The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 AM   #381
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Wait, so tmntmaster is the official Nickelodeon Twitter? Or did I get that wrong and that's a fan's watermark?
I got the vibe that TMNTMaster was someone official almost immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I'll vouch for that suckness; especially for people like Rose and I who do the whole blog thing. It's our (self imposed, unpaid) jobs to share content; so yeah, it's pretty ****** for us.
I'm sure it is, but you've read my complaints about that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
To add more, I'll say I'm sorry that Joe didn't like what he saw today. For the most part I honestly did. But I think I probably went in there with different expectations and different personal needs. Yes, there are some areas of concern (the third toe seriously bothers me). There was one thing that I think got a unanimous thumbs down from the entire group. For some people that alone was a "dealbreaker," although I wasn't quite willing to go that far. While a lot of the day was spent showing us stuff to make us go "ooh" and "ahh," there was a "breakout session" where we were able to talk to a representative of a third party focus group company - no personal connection to Nick at all - and that was, at least for me, a real positive experience in being able to say what it was we did and didn't like of what we saw. It also included a lot of telling them what we did want to see that we hadn't seen. In the end I do have to respectfully disagree with Joe and stick to saying that was I saw exceeded my expectations. But that also doesn't mean I'm singing the show praises yet.

Could I be anymore vague?
Knowing that you have stricter tastes than I do with TMNT, I'd have to say that I'm glad you walked out happy. That says a lot for me and what I should be expecting to feel later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
I really really really tried to be okay with it mostly because of the people involved but you can keep pouring sugar on a turf and its still a turf. I love you to death stefan bit you know there was much left to be desired with this thing. Im not going to settle with this one im not about to see the turtles be changed into some sort of hideous butt baby like the transformers were.
Haha! "Butt baby."

I guess it wasn't serious enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Especially Splinter for me. The actor NAILED it.
My favorite Splinter is Mako (RIP), so I won't really believe it until I hear it for myself.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #382
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Kevin Clash is my favorite Splinter.

So how was Krang's voice? J/K
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 AM   #383
Icegaze
Hench Mutant
 
Icegaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
Thank you so much for sharing all this info on Nick's TMNT. I'm excited about the whole thing but... I dunno. I'm starting to feel conflicted. It's about what the turtles will look like.

I know it's going to be CGI, but I must say that I prefer the design of the 2D Turtles (especially in the newly released official poster with the white background). My problem is that the designs in the CGI are completely different from those of the 2D version. In other words, CGI itself isn't the problem . It's the difference in art, character design (for instance the 3 toes thingy).

I really hope Nick sticks to the 2D design with the final CGI rendition.
__________________
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:09 AM   #384
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
One thing that bugs me about the CG compared to the 2d is the heads seem quite a bit smaller in the CG.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 AM   #385
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I am slightly more conflicted now, but am still optimistic. I guess I can't really judge until I see the characterization and writing.

I want the guys to look good but two versus three toes is not going to make or break the show for me. Does Leo act like Leo, is he well rounded and three dimensional and not a caricature of his original personality?? That's what personally matters most to me.

Hearing the voice actors are all good is a very positive sign.

I guess I will just continue in wait and see mode
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 AM   #386
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Glad to hear the majority has given the thumbs up! Digging the pics, the three toes doesn't really bug me any, and the cgi is looking a fair bit better than the previous cgi, just hope they capture the look in the image a wee bit more. Still seems to be missing a bit of... texture maybe?

Oh and it sounds like it was an amazing day. Getting to see the voice actors doing a reading? Playmates previews? A screening of the 'pilot'? A tour of Nick studios? Fantastic stuff.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #387
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
So what direction did they seem to be going with Mike and Raph as voices and personalities go? Was Raph really New York? Was Mikey an annoying idiot?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 AM   #388
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I'm especially interested in what the Shredder looks like.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 AM   #389
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I'm especially interested in what the Shredder looks like.
Same here, also Splinter.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 AM   #390
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
i'm late but that box of stuff was soo cool. I love the shirt and that Flash Drive case.


Also , Im diggin Jester & Reira's new avis.
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 AM   #391
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Once again, I had no complaints with the voice cast, I had more issues with the writing and 8,000 other issues. I'm not quite sure what can be discussed so I will leave out most of the gruesome details, in a nutshell (or half shell) the physical visage of the characters that I've come to know and love over the last 20+ years is being destroyed. I understand modernizing, updating, and re-imagining, but this show doesn't hold true to any of it's previous counterparts. It's stupid, the humor and physical actions of the characters is a total knock off of Teen Titans, they might as well have called It Teenage Mutant Ninja Titans. The Turtles could be saved with slight manipulation, there are parts of their appearance that I actually like that sort of remind me of the old Mirage comics, however the toilet paper feet have to go. The Turtles are Ninja not Muay Thai fighters or the Rat King. They have always had 2 toes, "So what's the big deal with giving them 3?" you might ask. Well just give Mickey Mouse and the Simpsons 5 fingers.... no big deal right? Those toes were iconic. This is just the small stuff that I CAN share, there is a much deeper reasoning behind my dislike for this show so far and it goes far beyond just a few minor anatomical differences. If they don't take the advice I gave as well as the advice of a few of the other fans, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about in the end product, if that happens ENJOY, I won't be watching or contributing funds for the show's advancement, as much as I love the majority of the folks participating in the voice cast.... I would honestly rather have the TMNT legacy die off and live with fond memories of the past rather than be associated with what I saw. This isn't even an issue of me being angry, it is an issue of being heartbroken and severely disappointed. I will not settle for anything less than AWESOME! when it comes to the TMNT, they are one of my greatest passions. There have been incarnations that I was less thrilled about in the past (Fast Forward, Next Mutation) but even those shows carry more of the essence of what the Turtles are than what I saw at Nickelodeon Animation Studios on Wednesday.

Last edited by JoeGro; 03-31-2011 at 06:53 AM.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #392
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Yikes. I hope you're just really picky, because if I end up feeling like you do, I'm gonna be one pissed off hombre...

Regarding small anesthetic changes, it seems like Mikey has freckles. I don't like that.
I'm not huge on the 3 toes either, I think it's an un-warranted and somewhat stupid change, but it's not something I'd gripe over heavily.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #393
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yikes. I hope you're just really picky, because if I end up feeling like you do, I'm gonna be one pissed off hombre...

Regarding small anesthetic changes, it seems like Mikey has freckles. I don't like that.
I'm not huge on the 3 toes either, I think it's an un-warranted and somewhat stupid change, but it's not something I'd gripe over heavily.

The 3 toes is just a small tip of the iceberg my friend. Kiss all of the loving characteristics that you've enjoyed in the past goodbye. I always had this huge paranoia that it was going to be Spongebob Turtlepants, and though it's not quite that extreme (and though Spongebob in it's own right is a great show) it isn't far from it. That's the thing Nickelodeon has great shows, but the treatment they are giving the Turtles to match some of their other shows just doesn't work for me. I was expecting a lot of differences and updates, I went in expecting to be disappointed with a few things, but I am disappointed with MOST things. I am picky to an extent but I was willing to overlook a few flaws and a few changes. This is not the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that I know. True, a new demographic may be formed and a different fan base, but its not a fan base I will include myself with and it will not re-activate Turtlemania by any means. Unless of course, a huge number of changes are made. It kind of makes me sad because if I actually worked for Nickelodeon on this project I think I could make TMNT into the multi-billion dollar monster that it once was 20 years ago. This project is not being avantgarde it is being naive. People that are "okay" with it, are not die-hard turtle fans, they are in love with the brand and not the Turtles themselves, this is rather obvious to me now. I think some of you would settle for green stick figures as long as it had the TMNT logo on it, maybe I'm exaggerating a little with that statement but it might as well be the case. Everyone is entitled to like what they like, and like Stefan said "To each his own", but I think Nickelodeon persuaded some of you to like it with the enticement/excitement of gifts and VIP treatment.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #394
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
and as a side note, the logo is amazing, too bad the show doesn't reflect the same brilliance. Oh and by the way when I was asked in the focus group about all of this, I wasn't nearly as nice about it as I'm being on this forum. Sorry I have to be the Grinch in this situation but they are f*$king with my passion, hobby, and inner child.

Last edited by JoeGro; 03-31-2011 at 07:30 AM.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #395
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Now you're just coming off as a total kill joy. I mean lines like "People that are "okay" with it, are not die-hard turtle fans, they are in love with the brand and not the Turtles themselves, this is rather obvious to me now." aren't making me swing to the doom and gloom you're spewing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #396
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ok, Joe. What did you think of the 1980's series?

EDIT: So who were the voices of Mikey and Raph?

And if you can't say who was...who weren't the voices of Mikey and Raph?
I'm a huge fan of the first 5 original episodes of the 80s series and a handful of episodes after, I can still watch them all though. I'm not sure if we're suppose to release the names of everyone in the voice cast because it isn't a for sure deal that they are the finalized cast.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #397
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Now you're just coming off as a total kill joy. I mean lines like "People that are "okay" with it, are not die-hard turtle fans, they are in love with the brand and not the Turtles themselves, this is rather obvious to me now." aren't making me swing to the doom and gloom you're spewing.
I expect everyone to make their own opinion when they see it, I'm just "spewing" my point of view. I wouldn't be stating the things I am stating just for the sake of doing it. I felt really bad that I had to say what I did, but I felt that it was the right thing to do in my own heart. I also mean what I say, that doesn't mean that everyone has to agree, most of you guys weren't there to see it for yourselves. There are a lot of things that we can't talk about, that I am hoping they will change prior to it hitting your optical.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #398
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
People that are "okay" with it, are not die-hard turtle fans, they are in love with the brand and not the Turtles themselves, this is rather obvious to me now. I think some of you would settle for green stick figures as long as it had the TMNT logo on it...
Ouch, what a way to put down people you don't even know... Did it ever occur to you that different people have different tastes... You can have whatever opinion you want about the new turtles, that is your right, but to claim others only like the brand, well I am fairly confident you are way off base there... I dig the new designs, I dig the logo, and from what I have read I feel like I am going to dig the new show, not because I am crazy about the brand but because I am impressed with what Nick is doing... I didn't watch Next Mutation because I didn't like it, as others will agree (not all of course), but you quoted S yourself... To each their own... But do not sit there and tell me why I like something, because you are not me... Speak for yourself and that's it...

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #399
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Well it is a new universe, a new take. No one will force you to watch it nor take away the comics and series that do exist.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #400
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I don't mean disrespect for anyone for liking the Turtles for whatever reason. Perhaps I should have worded myself differently. But that is my opinion, once again no one has to agree with it and perhaps in some cases I am way off base. But I cannot relieve myself of the TMNT I have grown to love say "screw it" and like something that is in fact NOT what TMNT has been. I apologize for coming off so harshly in the case of other fans, I am not a confrontational person, this is simply one of the few cases in a great number of years that has effected me this much emotionally where I feel anger, sadness, disappointment, etc. I tried to be very optimistic with this new take, from what I saw in the artwork and the logo prior to seeing actual raw material I was starting to become excited. I hate it, perhaps with some alterations it could be salvaged but time will only tell. Though there were maybe one or two good points about it here and there, i don't see how any real Turtle fan can say "I thought it was really good!" I just can't grasp that. I thought for sure I would have more people behind me on this, I just think perhaps the majority is just ready for something new with Turtles....well so was I, but...oh well... who am I? What is my opinion worth? I feel like Raph right now haha. I also wanted to mention that regardless of the outcome, I do thank Nick for having me out, I did have a great time with everything outside of the viewing of content, it was great meeting other fans and what my opinion rests on as far as how I view some of you as Turtle fans does not reflect how I view you as people, you are all great individuals. People have disputes on politics, basketball teams, religion, taste in food so don't take this as me attacking any of you, I apologize if my previous statements came off in such a manor.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.