The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #941
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I can't make heads or tails of this post. What exactly are you getting at.
Sorry typo. I meant how do we GET Nick to release the TMNT uncut blu-ray movie.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #942
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Just watched again, still great but I picked up a few things.

I tried to imaging the OT voice actors saying all the lines said by the OT turtles, and Raph was spot on (of course), Leo was good, Don was inconsistent but Michaelangelo was pretty freaking bad. Mike was always a goofball, but he was unique about it. Ya know, with the spanish stuff, surfer lingo, and and he was never really fishing for laughs. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't imagine Townsend Coleman saying "We can't help it, we were BORN that way". Yuck.

And Krang's "burp" was always just a burp... where as in the OT he would randomly say a word with that brup noise instead of his regular voice.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #943
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Sorry typo. I meant how do we GET Nick to release the TMNT uncut blu-ray movie.
And all the seasons on dvd/bluray. I haven't seen complete TMNT 2k3 boxes anywhere ever. We did have seasons 1 and 2 in stores in Finland BUT they only had the Finnish dubbing. Why the FAK can't they ALSO keep the original voice acting!!! I mean, how hard and expensive can it be??????? Same thing with the Avatar - The Last Airbender dvd boxes in Finland, the have Finnish/Swedish/Norwegian/Danish but not English. :rage
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #944
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i'd love to see at least a box set for the 2K3 series. as for the OT series, release seasons 9 and 10 seperate
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #945
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I would love to see a large box set of everything together. It would be a dream come true.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #946
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
And all the seasons on dvd/bluray. I haven't seen complete TMNT 2k3 boxes anywhere ever. We did have seasons 1 and 2 in stores in Finland BUT they only had the Finnish dubbing. Why the FAK can't they ALSO keep the original voice acting!!! I mean, how hard and expensive can it be??????? Same thing with the Avatar - The Last Airbender dvd boxes in Finland, the have Finnish/Swedish/Norwegian/Danish but not English. :rage
Yes, i agree, i went out and bought the Aussie versions so i have the complete set on dvd. Had to go out and buy a regional dvd player. In all it costed me a lot! But i love this series that much it was worth it to me.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #947
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Yes, i agree, i went out and bought the Aussie versions so i have the complete set on dvd. Had to go out and buy a regional dvd player. In all it costed me a lot! But i love this series that much it was worth it to me.
wouldn't seem that worth it to me, lol! wonder if they make regional blu-ray players?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #948
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
I would love to see a large box set of everything together. It would be a dream come true.
and cost a fortune, lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #949
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just watched again, still great but I picked up a few things.

I tried to imaging the OT voice actors saying all the lines said by the OT turtles, and Raph was spot on (of course), Leo was good, Don was inconsistent but Michaelangelo was pretty freaking bad. Mike was always a goofball, but he was unique about it. Ya know, with the spanish stuff, surfer lingo, and and he was never really fishing for laughs. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't imagine Townsend Coleman saying "We can't help it, we were BORN that way". Yuck.

And Krang's "burp" was always just a burp... where as in the OT he would randomly say a word with that brup noise instead of his regular voice.
It's kinda weird imagining 1st season Cam Clarke when Leo's acting like an immature knucklehead... but yeah on Mikey. After re-watching the OT episodes, the replacement 87 voice for the movie just doesn't invoke Townsend Coleman. I guess I should be grateful he and Leo had the least lines of the OT Turtles.

It's also weird OT Don calls his own Turtle Van a "stupid Party Wagon". But then again his own brothers make fun of his own inventions so maybe he developed a sense of self-depreciation.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #950
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
It's also weird OT Don calls his own Turtle Van a "stupid Party Wagon". But then again his own brothers make fun of his own inventions so maybe he developed a sense of self-depreciation.
He is correcting the NT Raph who called it a stupid van. It's like OT Don is saying "look if you're going to insult my invention at least get its name right".

The irony is that it was never actualy referred to as the Party Wagon in the series, that was strictly the toyline. But small oversights like that don't matter, it may have even been an intentional shout out to toyline since many fans refer to the turtle van by it's toy name.

There's definitely some lines that would likely have never made it into the old show. Most notably April's wanting a Peabody, Wise or the OT writers would have made up an award with a funny name but for the most part they got it "right".

Even with Leo, he acted like a leader in the first season, to a lesser degree in the second, beyond that I tend to think of Donatello as the leader of the OT turtles. Don was the one who came up all the plans, generaly from season 3 onwards the extent of Leo's leadership was shouting "let's go turtles" after Don had told them what to do and telling the others to get serious (which he did in Turtles Forever). You can't watch episodes like Snakes Alive and the Unidentified Flying Leonardo and argue that Leo couldn't be just as...if not goofier than his fellow turtles.

I know people wouldn't liked it of TF focused less on the goofy aspects of the OT but given how great it was reacreated visualy, the small easter eggs and lines lifted from the show I'd argue it's a bit nitpicky. If it really bothers you just imagine the OT turtles got hit by Don's personality modifying ray...waitaminute didn't we actualy see the ray gun in Turtles Forever???
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #951
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
He is correcting the NT Raph who called it a stupid van. It's like OT Don is saying "look if you're going to insult my invention at least get its name right".
Too bad he couldn't get it right either. I watched 100% of the OT in the span of a month recently, so believe me when I tell you The OT Turtles never referred to it as anything but "The Turtle Van". "Party Wagon" was exclusively what Playmates named the toy.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #952
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Even with Leo, he acted like a leader in the first season, to a lesser degree in the second, beyond that I tend to think of Donatello as the leader of the OT turtles. Don was the one who came up all the plans, generaly from season 3 onwards the extent of Leo's leadership was shouting "let's go turtles" after Don had told them what to do and telling the others to get serious (which he did in Turtles Forever). You can't watch episodes like Snakes Alive and the Unidentified Flying Leonardo and argue that Leo couldn't be just as...if not goofier than his fellow turtles.
Yeah, a lot of potential for Leo in the OT is wasted because his three brothers kinda stole the show (there is a reason Raph and Mikey were the most popular to the kids). But they do defer to his decisions remember the pizza aliens and Leo wanted to help Shredder, and Raph and Don tells him he's crazy, but they still followed him anyway? Though the show tried to give him an episode or two about him... they tend to make him do this solo while the other three are usually away, or trapped somewhere and they couldn't get to him immediately.

I kinda like Snakes Alive because of Leo's phobia (w/c is ironic since his 2K3 counterpart actually fought a giant snake). And I really understand his irrational behavior, because I usually cry as if I'm getting killed when faced with needles/syringes in a medical checkup. And this is me who loves the blood and gore of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

As said the issue is Dan Green using his deep voice emulating season 1-2 Cam Clarke, when Leonardo back then was a pretty serious Turtle (y'know the guy who'd calmly tell Don "They're only five of them" when protecting him?).

Quote:
If it really bothers you just imagine the OT turtles got hit by Don's personality modifying ray...waitaminute didn't we actualy see the ray gun in Turtles Forever???
No... I don't think so.

But yeah, on the Personality Changing Ray Gun. That's my head canon on the OT's wackiness.

Quote:
He is correcting the NT Raph who called it a stupid van. It's like OT Don is saying "look if you're going to insult my invention at least get its name right".
Still, it's weird with the implication that 87 Don agreed with 2K3 Raph's opinion that the Van is stupid (though when I first heard that exchange I rolled my eyes since the 2K3 guys actually had a lamer vehicle in the Lost Season, the Turtle taxi). Really, despite how it draws attention because of it's loud color scheme and such, the Turtle Van was really really REALLY useful throughout the OT's run. It's just jarring.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 02-20-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #953
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Too bad he couldn't get it right either. I watched 100% of the OT in the span of a month recently, so believe me when I tell you The OT Turtles never referred to it as anything but "The Turtle Van". "Party Wagon" was exclusively what Playmates named the toy.
I don't know of you read my entire post but I pointed that out myself. I personaly believe it to be an intentional shout out to the toyline seeing as a lot of fans erroneously call the cartoon version by its toy name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
Still, it's weird with the implication that 87 Don agreed with 2K3 Raph's opinion that the Van is stupid (though when I first heard that exchange I rolled my eyes since the 2K3 guys actually had a lamer vehicle in the Lost Season, the Turtle taxi). Really, despite how it draws attention because of it's loud color scheme and such, the Turtle Van was really really REALLY useful throughout the OT's run. It's just jarring.
I still don't think the implication is that OT Don is agreeing that it's stupid, the animation looks like he's saying it with pride. I see it like how a normal person corrects someones grammar by repeating the same sentence back to them the correct way. So in the case "Stupid van" becomes "stupid Party wagon".

The Turtle Van/Party Wagon is a great vehicle even if some of its abililities are unrealistic. The major gripe its detractors have against it and the other OT vehicles is that it even when the turtles are trying to remain hidden it has a shell design and a big turtles logo over it...but that's just the charm of the old show.

In contrast the Turtle Taxi looks like a regular taxi so I can buy the turtles are trying to be ninjas and remain inconspicuous. Then again mutant turtles driving vehicles mostly unnoticed is a suspension of disbelief anyway without taking into account them painting it green or other personalising but hey, ya gotta sell those toys somehow.

Quote:
Dan Green using his deep voice emulating season 1-2 Cam Clarke, when Leonardo back then was a pretty serious Turtle (y'know the guy who'd calmly tell Don "They're only five of them" when protecting him?).
Has that actualy been established. I mean it's the most congenial theory as to why Green's voice is deeper but it could just be that he just couldn't get Clarke's later voice down.

Quote:
But yeah, on the Personality Changing Ray Gun. That's my head canon on the OT's wackiness.
It wouldn't be too much of a leap. The ray may not feature in TF but Don using a wrench as a hammer is a definite nod to Leonardo Lightens Up and it looks to me the the animation for the OT turtles laughing is based on how Leo did in that episode.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #954
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
It wouldn't be too much of a leap. The ray may not feature in TF but Don using a wrench as a hammer is a definite nod to Leonardo Lightens Up and it looks to me the the animation for the OT turtles laughing is based on how Leo did in that episode.
OT Leo has a sense of humor.



Just he does that because it was really really funny (they were laughing because Mike left a note that he went off to help Bugman, a comic book superhero he admired).

I dunno why Leo laughed at April and Casey kissing in the end of TF. But I'd like to think they were thinking their OT April and OT Casey. That's practically a crack pairing for them. Maybe.

Quote:
Has that actualy been established. I mean it's the most congenial theory as to why Green's voice is deeper but it could just be that he just couldn't get Clarke's later voice down.
Just that Dan also voiced high pitched Yugi in the YGO anime (the smaller boy alter ego). He could have pulled up the same voice tone Cam did in the later episodes. It's one of the reasons people say he didn't sound right as Leo, as he sounded too deep.

Quote:
In contrast the Turtle Taxi looks like a regular taxi so I can buy the turtles are trying to be ninjas and remain inconspicuous. Then again mutant turtles driving vehicles mostly unnoticed is a suspension of disbelief anyway without taking into account them painting it green or other personalising but hey, ya gotta sell those toys somehow.
Turtle Taxi is still a lame vehicle (the Turtles looked like a pack of sardines in there too). I was shocked Don (and 4Kids) even considered that as a good transportation (toy). And this is me who's OK with Raph going out in the open road in his Shell Cycle.

Quote:
The Turtle Van/Party Wagon is a great vehicle even if some of its abililities are unrealistic. The major gripe its detractors have against it and the other OT vehicles is that it even when the turtles are trying to remain hidden it has a shell design and a big turtles logo over it...but that's just the charm of the old show.
What? The first season already established they're OK revealing themselves to the world.

It's not as if they're the only animated ninjas whose vehicle grabs attention.



This one practically screams compensating for something too (tbf, it's based from the Tim Burton films, but still).
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 02-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #955
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well when i watched this i did not even think the mirage black and white turtles where even going to show up. It was a HUGE surprise for me, but i loved it. All in all a GREAT cartoon Movie.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #956
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
well when i watched this i did not even think the mirage black and white turtles where even going to show up. It was a HUGE surprise for me, but i loved it. All in all a GREAT cartoon Movie.
totally agreed
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #957
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
lol i know i was siting there and towards the end of it it went all black and white, and i was like NO WAY NO WAY!!! haha.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #958
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I just re-watched this today...man I love Turtles Forever! I really have a very little amount of complaints! I suppose OT Leonardo could have been done a little better - and I wasn't too big a fan of the "new" Fast Forward sytle drawing, I liked the original 2k3 designs better. But all in all, I really think it's a quality piece of TMNT history.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #959
Donny
Foot Soldier
 
Donny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sewers of Denmark
Posts: 180
I just noticed that there will be released an UK version soon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Muta...620033&sr=1-18

Anybody know whether this would be the exact same version as the US release?
__________________
Mikey: (singing) T-M-N-T! What you get is what you see!
(All the turtles look at him)
Raph: You know seriously, you're only embarrassing yourself...
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #960
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
I just noticed that there will be released an UK version soon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Muta...620033&sr=1-18

Anybody know whether this would be the exact same version as the US release?
It says "79 minutes". That's the full movie!!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.