missed?
Also, Leo knocked nightwatcher down earlier. So Leo gets two 'points' before raph gets his first 'point'. Leo - 2 raph - 1
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#154 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Quote:
And it wasn't aimed at his throat; the sword didn't come as a slash from the side or downward onto the shoulder; the sword was thrust forward point-first at his face.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#155 | ||
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
|
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
- ![]() -
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#156 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47
|
Dang... this topic just keeps going and going and going.
Anyway, I asked my sister (who isn't all that interested in TMNT, but I dragged her to see it anyway) who won. Her answer was: "Leo won the first round. Raph won the second." Quote:
Diego: Do you know how to use that thing? Alejandro: Of course! The pointy end goes into the other man. Diego: This going to take a lot of work.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#157 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#158 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
No he's not lost. You can see in his eyes he's still aware of his surrounding and not absorb with the fight too much. Raph eyes are full of determination,he wants to beat Leo so much.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#159 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Quote:
He used strategy to beat the Nightwatcher. But then Raphael was revealed, they had an argument, and Leo threw out that "I'm better than you!" Which I think was not a calculated move. I think Leo had had it with Raph, and wanted to put him in his place once and for all. But Leo went about it the wrong way. He started to use force and muscle instead of his head. And unfortunately for Leo, Raph's force and muscle are far more greater. Now, if Leo was in more control he might have stood a chance, but I will agree with you, in that Raph went completely beserk, and I always thought that when Raph sees red, he's unstopable. ALso, I have the novel to help back me up, where you do get the Turtles point of view. In the first fight, Raph was stunned that he lost to Leo. But in the second fight, Leo was shocked that he had just lost to Raph. I'm not sure who I would want to duel with for fun. Probably Leo, I don't have to worry about him potentially going completly mad on me! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#160 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
|
Quote:
But even if he didn't miss on purpose, Raphael still didn't dodge it... Leo just straight up missed. But missed purposely in my eyes.
__________________
- ![]() -
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|