The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #61
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I've only seen bits and pieces after the second season of the show
Ah, well I really didn't have many issues with Mike for the first few seasons. But once they finished all of the comic adaptations they could do, he seemed to slowly degrade. And then there was Fast Forward... I think what I fear most is BttS pulling Mike's character from FF. And I think the problems for ALL of the characters in FF stems from writers not being familiar enough with the TMNT, thus being forced to write each character very generically. 4kids suddenly bringing in all these non-TMNT writers was the truly stupid move.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #62
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Mike needs to act like "Sock" from Reaper, but with less jazz. I'm down with a more caring Mike too. As opposed to some of the silliness. I think the NT was on the right track but amped him up in later seasons. If they can tone him back down a bit I'll be content.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #63
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ah, well I really didn't have many issues with Mike for the first few seasons. But once they finished all of the comic adaptations they could do, he seemed to slowly degrade. And then there was Fast Forward... I think what I fear most is BttS pulling Mike's character from FF. And I think the problems for ALL of the characters in FF stems from writers not being familiar enough with the TMNT, thus being forced to write each character very generically. 4kids suddenly bringing in all these non-TMNT writers was the truly stupid move.
another Mikey debate. I sort of agree about the comic adaption versions of Mikey vs. the orginal stuff. In Notes from the Underground Mikey was painful to watch until the very few scenes where he mans up and saves every one, but through out he was just a cowardly lion character. I think from the very beginning the writers had what Mikey was going to be like, and now they've just exgerated it.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #64
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
I'm confused on something, why is it that it seems it's mostly the Mikey fans that seem to be the most critical of him? He's always been immature and childish but he's been like that since day one. I don't think Mikey is that much diffrent than how he's always been portrayed through out the series. And I don't think he's that bad, you people make him sound like he's a blithering idiot all the time.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #65
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Because we know Mikey the best and know how he should be portrayed. I think the FF portrayal is a bad version of Mikey. I think Mike should be the goofball and comic nut, BUT there is a limit and a point where he gets annoying.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #66
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
honestly I just wish the writers would concentrate more on his good qualities rather than his flaws and exploiting them for a cheap laugh.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #67
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Because we know Mikey the best and know how he should be portrayed. I think the FF portrayal is a bad version of Mikey. I think Mike should be the goofball and comic nut, BUT there is a limit and a point where he gets annoying.
The FF portayal of EVERY character was a bad one. Leo, maybe stayed the same, but everyone else (once again) was exaggerations of their most basic personalities.

Hell, Splinter pretty much turned into a grandmother half the time, watchin' his stories. Shame to see a once in a while joke turned into the only thing that the character did.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
The FF portayal of EVERY character was a bad one. Leo, maybe stayed the same, but everyone else (once again) was exaggerations of their most basic personalities.
Donatello wasn't any different either. Raph was just a tad more grouchy and Mike more immature, that was about it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #69
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Donatello wasn't any different either. Raph was just a tad more grouchy and Mike more immature, that was about it.
Well, Donny's Geek-a-tude was amped up, While Raph's attitude was turned from angst ridden teen of the group to :



The depth of the characters was lost, perhaps with the new writers.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #70
Lil G
Stone Warrior
 
Lil G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In west philadelphia born and raised...
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The other one was less than stupid: Ultimate TMNT


DEE DEE DER to playmates! why would you guys even think of bringing the ot splinter back to the sewers (lol)? i mean, it would just flip the whole series around upside down. everything else seemed good excapt the tie in with the movie part. i mean, they would just want to change the whole series like that. so messed up. but i think that the best pitch they made was the tmnt babysitting themselves. it wouldve been kool for mikey to see how annying he is, lol. playmates toys is really dumb for taking that pitch away and proposing this ultimate tmnt pitch. they aren't thinkin right lately.wierd though, i was thinking about something like that overload pitch before the news came out and spread on the internet.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #71
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Well, Donny's Geek-a-tude was amped up, While Raph's attitude was turned from angst ridden teen of the group to :

why not they are both green and both live/lived in substandard conditions.

Quote:
Because we know Mikey the best and know how he should be portrayed. I think the FF portrayal is a bad version of Mikey. I think Mike should be the goofball and comic nut, BUT there is a limit and a point where he gets annoying.
yeah I understand but you guys make it seem like he doesn't have any redeeming qualites.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #72
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
yeah I understand but you guys make it seem like he doesn't have any redeeming qualites.
when you've read the books and then seen the show/movies, you'll understand
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #73
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Well, Donny's Geek-a-tude was amped up, While Raph's attitude was turned from angst ridden teen of the group to :



The depth of the characters was lost, perhaps with the new writers.
Bravo, sir. Bravo.

So, is "Back to the Sewers" going to be a good show? I'm trying not to get excited to avoid another "Fast Forward" moment, but I can't help it; I've got high hopes. It's extremely exciting just to see new takes on old faces, and the possibility of new characters and new stories. After all, the most important things about a cartoon are it's designs, animation, and story. We've got great designs right now, so all we need to see are the designs in action, and then finally the show itself for it's story and storytelling abilities. Hard not to start getting excited, to be honest.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #75
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
^The links have been broken to the pics you were trying to show us, but were they the ones showing Leo and Don?

Wonder if we can get us some actual animation of the new Turtles? See how they move and stuff. You know what I mean? Because it's going to be a long summer waiting for the debut of Back to the Sewers.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:30 AM   #76
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Yeah the images he linked are the same ones that are in the blog thread.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #77
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Yeah. You can see them in the 4Kids official TMNT blog anyways. Still looking forward to those new pictures of Raph...the only thing that's keeping me going this week, sadly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Wonder if we can get us some actual animation of the new Turtles? See how they move and stuff. You know what I mean? Because it's going to be a long summer waiting for the debut of Back to the Sewers.
As long as it's nothing like this, I'll be happy.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #78
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
As long as it's nothing like this, I'll be happy.
hahahahahahha that's a poor choice to compare tmnt to lmao speed racer has always been like that lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #79
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
Not really a poor choice, to be honest. In fact, I think I picked well. That thing you just saw was a series made in America, not in Japan. Sure it was Speed Racer, but it wasn't the original series. That series was only put to air this year, and is a perfect example of how bad animation can make anything terrible to watch.

We currently have the technology and skill to make smooth animation, yet we can still get things like that floating up. I still stand by what I said; if Back to the Sewers ends up looking like...like THAT, well...I think I'll probably retire from watching TMNT for a few years, to say the least.

That being said, I feel confident. Even when I didn't like Fast Forward, the animation was fairly fluid. Not up to par with the old 2k3 series, but it was still decent. I don't think that we'll see the animation get downgraded to armature animation level.
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #80
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
You guys summed up how I feel about FF.

I like season 6 and all, and it was a very fun season, but it lacked the depth seasons 1-5 had. Characters felt more fleshed out in seasons 1-5, and the episodes felt longer and felt like they had depth too.

While FF was a good season, I hope BttS goes back to season 1-5 standards, with cheaper animation of course (I loved the animation of seasons 1-5, especially fight scenes that seemed to have more FPS.)

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.