The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #21
Ava Collier
It's ninja ninja RAT!
 
Ava Collier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipingPringle View Post
I wonder what Raph won that trophy from..?
Gift from Casey?
__________________
Ava Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #22
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Raph's trophy was probably a simple junk yard find. And he's cute when he sleeps...legs hanging down...arm's up over his head, hiding his face. *melts*
hehe
My guess for his hammock is comfort, a sling would support his shell body better than a flat bed which really would only allow him to sleep on his front.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #23
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
LOL... Raph looks like he's made himself a comfy little nest. He just needs a teddy bear.

Maybe I was imagining this but don't all the turtles have musical instruments in their rooms? As if, perhaps, they had formed a band at some point? Mike has the drum kit, and I'm pretty sure Raph has a guitar. Not sure about Leo and Don.

I don't know what it is with thread titles on this board... they keep giving me the wrong impression as to the question. If someone had walked up to me and asked, "what do the ninja turtles sleep in," I'd have said, "in the nude, man." Well, it's not like they wear PJs, right?
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]

Last edited by iris; 05-30-2007 at 08:14 AM.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #24
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I agree with the title Iris lol. Leo was the only one sleeping on his back in the screencaps. I find that interesting. The other three were on their stomachs.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #25
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Eek, it's been a few days since I've posted!
Rooish! Where've you been?? I've missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post

Maybe I was imagining this but don't all the turtles have musical instruments in their rooms? As if, perhaps, they had formed a band at some point? Mike has the drum kit, and I'm pretty sure Raph has a guitar. Not sure about Leo and Don.

Hehe -maybe Splinter was being a supportive parent, you know trying to encourage his kids to be creative and express themselves by 'acquiring' musical instruments for them. (don't ask me where he would get them though!)
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!
 
Garou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In a different and wicked reality...
Posts: 1,991
I don't recall any of the others having instruments in their rooms. Beside that, the only interactive ninja turtles website I've found was a danish one. Just went through the boy's rooms to check for instruments of any kind...

I have the link, if any of you want to check it out:

http://www.ninjaturtles.dk/lair.html

And I know most of you don't have the slightest clue on what they're saying and such, but just click on the turtle or Splinter to see their room (you can click on other places as well, but I'm sure you'll figure it out ).
__________________
Ferret Bureau of Investigation
Garou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Thanks for the link, Garou. I'm liking the tunes on Mikey's jukebox.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:38 PM   #28
PipingPringle
Hench Mutant
 
PipingPringle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garou View Post
I have the link, if any of you want to check it out:

http://www.ninjaturtles.dk/lair.html
!! That site is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for like two weeks ago! Thanks a bunches!
__________________
PipingPringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #29
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Wow. That's the niftiest site I have seen in a while.

SPOILERS in the comments:

Raph's room looks SCARY. Not just badarse. Scary. Anger issues indeed. I think they overdid it to be honest. I do not think Splinter would let him get away with so many weapons that border on torture devices.

Mikey's room looks exactly like what I would expect it to be. The jukebox is cool. Looks probably most like that of a regular teenage boy. How did he manage to get a bowling alley and so many other goodies inside, I do not know. Definitely the largest one.

Donnie's is cool. Gotta love the pic of April. Though all 4 Turtles had a thing for her, Donnie has the hottest hots of all. Also liked the aquarium and the terrarium. Very in-character.

Leo's...well, they call him Splinter Jr. for a reason. And he's my fave for a reason as well- he has a lot of books! Yay for the bike.

And regarding Splinter's, it looks a bit like a bonsai garden. I was wondering where had the Ying Yang symbol gone.

Only two of them have pizza in them, hehe. Yes, the two that Splinter yells at the most and with good reason. Coolest IMHO was Donatello's, with Leo's books, Raph's jungle gym, and Mikey's jukebox.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #30
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garou View Post
Oh yeah! I remember the English language version of this!!

And finding Mikey's jukebox reminds me that I never recorded the background music like I meant to, so I think I'll do that now.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #31
PipingPringle
Hench Mutant
 
PipingPringle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post

And regarding Splinter's, it looks a bit like a bonsai garden. I was wondering where had the Ying Yang symbol gone.
That was in the 3rd Lair, unless there was one in the second one as well.
__________________
PipingPringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #32
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Scandia's right, Raph's room is scary. Raph looks scary, too.

Donnie's room looks bigger than Mikey's to me. I wish Leo's bed made it into the shot of his room. Despite that, his looks most bedroom-like to me, everyone else has too much going on in their rooms. Splinter's isn't busy, either, but feels more like a meditation room than anything else. Other than those thoughts, I spent time trying to read Danish.

What episode has them sleeping so adorably?
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #33
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courk View Post
What episode has them sleeping so adorably?
Hunted.
Quote:
That was in the 3rd Lair, unless there was one in the second one as well.
In that site Garou posted, his room is assembled somewhat the way the one in the 3rd lair is, not exactly alike but almost. And the Yin Yang was there.
Quote:
Yes, the two that Splinter yells at the most and with good reason.
Heh, perhaps so, still, they're just as loyal to the family as the others, and every now and then Splinter deserves a couple of those "green hairs" they give him.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #34
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
I like Mike and Leo's rooms the best, probably a combo of the two would best suit my own personality. Though I do like Raph's hammock.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #35
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
Maybe they don't sleep without their gear cause they feel they always need to be prepared, or the animators don't want to go to the trouble ...lol
In the Don episode with Kirby Raph comes out of the shower asking Don to go fix it and he has nothing on but a towel which I thought was very funny
Leo sleeps in his gear to Be Prepared. Mike, Raph, and Don sleep in their gear because they can't be bothered.

I always thought Raph wearing the towel that way was peculiar, cuz it's more than he ususally wears so it couldn't have been for modesty. Maybe he just didn't want to drip all over the carpet.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #36
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Leo sleeps in his gear to Be Prepared. Mike, Raph, and Don sleep in their gear because they can't be bothered.

I always thought Raph wearing the towel that way was peculiar, cuz it's more than he ususally wears so it couldn't have been for modesty. Maybe he just didn't want to drip all over the carpet.
They always do that in cartoons though don't they? Animal characters like in Tom and Jerry, normally wear nothing but when they are spotted in the shower, they cover themselves with a towel and look offended.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #37
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Leo sleeps in his gear to Be Prepared. Mike, Raph, and Don sleep in their gear because they can't be bothered.
What's the difference? And I would think they all sleep in their gear for the same reason.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #38
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
The difference would be motivation.
But I was kinda joking around there.
I suspect they sleep in their gear because it's funny and the audience goes 'oi they're sleepin'! in their gear! wtf lol'
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #39
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
I haven't seen the episode, but I would have guessed the bandanas were kept in order to tell them apart, even if the reason to tell them apart is just so people would know which turtle they were looking at. Mikey would be pretty obvious without his bandana, and you'd probably get 9 out of 10 people to guess right on Raph, but from those stills there's nothing to distinguish Leo and Don. After that it'd just be a progression: If they keep their bandanas on, why would they take off their pads? *shrug*
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #40
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
I always thought Raph wearing the towel that way was peculiar, cuz it's more than he ususally wears so it couldn't have been for modesty. Maybe he just didn't want to drip all over the carpet.
I think the artists did it just to mimic the comic that it was based off of. I thought it was creative on their part.

Quote:
, but I would have guessed the bandanas were kept in order to tell them apart, even if the reason to tell them apart is just so people would know which turtle they were looking at. Mikey would be pretty obvious without his bandana, and you'd probably get 9 out of 10 people to guess right on Raph, but from those stills there's nothing to distinguish Leo and Don.
I think it's easy to tell them apart in the new cartoon without their gear on. The artists did very well picking the colors (although they just based the colors off of the 87 toys: Don-olive green, Mike-jungle green, Raph-green, but a little dark, Leo-crap I can't remember what Crayola crayon I use for him). But yeah those are the colors I use when coloring pictures of them lol. Yes I'm 23 and still color, back off
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.