The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #81
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I don't like you Ivey. It's not a secret. Deal.
Heh trust me, I deal.

Though I did see two post from ya, and found it amusing that you said...

Quote:
I can't help but wonder if Ivey thought I was Putrescent...
You're not the first person who was on my mind. Hehehe I already know your nick here.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:44 AM   #82
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Collier View Post
Ivey *snuzz* Don't worry about it. Some people feel the need to make themselves feel superior in this way. I'm personally envious of your courage, and your collection. Don't let them get to you.
I'll drink to that. Both you and Buslady have a collection you should be proud of. Don't let anyone tell you any different. I'm sure they are just a tad jealous of all of the stuff you have. I know I am

As for the documentary itself...at some points I'm sure the show tried to make Buslady and Ivey rabid fans, obsessed over everything TMNT at one point or another. Although I couldn't help but just think "Woah...freaky" at some parts, I enjoyed seeing some of our fellow 'dromers up there. Heck, I just broke out into a grin when I saw Buslady modeling her trench coat
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #83
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Unlike other people atleast I have the balls to say things to youre face insteead of talking behind your back...I wish the rest of you chickens would come out so I'm not getting the brunt of this..but ya know what honestly I don't care.
Some of people here just don't care at all. So hush and let the others live.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #84
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Some of people here just don't care at all. So hush and let the others live.
hey sewer bull why don't you take some of your own advice.
I'm allowed to post my opinions of what I saw I'm not hurting anyone.
She deals with allot worse than what I had to say I'm more than sure of it.
And you know I'd like to add I really find it funny how allot of you pay attention to the negative things I say around here because the good things I do around this place sure outway the bad 10 fold.
Don't believe me just look around.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 05-13-2007 at 03:06 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #85
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
...I think someone needs their daily dose of happy pills.

Although you do some decent things around here, that doesn't mean for every ten good deeds you do you can do a bad one. Just shimmer down and let people get on with their lives and that, yo.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:17 AM   #86
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
...I think someone needs their daily dose of happy pills.

Although you do some decent things around here, that doesn't mean for every ten good deeds you do you can do a bad one. Just shimmer down and let people get on with their lives and that, yo.
I'm not saying that I'm saying I should be allowed to say my say as much as anyone else should I feel as if I'm the only person being ragged on half the time and this thread is no exception.
So why don't you guys take some of your own happy pills and back off me cause I'm chill and I've said what I had to say about Ivey I'm done.
I'm moving on unless there's anything else you lovely people would like to dig back up?
I mean damn there's allot worse people on here than me and they get away with far worse crap.
Heavens to Betsy! Mergatroid even! Even Metroid Even!

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 05-13-2007 at 03:28 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:38 AM   #87
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Erm.... I really like the idea that Zarius mentioned about haveing a TMNT doc about serious stuff, intellectual conversations. That would be awesome. I don't pass any judgement on Buslady or Ivey (and am impressed that they felt they could be so publicly passionate about their fandom) but it would be nice to see a TMNT doc without hysteria and jumping up and down shouting Cowabunga. TMNT is about so much more than that.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 AM   #88
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Erm.... I really like the idea that Zarius mentioned about haveing a TMNT doc about serious stuff, intellectual conversations. That would be awesome. I don't pass any judgement on Buslady or Ivey (and am impressed that they felt they could be so publicly passionate about their fandom) but it would be nice to see a TMNT doc without hysteria and jumping up and down shouting Cowabunga. TMNT is about so much more than that.
Exactly I know a bunch of other people who have great collections love the tmnt and don't act like that who are actully calm collected and can go on and on but oh just nevermind everyones only to get there panties in a bunch again...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 AM   #89
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Exactly I know a bunch of other people who have great collections love the tmnt and don't act like that who are actully calm collected and can go on and on but oh just nevermind everyones only to get there panties in a bunch again...
Well I think most people on this forum are very articulate and back up their arguments with factual evidence when they make a statement about the turtles. Think of some of the psychological debates we've had! I reckon it would make for a very interesting programme and would also demonstrate that TMNT is not just a "geekdom", but an interesting subject. No panties in a bunch here.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:51 AM   #90
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: as far away from reality as possible
Posts: 307
Hey Ivey, I just watched Fanatical and I relate to you sooo much. Your not crazy and do not let them tell you that you have problems. The only problem in this world is judgemental people. As a child (a gay child) I was obsessed with April O'Neil from the age of 5. Other boys liked the turtles and Shredder and they were secondary characters to April, at least to me. I was abused by the "normal" and the "sane" people at my school for being "girly" from the time I went to school to the time I left and this started in kindergarten until I eventually dropped out and opted for a GED. I endured the same treatment as you for different reasons. When I left I went home to the solitude of my Turtle figures. April was my idol and still is. Some of us are just not treated well and we have to compensate for what everyone else is given so freely. If we compensate using television and movies then so be it. You go and you be you and let the "normal" people live their cookie-cutter lives. In the end it's you and me that are gonna go out happy.
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 AM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
but it would be nice to see a TMNT doc without hysteria and jumping up and down shouting Cowabunga. TMNT is about so much more than that.
But that wouldn't give as good of ratings as a show that, to the average, non-TMNT fan, would give a good look at a few of us fellow TMNT freaks... with the non-geekiness cut-out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #92
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
hey sewer bull why don't you take some of your own advice.
Fine. Go ahead and despise me for trying to calm down the flame in a civil way.

I just wanted to be friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I'm allowed to post my opinions of what I saw I'm not hurting anyone.
She deals with allot worse than what I had to say I'm more than sure of it.
Ever heard of the last straw that broke the camel's back? It doesn't have to be a huge and long straw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
And you know I'd like to add I really find it funny how allot of you pay attention to the negative things I say around here because the good things I do around this place sure outway the bad 10 fold.
Don't believe me just look around.
Too true. That's why I found it odd that a guy so meritorious and important to this place like you acts like that.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:22 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Fine. Go ahead and despise me for trying to calm down the flame in a civil way.

I just wanted to be friendly.



Ever heard of the last straw that broke the camel's back? It doesn't have to be a huge and long straw.



Too true. That's why I found it odd that a guy so meritorious and important to this place like you acts like that.
I've read over this thread and I haven't found a single comment from Putrescent to be out of line. He/she is pretty much telling it true, or at least encapsulating the opinions of how the non-diehard TMNT fan might view such a thing.

Keep in mind there is a grand canyon of difference of how you or I Joe Dirt Hardcore TMNT Fan view TMNT Fan X's obsession with this or that... and the non-TMNT fan, general TV watcher-type.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #94
NoPressApril
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: as far away from reality as possible
Posts: 307
John may spend 2 hours a day watching episodes, shopping on ebay for TMNT stuff, or just daydreaming about how he wishes Playmates Toys would handle the line better. Sally Jean may spend 12 hours a day doing the same things. Now Richard he doesn't like TMNT so he spends 0 hours concerned with it. WHAT gives John and Richard ANY right to call Sally Mae "crazy" or "mentally unstable" because she spends 12 hours of her day enjoying herself? NOTHING. So she didn't spend 12 hours doing what John and Richard did, this makes people "concerned" about her? People this is one hobby that we all enjoy and it's not possible for us all to enjoy it for the exact same time and to the exact same extent. "Deal".
NoPressApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #95
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Hey everyone,

Don't worry about it. Though he's right that he didn't say a million bad things, the only reason his post stood out to me was because he was the one to start using 'rumors' to judge me instead of the show. Others here did say worse stuff, and if it was bad stuff that got me to speak up I would of gone after them. People saw the show and have the rights to judge it for what they see, though I'll always see it as them judging a show because until it goes off of what was on the show by either meeting me or hearing something, it's just a TV show which could be edited one way or another.

Personally, I don't feel like I come off too crazy on the show. People have to think that while the TV show crew is here they're asking for certain things to be done. And also that if you're doing a TMNT event, like a party or convention people should be allowed to have fun with it. Also how the interviews (which is where they use our quotes from), is focused on our fandom. Ok, so it doesn't show our other interest that much. They do show that we have lifes, friends, and am able to enjoy our fandom. Does this mean that we throw Turtle parties everyday? Nope.... as I mentioned in the interview "I never did a sewer before". Others can feel different if they want to, though listen to the words of the interviews and tell me what is scary?

Is it scary that I'm a collector wants to share what I get?
Is it scary that the TMNT helped me to read, since School was doing anything to help?
Is it scary that I live in a family who makes costumes, some of which (non TMNT) have won world contests and my dad's talents was for a TV series in Michigan and Ohio?
Is it scary that I like to hang out with other fans when they're in town?
Is it scary that I use to be hurt in school, but when I got in Karate the fighting stopped?
Or does someone who is different and keeps their collection out in the open scare you?

Collectors have been doing the stuff that I have done from long before I was born. I know a collector of the Monkees, who would buy all the magazines and everything. I was amazed at what they put in the magazines showing people's collections. I didn't see the people as freaks or anything, though I really thought it was cool they were willing to support what they loved so much. I never thought I would be one of those collectors, and it has happened. It doesn't mean I walk the street shouting COWABUNGA every where I go, though it does mean if people talk TMNT to me, I'm not afraid to share my views and thoughts on what's going on.

I could go on every web site out there and speak up to the people who call me a freak job, sometimes I do play around like replying to people about "Totally Obsessed" on youtube, they're a fun group who really believe that I eat Pizza everyday and spent $5,000 just to be more like a Turtle. The things people would believe that they hear on TV? Heh notice the quotes people pick on with that is said by the host which was Fred Willard.

As I am curious as what people found wrong in that episode, people have their rights to express it. It's just the second rumors start to be thrown into the pot that I feel I gotta set up. And that's all it was, to make sure people would at least talk to me before something got around that I don't feel is true, and that I don't even know the person saying it. I don't want any fights to start up in here, and I think we shared our words enough to where we see each other stand.

Putrescent, I'm sorry we got off on a bad note. I am not a normal member of this board, so sometimes first things people can see is when you do step up with things that aren't good. I've had people come and tell me you're not a bad person, I believe that. It's just sometimes when you're passing rumors, it gets to the people that you're talking about. I've mentioned a few times now why your post stood out to me. I hope you understand, it wasn't a personal attack because I didn't like your nick or something, it wasn't personal at all. It was more the thought that I wish people would not spread things that they themselves could not prove.

If you go to TMNT-L, which is where I post I am Michaelangelo. And read through the areas where I post. You don't really find me bragging, you'll see reviews of events. You'll see a few autographs up from me to show people in a topic anyone can put their autographs in. And everything else would be discussing stuff Turtles, I've got over 3,000 posts on that forum and hardly any of it ever talks about my collection. It's more making friends with the people around me. If people bring up my collection, or Totally Obsessed I answer and talk. But it's not like it's even close to my #1 topic that I share with people.

So everyone, please calm down. I never saw this as a flame war, but a debate. It's all cool.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #96
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
but at the same time I work to help others with their collections.
This is true, i have a Raph Mcds toy for my collection cos of Ivey. ( i finally got the other one too!)

One of the things others don't know is how we did the show. Yes their main focus as on TMNT, so of course we did everything we could with it. The focus isn't the history, it's US the fans; the goal of the program is to show a couple big fans, who they are, their love for a specific show and show what they've done with the fandom. They never insisted on anything. I had a legal issue with the bus, Daniel said 'Okay, how 'bout this way', and we compromised and it was all good. They at least showed stuff that is and isn't fan stuff. Okay, I'm a school bus driver...I'm actually obsessed a little with my new bus, and they kept that in me bragging about it ONLY cos I'm so damn proud of owning a brand new school bus and hey I got bragging rights OH and I just passed my certificate renewal so I got 5 more years of bus driving ahead of me ...so I'm into more than JUST my Raph fixation. I'm glad they touched on my bus. I loved the road shots they did...they're good. And they showed I'm obsessed with my turtles...*grins* I love my turtles. Hands down. Donnie never looked so good on tv hahahaha!! I thought I was crap explaining why his name was Don tho...bleah. hehe
__________________

Last edited by Buslady; 05-13-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #97
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Yeah! I really loved your story Buslady! I wish they had more on your turtles, when I first watched it I was sitting here with my sister and I saw you bring out the eggs and I'm going "OOOHH I hope we get to see babies!!" Than told my sister all about your babies and how you post the pictures online. I think it's so cool that you breed Turtles!!!
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #98
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Yeah! I really loved your story Buslady! I wish they had more on your turtles, when I first watched it I was sitting here with my sister and I saw you bring out the eggs and I'm going "OOOHH I hope we get to see babies!!" Than told my sister all about your babies and how you post the pictures online. I think it's so cool that you breed Turtles!!!
Yeha I was bummed they didn't show the babies. Cos I had what was the baby tank right next to their parents tank and I pulled one out and showed them. Oh well. They're like my second obsession tied with TMNT. Mom & Dad turtles are in a new tub, so now I can just sit next to the tub and watch them. Ohhh Jessie was so cute yesterday...I called her name and talked to her and she came close to me stretching her neck up looking for a treat most likely but it's like...people say turtles don't respond to their keepers...yeah right. Jessie, my shyest turtle, she does. lol

ok im gonna shut up cos im getting rambly about them...

i love my turtles
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #99
TMNTserbia
Thug
 
TMNTserbia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 80
Awesome.
__________________
www.nindzakornjace.20m.com/
TMNTserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #100
Anissina
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 3
I thought both of you(Ivey and Buslady) were awesome
Loved your turtles Buslady, altough I'm more into snakes.

And OT: TMNTserbia, (if you are from Serbia) congrats on the Eurovision victory!
Anissina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.