The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #1381
kool75uk1
Hench Mutant
 
kool75uk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK.
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...torefresh=trueThe keen eye will find that it is not exactly what the auction says it is...Almost had this. I threw in my bid at 30 seconds, and gave the other guy time for two more bids, I should have waited :-/. Oh well. He can have it for $270.00.
I pm`ed murph about this comic because it looks like the NYCC printing and he told me :NO this is NOT the NYCC printing
kool75uk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #1382
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/m...me01/03/03.htm

second one down.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #1383
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool75uk1 View Post
I pm`ed murph about this comic because it looks like the NYCC printing and he told me :NO this is NOT the NYCC printing
Well he is wrong. Unless he put pictures up of a different book than what he is selling. Which I suppose is possible. But those pictures are definitely 100% the error cover.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #1384
kool75uk1
Hench Mutant
 
kool75uk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK.
Posts: 265
It should be signed by eastman and laird on the inside cover if it was the NYCC i think?.
kool75uk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #1385
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool75uk1 View Post
It should be signed by eastman and laird on the inside cover if it was the NYCC i think?.
not all of those books went out at that con, so there is a good chance it isn't. Besides...this one obviously never left Mirage.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #1386
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Thats ODD. That pic is definately the NYCC version. Now wether that is the auction book Murph is selling, I just don't know. You'd think he'd know though.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #1387
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
K, Just spoke to Murph.

I said:

Quote:
Incase you are confused about the sale price of your #3. That is actually the misprint with a single color of blue (as opposed to the standard dark blue with light blue colors). Which is why it sold for that Sadly, I was winning till the last 2 seconds. I maxed out at $265. Oh well, such is life!
Murphy said:

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up! I was just sitting here more than alittle perplexed! It's remarkable what little I know about TMNT collectables.

Best,
Murph
So there you have it. He simply was not aware.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1388
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Mystery solved...

New mystery: how do you have Murph on speed dial?
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #1389
kool75uk1
Hench Mutant
 
kool75uk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK.
Posts: 265
i just got this from murph : Geez, I guess it was the New York one after all. I honestly had no idea until someone just emailed me and pointed it out. Please accept my apology.
kool75uk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #1390
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
K, Just spoke to Murph.

I said:



Murphy said:



So there you have it. He simply was not aware.
That was my second guess..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #1391
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Original-Co...item3a555d6cf1

Can anyone confirm this?...
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1392
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Mystery solved...

New mystery: how do you have Murph on speed dial?
We are totally BFFs
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #1393
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggleKng View Post
My gut wants to call ******** on that. Those really don't look like Kevin's Turtles at all. (EDIT: ok, the mouths are kinda Keviny) Maybe the costumes were designed by him, but I'd wager he didn't draw those. The only one who could tell you for sure (especially without there being a signature) is Kevin, and as difficult as he is to get ahold of atm, I doubt youd get a response in time.

Beisdes...those kinda look like crap.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #1394
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
We are totally BFFs
LOL

don't you mean "like totally"?
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #1395
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Don't look legit to me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Aw see now you've gone and gotten me interested in them *pout*
Hey, Steph, did you pick up those plushies?
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #1396
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Don't look legit to me either.



Hey, Steph, did you pick up those plushies?
Yessir I did. Submitted an offer of approximately $100 USD, and it was accepted within 5 minutes. Which reminds me, I need to pay for that auction now that I'm home!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #1397
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Cool. I had just noticed that the auction ended and figured you picked them up. Congrats!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #1398
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Cool. I had just noticed that the auction ended and figured you picked them up. Congrats!
Yeah, after Rose said they were the Playmates pattern, I checked with Adam Key and confirmed they were manufactured by Playmates (and not some weird licensing deal or bootleg)...at which point I really didn't have a choice now did I?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #1399
Toonami Tom
Banned
 
Toonami Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 4,939
Oh my gosh! Who would pay that much for an out of the package Agent Bishop action figure?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...item359dbe02ee
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #1400
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Those folks charge outrageous prices for most of their figs.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.