![]() |
|
|
#41 | ||
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
|
Though I am not too keen on the Turtles having relationships with humans, I like how deep Leonardo's love for Radical was.
I wonder when exactly did Radical's death happen. It was clearly in the distant future, given what Raphael looked like. But was it only 7 years before the actual tale took place? "Relatively young" is vague- he could have been in his 40s or 50s. I liked the back-up story. I do think it takes place somewhere between the early issues of Volume 2.
__________________
![]() Turtles fight with honor!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Still no #41 in my box. Time to go to war with my LCS.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Finally able to read this book.
It was an interesting story. Somewhat metaphysical. I actually liked Leo and Radical's relationship. As Leo said it went beyond love. They stayed together for a year and then POOF...she's killed by a suddenly revived Carnage...I don't blame Leo going on a 7 year long sabatical. Altho I liked the relationship I really didn't "feel" anything when she died....it was like..."Oh cool... Leo's getting some....oh bummer....she's dead..." Liked the bit of continuity tho with Raph having the eye patch. The Casey/Shadow story was short and sweet (did ya see the poster of Usagi in one scene? *L*). The guys trying to entertain Shadow was really cute (Raph was dressed as Batman!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
|
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't care too much for this issue. The relationship between Leo and Radical seemed to come out of left field to me, and do we really need a page that implies that they did the nasty to make us believe that they love each other? I dunno, I thought it was unnecessary. Plus, the artwork really didn't impress me much. I thought the back-up story was the best part of the issue.
__________________
"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." -Dr. Zaius |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
|
My copy came in yesterday!!!
I was pleasently surprised as I read this issue. I think the story was done perfectly. Spoiler:
If you read past TMNT issues then you'd have a better pic of Radical's character. I like her alot and hope to see her in the cartoon! She can be a new memeber for the Justice Force!! (my imagination is going nuts right now!! Leonardo's character amazes me; for him to actually want to forgive Carnage...only by God's grace could I forgive a person who killed one of my loved ones. The parts where he states how they were so in love and how they connected in so many ways (GET Yo MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER).....its very sappy but sweet. Who knew Leo was the charming romantic type?! (Don't get me wrong please, I think the turtles are cute like bunnies are cute. ) Anyway I highly recommend you read this!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Very surprised here myself: I really liked the issue. At its heart it's a very spiritual journey for Leo that becomes a revenge story with a suitably ballsy finish. The issue doesn't make me a believer or proponent or in any way an advocate of Turtles sexing up humans (and especially to burst open those floodgates, particularly with where hordes of fangirls have taken it in the arena of fanfiction... this was one rule I was really hoping Laird would hold to all the way to the grave), but the way it's presented here really doesn't bother me. We're shown that Leo and Radical develop a relationship, we're shown more or less the why of it, and then it becomes a revenge story from that point.
Fairly epic in its scope, and the art by Steph Dumais is a fine example of a sort of minimalist art without toning done right in the B&W form. What it lacks in any kind of toning it makes up for in a heavy embroidery of thick strokes of black ink, covering each page in heavy atmosphere and conveying well the emotions of the somewhat brooding Leonardo we have here. Not bad at all. And a very moving tale by Will Tupper at the end, and killer art by Mr. Kudranski. Note: And just for giggles, I did some research to see if this "Steph Dumais" is a dude or lady. It's a dude.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
|
yeeesh....am i the only one who doesnt find turtles/humans disgusting? awh well...i like the comic...its actually my first tmnt comic
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Your bestiality is your business.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 | |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Quote:
dont worry your not. there's just alot of folks who think it's icky. I dont. they're bodies may be stuck in between turtle and human but their minds are human, they are sentient beings who are like any other person out there. as for anything physical...man they could be creative in that respect. never say impossible...if a guy wants it, he'll get it.. I KNEW this issue would bring up alot of discussion. As usual I never understand the big deal, so Leo loved Radical, they kissed, they got down to it, so what. Let them be happy. Maybe Pete's loosening the reins and letting them live; it's cruel not to. Let them have some happiness if they want to have a gal to love....wonder how many Raph's shagged....*looks for his scorecard*.....
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Devil's Advocate
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
|
While the Turtles are drawn to look like humanoids, I don't think anyone would really want to have sex with a mutant turtle if he was real. I don't think it's immoral/bestiality because the Turtles are sentient, but I do think it's stupid to give the Turtles sexual opportunities with humans, because most people would not see the Turtles that way. That said, I thought it was handled well in this issue.
__________________
![]() Thanks evan2000 for the sig! |
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 | |
|
Dierna Soul, Reporter
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
|
Quote:
Leo's gals have been: Lotus Blossom, Karai (er sorta), Radical, that human woman he was married to and had a daughter with in Tales of Leo (they slept together, they probably did it since she was clearly nude under the covers...) Mike loves him some aliens: Kala, Seri (will we ever find out if those are his kids??) Don will forever love April from Affar... Splinter: Well... the Cat Queen/Goddess seems to like him alot....
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 | ||||||||||
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
Except in fanfiction, of course. Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True. Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
|
||||||||||
|
|
|
|
|
#57 | |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Quote:
Nope, can't. I'm married. I'm actually glad they don't exist, cos then he'd hafta deal with nuts like NWG and ROG.... As for Don...it is officially said that he has a crush on April in the 2k3 series. From afar he sees her in a different way. In the comics, I see her as a sort of mother surrogate-which is clear to me in the story when he's trying to talk to the guys about their mom, and he's ignored, it upsets him greatly until he's alone and crying; April finds him and she listened to every word, comforts him ,etc--he then realizes who his mother is, she has taken the place. So thats where I got that.
__________________
Last edited by Buslady; 01-26-2008 at 06:08 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#58 | |
|
Will not be censored
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
|
I don't know which is creepier-- Raphael seeing April as a "mother" figure after he clearly had a thing for her in the first movie (which, multi-colored bandannas and Pizza aside, was VERY Mirage) or Casey trying to convince Raph in Tales #42 that one Olsen Twin is hotter than the other.
__________________
Quote:
TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER on eBay International shipping assistance: [email protected] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
So I finally got this issue and while I don't care for the art the splash page of leo vs. complete carnage was cool...once again another issue that would have looked much better in color.
Also the issue about leo and radical I really don't see what the big stink is all they showed them doing is kissing. Now if they showed what was going on in the tent I'd have been turned off by the issues but I wasn't I quite enjoyed leo's trips around the world. And it was cool the know he moved to Cali. |
|
|
|
|
|
#60 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|