The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #21
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
It's 2.5 D because it's 3D on a 2D plane. Definitely sounds really cool, especially if they can throw whatever they want in there, in terms of characters. I'd love it if they had alternate costumes. Giving all the characters Mirage-style skins would be amazing.
I concur. I'm salivating just thinking about who's all going to be in it, what everything's going to look like, how exactly it will play....
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #22
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I guess I'll have to buy a Wii...darn it...

Is it going to be on any other system?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #23
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Where does it say it's exclusive to Wii?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #24
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Well but what i mean is if it'd be like Smash bros or what I consider 2.5d fighting games like DoA. In fact I dont' consider smash much of a fighting game.

While a smash like game might be funner I'm not sure it'd fit the turtles unless it was a very wacky game. And before someone responds saying you can't have a 2d like fighting game like street fighter with four players thats not true, its been attempted in the past like Guilty Gear DS and it didn't come out so bad.


Was Mutant Melee as bad as reviews mention? To me it seemed like a watered down Power Stone game which are very fun.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,784
Hopefully this game isn't as bad as "Mutant Melee" which came out on the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox last generation. Check ninjaturtles.com or IGN/Gamespot if you're unfamiliar with the game.

I hope this one turns out good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #26
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Just Wii, thus far, which is slightly disconcerting. Most Wii only 3rd party software is shovelware of the worst magnitude, especially when it's a franchise game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
Well but what i mean is if it'd be like Smash bros or what I consider 2.5d fighting games like DoA. In fact I dont' consider smash much of a fighting game.

While a smash like game might be funner I'm not sure it'd fit the turtles unless it was a very wacky game. And before someone responds saying you can't have a 2d like fighting game like street fighter with four players thats not true, its been attempted in the past like Guilty Gear DS and it didn't come out so bad.
DoA is a 3D fighter, you can move in all directions, it's not on a single plane.

And just because it's developed by former Smash devs doesn't mean it'll be Smash Bros-esque in any way.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #27
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
The only source at this point is Nintendo Power, so of course they're not going to mention it being on non-Nintendo platforms.

Murphy said forever ago that this game was going to be on all platforms, so I expect that it will be. There's no logic in it being Wii-only anyways.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #28
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hopefully this game isn't as bad as "Mutant Melee" which came out on the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox last generation. Check ninjaturtles.com or IGN/Gamespot if you're unfamiliar with the game.

I hope this one turns out good.
Man, I obviously don't know from good games, because I had the PC version and loved it, despite the difficulty.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #29
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The only source at this point is Nintendo Power, so of course they're not going to mention it being on non-Nintendo platforms.

Murphy said forever ago that this game was going to be on all platforms, so I expect that it will be. There's no logic in it being Wii-only anyways.
Nintendo Power isn't run by Nintendo, it's licensed to a third party. They mention multi-platform releases all the time. Now, I haven't seen the article in question, but if it's not stated specifically that it's Wii exclusive, then it probably isn't.

There's a ton of logic to it, actually. Wii development is cheap and easy. Developing something for the 360 or PS3 takes significantly more money and time. A lot of "well worn" franchise games come out exclusively to Wii for a reason.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #30
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
Not to mention Wii's insane userbase. Isn't that how it works? What ever system has the larger install base gets the random single platform games?

I heard the news of this game and had to come back to post about it.

I haven't been excited for something TMNT since they launched the new Tales comics.

Hopefully with this development team it'll turn out to be more then just playable.

And Peanut... Holy cow, 10,000 posts?
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #31
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
7 years is a long time, my friend. I just broke it sometime last week. And it's good to see a VG section veteran back.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:22 AM   #32
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Wink 666

-->> ..you guys make this cranky, sad ol grizzled snapper so happy..
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 AM   #33
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
More details (from GoNintendo)


“While this is a licensed game, it’s not tied to any movie or TV show…for this game to succeed on its own it needs to be a great game.” - Ubisoft producer

http://gonintendo.com/?p=65881
So I am hoping that they arent going to use 2007 movie-esque models for the turtles. If they do, I will buy a copy and set it on fire in the ubisoft parking lot.
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #34
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by A little *too* Raph View Post
So I am hoping that they arent going to use 2007 movie-esque models for the turtles. If they do, I will buy a copy and set it on fire in the ubisoft parking lot.
Or... you could just play it regardless. What if the game ends up being the most rockin' thing you've ever played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Man, I obviously don't know from good games, because I had the PC version and loved it, despite the difficulty.
Damn skippy. I've got it on both Gamecube AND PC.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #35
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Or... you could just play it regardless. What if the game ends up being the most rockin' thing you've ever played?
I never said the copy I burn would be the ONLY copy I buy

And honestly I really am hoping that it will be a great game. If the game is good enough I can overlook the character models
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #36
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I honestly hope it has characters from all over the tmnt universe and is a fighting game not some party game like smash bros.
I'm willing to buy a video game system and this game if they finally bring out a tmnt game worth buying again.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #37
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 248
Good news indeed
To bad we have to wait 9-10 months for it because the wait is going to kill me.
I was about to sell my Wii because it was collecting dust but this just changed my mind.
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #38
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I'm pretty sure it's going to be more like Smash Bros. (which is a fighting game, for Chrissake), than a more traditional 2.5 fighter like Street Fighter IV. After all, have you tried playing something more traditional with four players simultaneously? It would end up like Guilty Gear Isuka... >.<
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #39
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!
 
Dr. Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Castle Doom
Posts: 4,535
Hopefully it won't be Wii exclusive. Being on other consoles would make it much more likely to not be terrible. And I am going into this under the assumption that it will be terrible, so prove me wrong Ubisoft, please.
__________________
Dr. Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #40
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
I'm pretty sure it's going to be more like Smash Bros. (which is a fighting game, for Chrissake), than a more traditional 2.5 fighter like Street Fighter IV. After all, have you tried playing something more traditional with four players simultaneously? It would end up like Guilty Gear Isuka... >.<
I've only played the first smash bro's. and it was more like collecting points and hopping around on blocks than your typical fighting game to me, it didn't do anything for me. *shruggs*
It may end up being cool but I'd much rather have some all out battle like tournament fighters made with tuns of characters.
I really don't play video games anymore as I don't have the time for them as most of them are very time consuming.
But if this is cool I'll have put some time aside from it.
Pics and what not will make up my mind for me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.