The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #41
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
I know that. I can distinguish between you and your art. Or you and the things you like. What I'm saying is that not everyone is going to bother to make that distinction... look at what they say about Marilyn Manson who's like one of the most awesome and well-spoken artists ever. People are gonna judge no matter what. And I don't have time for those people.
Manson is far from the most awesome and well spoken artist, he's an asshole.

Here's a picture of some well spoken artists


Look pretty normal don't they? That guy in the middle There Mikeal is one of the best writers I've seen in recent years. Artists speak louder with words then they do with publicity stunts like burning American flags and cutting themselves on stage with glass bottles.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #42
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
I know that. I can distinguish between you and your art. Or you and the things you like. What I'm saying is that not everyone is going to bother to make that distinction... look at what they say about Marilyn Manson who's like one of the most awesome and well-spoken artists ever. People are gonna judge no matter what. And I don't have time for those people.
There's also the difference between being a visual and actually being something my images are me but at the same time they're not get it?
Also I don't run around in a crappy ninja turtle costume trying to get freebees off of people.
Then run around and brag about how people give me free stuff...great now see you've got me started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Manson is far from the most awesome and well spoken artist, he's an asshole.
And I should know I worked for him back in 2003.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #43
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Yes I am a bit obsessive, I have an obsessive nature. What you guys saw was ME. BUT...if you knew me IRL..like a few online do...I'm a normal person. I keep my TMNT stuff in two places like you saw - the bus cos the kids like it, even teachers like it and in here, my office. When I want to be away from everybody I like to surround myself in something I enjoy.
My brother is the same way, he has a neat collection of race cars and hot wheels. It's no different. Some people like to surround themselves with a huge porcelein doll collection, or Pez dispensers or Barbies...it's the same thing.
Yeah it's true ever since getting back into TMNT, I think Raph on a daily basis but usually to write a story or draw.
And it's not all cos of TMNT I have turtles, I've always kept reptiles.

So please, don't think I'm wacko nuts! I'm really a normal mom, with a job, life, and all that. This is just my hobby.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
I'd be very surprised if the bulk of TMNT fans -- myself included -- aren't guilty of obsessing over one thing or another at any given time. No need to justify yourself.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #45
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
yeah I know, I just don't want people to think I'm bonkers. Eccentric yes, I have my own ideas,etc...but not a nutcase. hehe...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #46
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
That's what I'm saying, Buslady. I got the impresion that you keep most of your TMNT stuff in one room, and you decorate your bus. Hardly anything "nuts." And I thought Ivey was all-out, but she's not crazy... she doesn't walk around in a bandana all day talking surfer-speak or anything like that. Normal job, normal family, etc.

I don't know. I don't have a TMNT collection to speak of. I don't have a collection of anything to speak of. I might look at the toys when I'm in Target, but I don't buy them. I have some comic books that I haven't added to in years, except for the Donatello #1 I just had to have because it's my favorite and I happened across it. I have one TMNT shirt. No DVDs. I haven't seen more than 2 episodes of the OT since 1990. I haven't watched the movies all the way through since I first saw them. I don't even wake up to watch the new toon most of the time, if I'm home.

I'd be hard-pressed to call myself fanatical about TMNT. I just love the characters. But I don't find anything excessively weird about this Fanatical show. If you do, I guess I'm not going to understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Manson is far from the most awesome and well spoken artist, he's an asshole.

Here's a picture of some well spoken artists


Look pretty normal don't they? That guy in the middle There Mikeal is one of the best writers I've seen in recent years. Artists speak louder with words then they do with publicity stunts like burning American flags and cutting themselves on stage with glass bottles.
If you do a publicity stunt you can't be an artist? The point was that who you are is not equal to what people think you look like you are. Is it?

I never said Manson wasn't an ass. But you know that most people who have heard of Manson hate him and assume they're better people than him, and it's not because they heard he's a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
There's also the difference between being a visual and actually being something my images are me but at the same time they're not get it?
Also I don't run around in a crappy ninja turtle costume trying to get freebees off of people.
Then run around and brag about how people give me free stuff...great now see you've got me started.
Dude, I'm gonna stick to the stuff people could see in the Fanatical show. I didn't see the show giving people the impression that anything like that was going on.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #47
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
If it makes you feel any better, Buslady, I loved your trenchcoat/fedora combo.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #48
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Dude, I'm gonna stick to the stuff people could see in the Fanatical show. I didn't see the show giving people the impression that anything like that was going on.
Well, on manson I'd consider someone who waves a gun at your head joke or not an ass or a jerk...
Manson used to be very creative he's toned down what he does now and pretty much is as bad as the bands he makes fun in music video sense anyway I don't have so much a problem with his new CD that's about to come out which I have already.
Reading books on other peoples lives and taking there ideas does not a great mind make...I liked manson because he was doing things at the time others hadn't been doing but at this point he just seems to be wanting acceptance.
Now onto this fanatical girl I'm not the only one who feels this way about her and I've heard stories and no I'm not saying from who because that's between me and them if they want to go ahead and say so they can be my guest but I'm not going to nark on a friend.
And trust me I'm a huge tmnt fanatic but I'm by no means a whiner about it, nor do I run around bragging about my stuff every chance I get, you people haven't even seen photos of my collection it's just about as big as Ivy's or whatever her name is.
My point in the first place wasn't even to bring these things to the light but now I feel as if I have to.
I was talking about how the show makes them look bad not so much Buslady but the other person.
I'm gonna be honest for the most part they make her look like she's mental that's really what I got and yeah she does brag bragging to me is saying something more than once about the things people give to you.
Btw I'm here to help not cause fights I'm just expressing my opinions on this show and I honestly don't like it one bit.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #49
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
If you do a publicity stunt you can't be an artist? The point was that who you are is not equal to what people think you look like you are. Is it?

I never said Manson wasn't an ass. But you know that most people who have heard of Manson hate him and assume they're better people than him, and it's not because they heard he's a jerk.
My point was you can be a great artist without making a media donkey out of yourself.

I don't hate Manson, I know he's a dick, I used to listen to him, I think he's washed up, and yes I no longer like him.

And no most people do not hate him, the only people who hate him are hardcore Christians but they hate anything rock music that isn't God related.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #50
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
If it makes you feel any better, Buslady, I loved your trenchcoat/fedora combo.

woohoo!!

oh believe me that coat & hat came in handy up in Quebec with snow up to my knees. And recently up in the mountains when it was heavy flurries and like 20 degrees... I was sweating while the other drivers were freezing! It's very practical.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #51
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Well on manson I'd consider someone who waves a gun at your head joke or not an ass or a jerk...
Now onto this fanatical girl I'm not the only one who feels this way about her and I've heard storys and no I'm not saying from who because thats between me and them if they want to go ahead and say so they cna be my guest but I'm not going to nark on a friend.
And trust me I'm a huge tmnt fanatic but I'm by no means a whiner about it, nor do I run around bragging about my stuff every chance I get, you people haven't even seen photos of my collection it's just about as big as Ivys or whatever her name is.
My point in the first place wasn't even to bring these things to the light but now I feel as if I have to.
I was talking about how the show makes them look bad not so much Buslady but the other person.
I'm gonna be honest for the most part they make her look like she's mental thats really what I got and yeah she does brag braging to me is saying something more than once about the things people give to you.
Btw I'm here to help not cause fights I'm just expressing my opinions on this show and I honestly don't like it one bit.
I'm not trying to cause fights either... although I seem to be doing a fair job anway.

That vast collection on the show and the talk about TMNT museums makes Ivey look rather ambitious to some people, and rather looney to other people. Some people would say she would have the right to brag about a collection like that whether she's looney or not. Again, I'm only going to talk about what's visible on the show, not about what people have heard from behind the scenes.

I've had people wave guns at me... I'm fine with calling them jerks. But I can understand what you mean.

And Spitfire... I ain't even gonna touch that comment. lol
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #52
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
And Spitfire... I ain't even gonna touch that comment. lol
Just like Murphy, I love when people do that.

Hey anyone think of this dude after they watched the video
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/

Last edited by Spitfire; 05-12-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #53
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I don't know spit maybe a little but even he's not that bad.. they should make Ivy into a villian in the next incarnation of the tmnt lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #54
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Just like Murphy, I love when people do that.

Hey anyone think of this dude after they watched the video
Hahah, yes Ivey's obsession does make me think back to this ep.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #55
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
After all these years, I have obtained the TurtleCom.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #56
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I don't know spit maybe a little but even he's not that bad.. they should make Ivy into a villian in the next incarnation of the tmnt lol
No fair... when do I get to be a villain? I have superpowers. I can annoy people from hundreds, even thousands of miles away! Why, if Spit and I were in the same room, he'd disintegrate! Or my head would implode... I don't actually know which... don't look at me like that, it's still a superpower... I mean can you show me a person without superpowers who can make his own cranium implode? I didn't think so.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
You seem to think that people would change their minds about TMNT... what... being for losers?... and they would change their minds if only they could know something about its awesomeness and its history of awesomeness.
Which can be made possible, as evident by channels like the Biography Channel's look on things like M.A.S.H and comic heroes.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #58
Ava Collier
It's ninja ninja RAT!
 
Ava Collier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak View Post
After all these years, I have obtained the TurtleCom.
so YOU'RE lub15.
*ka-click* I was going to put a cell phone in that...*pouts, and puts the gun down* I'll make my own damn turtlecom. Damn...damnit.


Buslady...*snuzzle* I want you to be my mommy. We can fight over Raph, and I would lose arguments with my new little brother >.>
__________________
Ava Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 AM   #59
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Post

Wow, Hiya everyone. To those who like and those who don't like me.

Guess it's my turn to speak up... for someone that I don't think I know, you sure have a lot to say about me Putrescent. And there's a few things we deff differ on. One is, I don't talk about someone because of rumors though get to know them first. Hey judgment is a harsh thing to pass when ya don't know the person.

Bragging, well if you want to call it that you can. Though here's another view of what bragging is. Bragging is someone who goes around and says "I have this and you don't" And than turns around and tucks it away so only they can enjoy it. They're rude, and always trying to prove to be better than everyone else. So ok, I do talk about my collection a lot, but at the same time I work to help others with their collections. I don't sit here and go ha ha... but share when people are interested. And if people don't want to hear, they don't have to read the topics I post about it in or any of that stuff.

Talking about things more than once... well I get tired of talking about stuff a lot, I mean just because I have it doesn't mean I sit there and stare at them everyday and focus my life around it. A good example is the heads that everyone knows so well about, yes I got them... and they're impressive and I do enjoy the fact they're here but I got them to study and to enjoy. They are shared with anyone who comes over, they can look at them and they've even gone to events. But I don't talk about them everyday, though people who don't know me can say "That was brought up in BOTH shows you were in!" Yeah, the shows ask about them. A ton of people ask about them, I got so tired of answering where they came from in private messages on myspace that I put up a blog about where they came from to point people to when they ask. Someone who's bragging wouldn't get tired of repeating stories.

I am an obsessed fan with Turtles, but the show pointed out a lot of stuff you seem to be very blind to. About why I like Turtles, about the stuff I've gone through in my life, and about the strong family and friend support I've got. There's more to life than TMNT, and if people take a chance to look at that collection they may notice something people seem to be very blind to, esp going through the hall way... not everything up is TMNT. I'm an anime fan there's wall scrolls up. TMNT is just the main theme so people don't pay attention to the other items that are around me.

I don't feel like this show as done in a bad light at all. And I do feel that people already have a preset judging of me around because of "Totally Obsessed" and because of rumors about me. Though anyone talking here and picking at me, should think to themselves if I only lived for TMNT wouldn't I be one of those fans who people would know more online? Wouldn't I be a fan on EVERY message board, posting all the time every time I got something new in my collection? Wouldn't I be an in your face annoying type fan?

How often has anyone here seen me? Not much, I've posted on a very small handful of topics. I don't travel much from the ONE message board I do post on. I do have a few journals here and there and am on myspace. Though I don't jump on all the TMNT clubs on myspace either. I know I don't know a lot of fans on this board, including the one who says I go around bragging... Putrescent

I know people may find me weird on TV for who I am, but it is who I am. I'm not your normal person, though hey I think my life would be a lot more boring if I was... I like to give TMNT stuff away to fellow fans is that a crime? I love to wear costumes and entertain people (can't even do that anymore) where's the harm in that, since I've brought smiles to thousands people through it. If people can't see the good in my life, I'm sorry but that is their own choices. Me I'm enjoying my world, and if I wouldn't change for the other loud mouths who judged me in the past, I'm not going to change now.

I'm sorry if I seem to come off in defense, but when I come in and read people talking about me who don't even know me like that. It's sad. It's like even in the TMNT fandom people can't be themselves without worry that someone is going to tear them apart.

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the show and realized there was more to it, than some freak who collects TMNT. I won't ask for anyone to not to see me as weird in any way. Because everyone has their right to think what they want. Though I do ask, before people go around and start bad mouthing me, to at least try and get to know me for who I am and not listen to others.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 AM   #60
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
quite frankly I don't want to know you k thanks.
Oh and btw those heads you have in case you haven't learned it at this point are called Animatronic not autotomonic or whatever you've been calling them just thought I'd educate you a bit.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.