The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #21
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
OMG!! I TOTALLY can't wait for this!!! An early christmas gift for sure!! ALL of Vol 1 for only $18!! Dude!!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #22
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
OMG!! I TOTALLY can't wait for this!!! An early christmas gift for sure!! ALL of Vol 1 for only $18!! Dude!!
Its only 7 comics.......
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior
 
Leogeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
this makes me sad that my area (the entire state in fact) doesn't get these comics! :'(
__________________

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #24
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
this makes me sad that my area (the entire state in fact) doesn't get these comics! :'(
As has been mentioned before, any comic shop can and should order TMNT books for you if you ask them to. But in the case that that can't happen, that is why we have the Internet where you can order anything you like.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #25
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior
 
Leogeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
yes, that's true! THANK GOD FOR DEBIT!!
__________________

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #26
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
yes, that's true! THANK GOD FOR DEBIT!!
or credit...don't diss the credit
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #27
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
or credit...don't diss the credit
Credit is Evil...my grandmother always used to say if you don't have the money to buy it you don't need it. Words to live by if you ask me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #28
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
or credit...don't diss the credit
Yeah, I use a credit card for as much as I can. Mostly because I hate carrying around cash all the time and it gets me rewards points. But I never spend more than what I have in my checking account. This way I build up rewards points without having to pay interest. And in the event that there is an emergency or whatever (like my car exploding), the credit card brings peace of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Credit is Evil...my grandmother always used to say if you don't have the money to buy it you don't need it. Words to live by if you ask me.
I tend to agree, save for big investments like a college education, automobile, or home. I've heard way too many horror stories about people being in debt because they can't handle the responsibility of the Visa and Master Card. But there's nothing wrong with using credit, you just need to know how to control the beast to do your bidding.
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #29
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus Prospero View Post
Yeah, I use a credit card for as much as I can. Mostly because I hate carrying around cash all the time and it gets me rewards points. But I never spend more than what I have in my checking account. This way I build up rewards points without having to pay interest. And in the event that there is an emergency or whatever (like my car exploding), the credit card brings peace of mine.


I tend to agree, save for big investments like a college education, automobile, or home. I've heard way too many horror stories about people being in debt because they can't handle the responsibility of the Visa and Master Card. But there's nothing wrong with using credit, you just need to know how to control the beast to do your bidding.
Or you could just have a checking acount like I do which is the money you put into the acount...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #30
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
I'm so excited it makes me want to cry.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #31
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Or you could just have a checking acount like I do which is the money you put into the acount...
Well, I have a checking account too, but it pretty much acts as a buffer for bills and an intermediate repository for money before it goes into my savings. Like I said, I use my credit card purely to rack up rewards points. I made $250 in less than a year that way. Not a whole lot of money, I know, but it's a nice little bonus when you get it.

The thing I hate about using a Checking Account Debit Card-and one of the reasons I don't use it on principle-is that a lot of times cashiers will try to use debit instead of credit without asking in an attempt to save some money and try to get you billed an extra 50 cents or something. I hate that. I got nailed with that so many times when I got my first checking account. Took me a bit to catch on before I realized what was happening. Of course you can just tell them "Credit" but if you're using a credit card anyway they don't have much of a choice. Of course a lot of them still ask.

Why is debit even an option anymore?! No one in their right minds would want to be charged to make a purchase. It's just a way to pilfer money from unsuspecting saps. And every debit card I've ever seen is a fully functioning "credit card" that just withdrawls from the checking account. Actually the real reason banks do it is a bit more malicious. Banks get more money from businesses via "credit purchases" so it's an incentive for consumers to not use debit.

But we're getting way off topic at his point, heh.

So...can't wait for that Tales Volume 1 huh?

I couldn't help but notice that the cover says, "Eastman and Laird's." Wasn't there a discussion a while back where someone noticed that Laird was putting his name infront of Eastman's?

And thanks for posting the cover + info BTW.
__________________

Last edited by Janus Prospero; 07-14-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #32
atgthatsme
Random Punk
 
atgthatsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29
YES YES YES!!!! so lookin forward to the new story! and of course all of Tales volume 1!! YAY!! Once the date is set i'll be there! well i get them in my comic shop 4 days later cos im in the uk thank you mirage!
__________________
Uhm... Anyone want a game of ninja tag?
atgthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #33
bullet
Stone Warrior
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
urm...hellz yea.

i've been waiting for summin like this for a long, long time.
i've only bits and pieces of tales vol. 1...individual issues get so damn expensive.
i saw a lot for all of vol. 1 for like 50 bucks. that averages what, 9 bucks a piece? with shipping i mean, which was i think 14 bucks.
__________________
...and that's how they defeated the thing that wouldn't leave.

bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #34
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post
urm...hellz yea.

i've been waiting for summin like this for a long, long time.
i've only bits and pieces of tales vol. 1...individual issues get so damn expensive.
i saw a lot for all of vol. 1 for like 50 bucks. that averages what, 9 bucks a piece? with shipping i mean, which was i think 14 bucks.
Man, tough break. I own all of Tales vol. 1 except for the Nobody issue, and I got everything at Half-Price books. Thank the Gods for that store - it filled so many holes in my collection ^^
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Vol 1 for 50 bucks? That's not bad at all. 62 comics for 50 bucks (if i understand you right) is less than a dollar a comic.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Vol 1 for 50 bucks? That's not bad at all. 62 comics for 50 bucks (if i understand you right) is less than a dollar a comic.
No, Tales Vol. 1, which is only 7 issues.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #37
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
I've gotta remember this one. First appearances of Leatherhead and Rat King? This is the trade I'm looking forward to most in the next several months.

Now all they need to do is re-release Volume 1 of the regular series...
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #38
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
No, Tales Vol. 1, which is only 7 issues.
Oops sorry, thanks for clearing that up. I'm debating whether or not to get this even though I already have all of Tales Vol 1.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #39
atgthatsme
Random Punk
 
atgthatsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Oops sorry, thanks for clearing that up. I'm debating whether or not to get this even though I already have all of Tales Vol 1.
Remember there a new stoty in it too
__________________
Uhm... Anyone want a game of ninja tag?
atgthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #40
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I'm really glad tpb's of tmnt are starting to come out, but I wish Mirage was able to get places like borders to sell them. Makes it a lot more convenient. My local comic shops usually only have a few tpb's on their shelves at a time and I've yet to see a tmnt one.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.