The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #41
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!
 
Dr. Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Castle Doom
Posts: 4,535
Chances are that this will far more likely resemble a Smash Bros/Powerstone type of fighter than it will any sort of traditional 2D or 3D fighting game.
__________________
Dr. Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #42
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
Chances are that this will far more likely resemble a Smash Bros/Powerstone type of fighter than it will any sort of traditional 2D or 3D fighting game.
Aye, as I said before, it would be hard to do a traditional fighter with four simultaneous players.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #43
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Post ninja gaiden

-->> .. two words gave me faith in this what i read there..


::

__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
First thing about this game that I'd like confirmed is the title. Second are characters. While I'm 100% certain Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael will be in it, and Shredder is almost a given (he hasn't been in every game - compare the Genesis Tournament Fighters and the GBA TMNT for example), everyone else is up in the air. Will it have Bebop and Rocksteady? Hun? Baxter Stockman? Karai? Generic Foot Soldiers? Dragon Lord? Savanti Romero? Slash? Radical? Splinter? Silver Sentry? Nobody? Multiflex? Slashuur? Some all-new, original characters? The possibilities are almost endless!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #45
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!
 
ThirdMarioBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,905
The fact that the TV show just got canceled and there are no movies planned/announced/waiting in the immediate future makes me excited about this project. They've got the talent to produce something outstanding, but they also have the freedom to take it in any stylistic direction they please because there is nothing to cross-promote at the moment. Consider me jazzed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
Chances are that this will far more likely resemble a Smash Bros/Powerstone type of fighter than it will any sort of traditional 2D or 3D fighting game.
That is exactly what I'm hoping for.
__________________
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #46
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by tOkKa View Post
-->> .. two words gave me faith in this what i read there..


::

I got 2 words that doesn't give me faith in this project.

Ubi Soft
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #47
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
I got 2 words that doesn't give me faith in this project.

Ubi Soft
Question: Why?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #48
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Ubisoft is a fantastic publisher. And either way, it has nothing to do with who's publishing, but who's developing, and all signs point to a pretty great team being assembled to work on this game.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #49
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715


Does that answer your question? Ubi Soft is the biggest supporter of shovelware, even more than EA.

Quote:
Ubisoft is a fantastic publisher. And either way, it has nothing to do with who's publishing, but who's developing, and all signs point to a pretty great team being assembled to work on this game.
What are the odds of this team being the ones who came up with all the ideas? I know publishing usually happens with a team showing the publisher their game and concept in hopes of getting funding for their game, but with TMNT, UbiSoft is the one who owns the license right now. You think some Japanese team will suddenly get together and say: "Hey, let's make a game based on a popular American franchise like TMNT!"

It's probably UbiSoft coming up with some garbage like Turtlez Fecez and shopped around for a team to make the game.

I'd love to be wrong, because I want a good TMNT game as much as the next guy. I'm just not a optimistic as you guys.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #50
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Does that answer your question? Ubi Soft is the biggest supporter of shovelware, even more than EA.


I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesomeness.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #51
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
They publish that sh*t so they can release fantastic next-gen games like Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia. I'm all for filling the Wii with trash in order to make excellent games for the platforms that matter. That being said, even if a team is placed on a specific project, if they're a good team, they'll get the job done.

I'm not saying I'm enthusiastic at all. This is a third-party Wii fighting game based on a dead franchise. The news of some talented developers working on it is good, but not enough to overwhelm my sense of dread.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #52
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
I'm not going crazy over this right now, but if they take the tone from Genesis' Tournament Fighters, I'll be pretty damn happy. Some load of blood n' guts would be nice for a Teen or Mature rating. If its only on Wii, well that just sucks for me 'cause I'm a 360 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post



I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesomeness.
Yeah this game is such a disappointment for me. More like the Prince of Pittsburgh to me.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo

Last edited by thebrownranger; 12-11-2008 at 03:31 PM.
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #53
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
For every good game, there's about 10-20 bad ones from UbiSoft.



Quote:
They publish that sh*t so they can release fantastic next-gen games like Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia.
What? This is why we get so much trash this generation.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #54
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
For every good game, there's about 10-20 bad ones from UbiSoft.
You can say that about any company.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #55
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Your argument is a game that hasn't even come out yet, and actually isn't supposed to be terrible in any way?

Either way, you're missing the entire point. This is being developed by a group of developers Ubisoft actively went seeking for and obtained. These are developers from the biggest ninja-based action game, and the biggest party fighting game of all-time. These aren't d-class devs, working on shovelware.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #56
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
You can say that about any company.
Name 20 bad games from Valve.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #57
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Valve is a small developer/publisher who releases one or two games a year. Your ignorance is beginning to shine through. Typical uninformed masses.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #58
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
Name 20 bad games from Valve.
Good God, where's your off switch? I don't even think Valve has made 20 games.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #59
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
It can really go both ways be a great game or be a horrible game. To me as long as it has a cool theme for lack of a better word and decent gameplay, I will love it.

I'm just being positive since it does have the chance for it to be a good game but of course it could be terrible but I'm not going to focus on that. I mean I'm sure most of us here aren't expecting the next smash bros or street fighter but as long as its fun and has the license we like, makes up for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Aye, as I said before, it would be hard to do a traditional fighter with four simultaneous players.
It can be and has been done before though. I agree I wouldn't want it to be that way though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Just Wii, thus far, which is slightly disconcerting. Most Wii only 3rd party software is shovelware of the worst magnitude, especially when it's a franchise game.
Thats a generalization though license games are usually not that great its always been that way since the NES days.

Quote:
DoA is a 3D fighter, you can move in all directions, it's not on a single plane.
And just because it's developed by former Smash devs doesn't mean it'll be Smash Bros-esque in any way.
bad example, though the mroe I think about it its definitely going to be a smash clone. Its not necessarily a bad thing I just don't think it fits the TMNT universe but could be wrong. a 4 player 2d fighter is very unlikely.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Murphy said forever ago that this game was going to be on all platforms, so I expect that it will be. There's no logic in it being Wii-only anyways.
There is plenty of logic for it being Wii-only like sales of the wii, how much more it costs to make a next-gen title etc.

Not to mention it being Wii only means its less likely to be a crappy game they want to port into as many consoles as possible. Other license exclusively on the Wii include SW Clone Wars and Speed Racer.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #60
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Thats a generalization though license games are usually not that great its always been that way since the NES days.
It's the truth. Even with mediocre third-party licensed games like Spider-Man 3, the Wii version is always a complete disaster.

Quote:
Not to mention it being Wii only means its less likely to be a crappy game they want to port into as many consoles as possible. Other license exclusively on the Wii include SW Clone Wars and Speed Racer.
This...this doesn't make any sense. It flies in the face of what is undeniable fact. You even gave two perfect examples.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.