The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #61
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195


I wish lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Details on the release are very disappointing.

So a fullscreen presentation, even though it was animated in widescreen? The TV cut of the film rather than the full length version streamed on the 4Kids website? No bonus features?

The entire thing looks like a totally rushed hack job. The cover art is just cut and pasted stock art with no sign of the Fred Wolf Turtles or anything that even reflects the content of the film.

The blurb on the back shows an utter lack of interest or knowledge of the material, listing Casey as one of the "classic characters" the Turtles encounter.
I'd bet alot of that stuff is subject to change, this is our first news tidbit about it so I'm definitely expecting better box art.

As for the Casey thing, as far as TMNT lore is concerned he is a "classic character" and the Fred Wolf crew does "encounter" him.

And they have to make this the directors cut... maybe the DVD has both versions and the longer cut is considered a bonus feature so they don't count it as the total run time.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #62
Ioz
Foot Soldier
 
Ioz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 103
I'm 50/50 on this if it is only the tv cut. I hope they redo the cover.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #63
Shawn_1978
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
I highly suggest that you all email Paramount Home Entertainment and voice your discontentment regarding the improper aspect ratio and running time.

You can email Paramount Home Entertainment at [email protected]

Here's my email as an example:
Excellent email, John!

I'm sure if many other fans follow your example, then hopefully the higher ups can be convinced to make the change and give fans what they want.
Shawn_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #64
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK! *faints*

Yeah...so buying this. Even if it is full-screen, the TV version (hell, even if it's the 3 episode version), no extras, and the most horrid cover I've seen in a while - still so, so bought.

I think this may be one of those 'trick' release things. Where they'll release a better one shortly enough after, being widescreen and with extras, and the Director's Cut.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #65
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I think this may be one of those 'trick' release things. Where they'll release a better one shortly enough after, being widescreen and with extras, and the Director's Cut.
I've been thinking that all day. 'Course, that may just be wishful thinking. But, time will tell.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #66
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I've been thinking that all day. 'Course, that may just be wishful thinking. But, time will tell.
Yeah. Sad part is though, I'm more than willing to be played. I will buy this one and the better one later if it does indeed come out.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #67
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I think this may be one of those 'trick' release things. Where they'll release a better one shortly enough after, being widescreen and with extras, and the Director's Cut.
If that's how we're gonna get the Director's Cut, so be it. My cousins like TMNT, so I'd just give them the crap version.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #68
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
There is no "Director's Cut." There is only one cut, which got cut down for run time. There's a huge difference.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #69
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
There is no "Director's Cut." There is only one cut, which got cut down for run time. There's a huge difference.
Well put, Rose. Which would make it even more bizzare if Nick went with the TV cut. It would have to be extra work on their part to cut it down.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #70
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I hate sounding like a buzzkill but... I've seen listings like these turn out to be nothing but mistakes. This early in the game, I'd temper my expectations until we get some more solid confirmations.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...-Forever/13877

Well there's a reason there, for you not to buzzkill.

It is very real... Boxart and all.
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #71
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...-Forever/13877

Well there's a reason there, for you not to buzzkill.

It is very real... Boxart and all.
Hmm... I see your point.

__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #72
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
There is no "Director's Cut." There is only one cut, which got cut down for run time. There's a huge difference.
It's the director's original vision. Therefore, it's appropriate to call it a 'Director's Cut'. 4kidstv.com lists it as such. My DVD collection even includes two movies that have longer cuts that were released abroad first; Ridley Scott's Legend and Sam Raimi's Army Of Darkness. Now that they've been released in the US, they've been officially labeled Director's Cuts. So, it's not unprecedented. Trying to follow your chain of thought, what do you think that a director's cut is?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #73
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It's the director's original vision. Therefore, it's appropriate to call it a 'Director's Cut'. 4kidstv.com lists it as such. My DVD collection even includes two movies that have longer cuts that were released abroad first; Ridley Scott's Legend and Sam Raimi's Army Of Darkness. Now that they've been released in the US, they've been officially labeled Director's Cuts. So, it's not unprecedented. Trying to follow your chain of thought, what do you think that a director's cut is?
Your two examples are not at all the same as this. "Director's Cut" implies an actual different cut of a movie than originally released. "Turtles Forever" was edited for time to air on TV from it's originally released version, which was screened at Comic-Con and would have been screened at movie theaters had that deal worked out. Every single movie in the world that has aired on commercial TV has been cut similarly and the complete version is not considered a "Director's Cut." Giving the movie this label just ads an unnecessary complication to the matter, despite what it may be called on the 4Kids website.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #74
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
However 4kids has two versions. The original and the TV cut. Its entirely possible however lame it is that Nickelodeon is using the TV cut because they don't know any better. I really hope that is not the case. I can live with full screen but if we don't get the entire movie I'm gonna be pissed.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #75
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I thought some of the old Funimation DVD covers were lame (excluding the most recent ones), but this one takes the cake. People who never heard of Turtles Forever would never know what this is about. They would have to read the back to find out. Most potential customers would just pass this up if they saw it on the shelf. And all the lens flares...ugh. Why in the world would Don's bo have one? And why would an image have 5 lens flares? I don't think I could look at this on my dvd shelf without vomiting.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #76
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Marketing this DVD properly requires use of the 80s Turtles on the cover. That's a huge selling point to nostalgics.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #77
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I really won't care for buying til I know it is bluray.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #78
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
to me it doesn't matter. i will own this regardless
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #79
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_25 View Post
to me it doesn't matter. i will own this regardless
I wish I could be that way...

Don't get me wrong, the TV cut blew me away and knocked my socks off, but after seeing the full version I could never go back.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #80
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
well maybe there's still hope the full version will come out
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.