The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #141
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Got both of these in the mail today:

From both Mr. Laird and Panel to Panel:


From Mr. Laird closeup:

soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #142
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
That's cool, he kind of changes up the drawing from issue to issue.

It's really criminal Peter isn't doing more TMNT art. I don't know much of anyone that's not a fan of that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #143
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Can anyone scan or type the intro Peter gives? Wowio doesn't include it...and I left my book at home and won't be able to read it for a while.

Also, Andrew, did you get a signed copy?

And Roseangelo, how is the gallery coming?
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #144
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Gallery - We're up to 6 of 225.

Hopefully when I check the mail in a bit I'll find mine there.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #145
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Nice slideshow. I'd like to see what number the full Leo body artwork is. The time and date are 4/11/08 at 8:44am.

Can anyone help me out with Peter's intro for #29 (scan/pic or type)?
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #146
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Can anyone help me out with Peter's intro for #29 (scan/pic or type)?
Here you go.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #147
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Thank you very much.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #148
jerome
Foot Soldier
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
How does mirage ship these books? I've been lucky and my local comic shop has always carried Tales and vol. 4 so i've never had to actually order from mirage before. I'm worried because i live in an apartment and i'm afraid the mailman will bend my comic so it will fit in my postbox. yikes! I ordered mine last sunday...hope i get a sketch!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #149
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
How does mirage ship these books? I've been lucky and my local comic shop has always carried Tales and vol. 4 so i've never had to actually order from mirage before. I'm worried because i live in an apartment and i'm afraid the mailman will bend my comic so it will fit in my postbox. yikes! I ordered mine last sunday...hope i get a sketch!
In a nice thick envolope thats rather hard to bend.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Also, Andrew, did you get a signed copy?
I paid early last Sunday, no comic yet, though a Paypal tracking information thing popped up in Paypal just today. The comic left Springfield, MA yesterday, looks like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #151
CudleyCowlick
Stone Warrior
 
CudleyCowlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
How does mirage ship these books? I've been lucky and my local comic shop has always carried Tales and vol. 4 so i've never had to actually order from mirage before. I'm worried because i live in an apartment and i'm afraid the mailman will bend my comic so it will fit in my postbox. yikes! I ordered mine last sunday...hope i get a sketch!
It is a thick envelope, but it would be nice if they had given it some padding, or at least put it inside a polybag, they just drop it in there. My mailman crammed mine into my mailbox, but it just barely fit (at an angle) so he didn't do any serious damage. Although the issue looks decent, I think it would be lucky to grade a true NM. I'll be curious to see if any of these get CGC graded and score above a 9.4
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
CudleyCowlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #152
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Just got back from the Con today, and sitting on my frontstep was a signed copy! I was actually kinda kicking myself, as had I known he was going to be selling the books (and signing and sketching them) I would have just bought it there rather than risk not getting a signed one (and save the $2 shipping). But in the end it turned out perfect...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #153
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Just got back from the Con today, and sitting on my frontstep was a signed copy! I was actually kinda kicking myself, as had I known he was going to be selling the books (and signing and sketching them) I would have just bought it there rather than risk not getting a signed one (and save the $2 shipping). But in the end it turned out perfect...
Which sketch did you receive?

Was Mr. Laird doing full head sketches at NYCC for those who bought the comic there?
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #154
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Which sketch did you receive?

Was Mr. Laird doing full head sketches at NYCC for those who bought the comic there?
Mines looks like Buslady's above...it was signed on 4/11/08 at 1:08 PM...

And yep, he was doing the exact same sketchs at the con for free (if you wanted a a larger, painted skecth(by Lavigne) you had to pay for that separetly
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #155
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
So just for collector's sake, I wonder how many of these are signed w/sketch? 400? maybe about half the print run? cool..hopefully this kind of thing continues.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #156
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
The final number was 225 not including NYCC. If you ordered by Monday 4/14 at 10am you were in the first 225.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #157
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Well, I'm not sure if he sold that many at the Con but I guess its possible. And like you, I relaly hope he keeps this up...

And as an aside, Pete was very cool that day I met him. Very nice and humble. And friendly. Not at all what I was expecting to be honest, but I'm very happy to see otherwise. And not just with me, but with everyone it seemd.

I mean, as much as it PAINED him (and trust me the look on his face was priceless) he actually did sign Archon's arm which I thought was very nice of him as you could definately tell that he would much rather NOT...

Go check out the pics I took of the whole process over in General section in his thread...so much fun
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #158
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Ok, here's mine:

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #159
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Cool, Rose! Looks like Leo... I'm guessing I'll receive mine tomorrow.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #160
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ok, here's mine:

I was expecting him to draw you something more in the way of a big hand, with the middle finger extended.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.