The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #101
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Am I the only one sick and tired of those lizard @ss lookin' movie tmnt?

no. at least the pupils are gone.
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #102
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by A little *too* Raph View Post
no. at least the pupils are gone.
Guess thats a small good thing, and oh thanks for sharing Goongasnootch.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #103
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Am I the only one sick and tired of those lizard @ss lookin' movie tmnt?
I don't have any problem with the movie designed TMNT. It's just seeing their sculpts being used a godzillion times in the figures that makes me ill.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #104
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
I don't have any problem with the movie designed TMNT. It's just seeing their sculpts being used a godzillion times in the figures that makes me ill.
Perhaps that's why I dislike them so much.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #105
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Am I the only one sick and tired of those lizard @ss lookin' movie tmnt?
I don't mind them. If I'd been buying their likeness in the form of dozens of recent toys, I suppose I might, but since I stay away from the toyline they still seem fresh to me.

To me, the most exciting news about this game is the lack of a specific universe. No matter how good or bad the gameplay turns out, the idea that we could have something like Complete Carnage fighting movie Michelangelo is enough to geek out over.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #106
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I know I have to be cautious, but I am really excited over this game. The reason: "TMNT Tournament Fighters"
I fell in love with this game when I was younger, so I gotta be excited when I hear about any new tmnt fighting game, and the few details we have gotten so far are actually pretty positive in my eyes. If these are some of the core developers of games like Ninja Gaiden( one of my favorite series of all time ), and Smash Bro's, can't we afford to trust, at least a little bit, that they will put out the best tmnt game in a while? I hope so...
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #107
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I wonder if it'll let you choose between a colored mask or red ones like the comics (obviously barring Raph, of course)?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #108
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
(obviously barring Raph, of course)?
Not obviously. The Mirage comics depicted their masks as near maroon often enough that if they are all just Raphael with a different weapon, it will look like we're getting short-changed yet again. That wouldn't be cool.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #109
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Hey all, I see that I've been getting a lot of traffic from the site... So I decided I'd do you guys a solid.

I have a bunch of new pictures over at http://infinitehollywood.blogspot.com/

I'd appreciate it if when you stopped by, you commented on the blog! Adding me to your list of reading would be appreciated too!

I posted some news from the magazine in there as well.

Some other notes, All four TMNT, Splinter and Shredder are confirmed to be in the game.

As of now it's Wii exclusive. Which means it's being developed for the Wii. No need to worry about it being poorly made.

Interactive levels include one where in ancient Japan if you knock over some lamps the entire level catches fire.

Check out more at my website:
http://infinitehollywood.blogspot.com/
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #110
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
It's movie style but we knew that already. They said it would be when they mentioned doing a game in the movie style after the first one came out.

Looks promising as long as it's not crap like Mutant Melee.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #111
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Freakin' HOT! Thank you!

(Drools at character art on the left)
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #112
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Not obviously. The Mirage comics depicted their masks as near maroon often enough that if they are all just Raphael with a different weapon, it will look like we're getting short-changed yet again. That wouldn't be cool.
Having the option. The option, gobo. I'm not saying, "Hey, put them all in red and give us no way of telling them apart beyond their weapons." I'm saying, "It would be cool if I could pick Leo or something and one of his alternate colors would be him with a red mask. Same goes for any other Turtle other than Raph, who always wore red."

Also, thanks, Newton Gimmick!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #113
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
As of now it's Wii exclusive. Which means it's being developed for the Wii. No need to worry about it being poorly made.
lawl

But seriously, I'm pissed at the character designs already.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #114
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
I'm not naive enough to assume that the red-masked Turtles to the left of the article are indicative of their inclusion in the game, but damn, I really hope they are.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #115
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
lawl

But seriously, I'm pissed at the character designs already.
you and me both bucko, this game doesn't look fresh or exciting at all.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #116
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
Having the option. The option, gobo.
I think you missed my point, but it wasn't a very important point to make in the first place.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #117
Quiet_Guy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 166
Is this issue out now?
Quiet_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #118
trustno1
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
you and me both bucko, this game doesn't look fresh or exciting at all.
it does say the version they are showing is far from complete. i wold say that these screens are all they got to play. i remember seeing screen shots for castlevania on the nintendo 64 a year before it came out and they looked nothing like the final game. if it still looks like this in a years time then i think it will be fair to say it is not fresh or exciting looking
trustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #119
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
We've known from the beginning that the characters would have been more or less based on their 2007 film counterparts. Nobody should be surprised or really all that disappointed.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #120
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
There's nothing to lawl about. No idea if the game will be good or not, but it's being designed with the Wii in mind. It's being designed under the Smash Brothers Brawl formula and team. A lot of the same concepts as well. Smash Brothers was one of the best fighting games of all time and certainly of recent memory.

So I'm not sure how you can knock it.

The designs I can understand that maybe you don't like. But the graphics look quite impressive, as do the stage designs. Clearly some time has been put into this game. Which makes it much more likely to be a decent game.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.