![]() |
|
|
#781 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
I'm still goin with 'Krang pushed him too far that time'. Hey, people snap. bout time Shred-Head bitchslapped Krang.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#782 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
|
I guess thats the explanation we can take, but thats one of many exaggerations Turtles Forever had of the characterization of OT characters
|
|
|
|
|
|
#783 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
I think the OT turtles exaggeration sums up the old show very well.
and it was about time Shredder slapping Krang around, Shredder is the main villian. The Ninja master the Turtles have to defeat, Shredder is just using Krang for his technology |
|
|
|
|
|
#784 |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Not before 4Kids fully hands over the reigns in September for sure...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#785 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
exactly right. but one has to wonder who was using who more so?
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#786 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
|
Looking back, Turtles Forever really was more about the 2k3 Turtles with the old Toon Turtles universe guest staring anyway. Still a good movie, though.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#787 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
|
Quote:
Not really. It presents them as some dumb kids and cowards fighting pizzas and incompetent Shredder. It was nothing like that. The Turtles joked around but they never run from a fight, they were never cowards and when things got dicy the jokes were gone. And Shredder kicked their asses easily, and also easily defeated Splinter to the point that Splinter was barely alive and taking it easy in the following episode. Krang had an enormous army and technology which was turned into a joke,. Everything was seriously downplayed big time. Not that I have a problem with it - I know it had to be done for more laughs and to present a clearer and bigger contrast |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#788 | ||
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
|
Shut the fu*k up. You can't be for real.
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#789 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
|
But heres the thing: why then pick the characters from latter seasons which were obviously not as liked and more goofy? Why not pick the real, proper Turtles and their villains from the first 3 seasons instead? The seasons that started the phenomenon and the seasons that started the series and got everyone hooked? The producers purposely picked their behavior from their worst and most goofiest eras instead of representing the characters everyone fell in love with
And btw, that was season 2 I was thinking of when talking about Shredder's power. They constantly spoke about it and Shredder wasnt afraid of them. And with or without the faceoff he was always a grave danger and an angry and intolerable villain, not a whining moron. And I was specifically thinking about "The Incredible Shrinking Turtles" when talking bout Turtles dropping the jokes in grave danger, and also showing Shredder's skills once more Last edited by Mutagen; 05-29-2010 at 01:22 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#790 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Klagenfurt
Posts: 371
|
All I can say is that the portrayal f the OT Turtles was very good.
I'm a big Fan of the OT and I had to laugh most of the time because they behave the way they mostly did. Also they even joked while they fought the bad guy, and btw. watch season one and count how many times one of the Turltes says Pizza, sees a Pizza or a related Word and eats a Pizza, you'll see that in Season 1 they ate the most of it About the incompetence of Shredder and Krang: Season 1 was the built up for the two Characters, they had to be very "powerful" but from season 2 to 7 they came up with a plot, the Turtles easily stopped them and The End. Even the relationship between Shredder and Krang was the right one in Turtles Forever: Krang always complained or made fun of Shredder and Shredder on the other Hand did the same about Krang. |
|
|
|
|
|
#791 | |||
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But again, thats just nitpicking. TF rocked |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#792 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
My only complaints were the Turtles laughing at their own jokes a little too much... too much noogies to the point where it seemed they did that in the old show (where they didn't), and the running/cowardly bit.
Shredder was basically spot on. I can see them using the joke about his command chair in the old toon. LOL Hell, kudos for using that nose device that Lotus used once. LOL
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#793 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
|
According to Best Buy and Sears, it will be released on 8/24/10.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Teenage+...tles&lp=1&cp=1 http://entertainment.sears.com/Movie...tles&st=Movies |
|
|
|
|
|
#794 | |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
|
Quote:
I love you, man. I love nickelodeon and they now get 3 free passes on any future eff-ups. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#795 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Well, now I got something to look forward to in the midst of this hiatus.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
#796 | |
|
Wacky Action
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
|
Quote:
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#797 | ||
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
|
I just did.
__________________
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#798 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Good news everyone!
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#799 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
|
Sounds good but what about Blue ray?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#800 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
|
Blu Ray is so overrated. I don't understand how much more clear people "need" the picture to get. Mark my words, within the next 5 years or so they will develop a new format like "Fantasta-disc" or something else that they will claim will make Blu Ray look like crap.
Jack |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series |
|
|