![]() |
|
|
#561 | |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
Quote:
I know that this is new and different and I can't just say, "Oh, this is the first movie only in CG," but I really like Vol. 1, the first TMNT movie, the first NES TMNT game, the old Playmates box art, etc. A mix of those sorts of things are how I imagined things being when I played TMNT as a kid with my friends whether it be figures or playing outside. A similar mixture seems to be brewing over at Nickelodeon. This is very exciting news! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#562 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
|
and despite what appears to be nothing but negativity on my behalf, ha, I did have a great time at the event regardless. I especially had a blast meeting all of the other turtle fans and folks at Nick. Here is a quick little video I put together, well, quickly, for everyone that didn't get to go. Obviously there is nothing from the actual event on the inside, this mostly goes over a bit of everything that went on before through our actual trip to the studio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l64F4GmUQ4 |
|
|
|
|
|
#563 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#564 | |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#565 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#566 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#567 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I'll take it as a compluhmint....
See what I did there?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#568 |
|
Sewerhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#569 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Glad I could give ya a chance to use that....WAIT A MINUTE...
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#570 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
Hm. Interest dropped down a bit. Oh, well.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#571 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I wonder if I should watch the Kid's Choice Awards this year...
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#572 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
|
Quote:
Thanks to everyone that went giving us the impressions on the experience and what they can its appreciated. I am glad that Nickelodeon has reached out to the fans for input and to get some feedback. I love the 2d art that is on the tshirts and the poster version of them in the alley. I would love to see those turtles animated in a traditional 2d show to be honest =) I am a bit of a 3d artist myself, I am not honestly really super impressed with the models but I don't hate them. Maybe its the bright solid colors and Leo appears to have long legs, something I honestly didn't like about the TMNT2k7 movie figures. The 3 toes are another thing that I didn't care for but I could live with it if it didn't change. I would probably always think it looked odd tho. I am liking Leos upper body, I am not sure if the shell plate is a little to thin otherwise its looking cool just lacking a little detail. I'll reserve my final judgment until I see them in motion and in a living world. I am feeling overall pretty positive reading every ones comments, I was generally just hoping it wouldn't be like the original toon in 3d. I loved it as a kid especially the first season. But its very difficult to watch a lot of the mid to later seasons of that series mainly because of the repetitious nature of the story lines. If Nickelodeon goes down the road of the comics and even if not direct adaptions but puts some new ideas and perhaps takes some different paths to keep fans of the material in suspense I will be really phsyched (eg. The Walking Dead on AMC). I wouldn't be totally against having some ideas/stories from other universes and new ideas as long as the core family and characters stay intact with what we have come to know over the past 25+ years. If this show ends up being as good or better than the 2k3 show my hat will be off. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#573 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I think the OT gets a bad rap....it knew it was repetitive. I love just how wacky it was, and how self aware.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#574 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
|
Quote:
Breaking the 4th wall and the jokes, the pizza and what not are great and what made that universe its own at that time. Also the fact that the villains were never really a threat and had all those crazy ways of trying to conquer NYC/Earth. I'd prefer the new toon stay further away from the original if at all possible. I am sure there are people with differing opinions tho. It would be nice if this could become the definitive turtle series. I have a vision of how it could be and how I can see the potential from the early concept art. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#575 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I know, just my 2 cents.
I agree, I want this to be its own thing, separate from any series before it. Comic source material...that's fine, but a unique series is what I hope for.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#576 |
|
幸 - 愛 - 思う
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#577 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I love that pic of Don and Mr. T. playing croquet. It's hilarious.
And, like I've stated before, I'm not going to judge this show based on everyone's opinions. I'm going to wait and see for myself, though I am glad that we got some positive and negative feedback. I'm not too bothered by the bandages anymore as I'll get used to them. And the toes don't really bother me either. I'm more interested in the content of the episodes and the voices.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#578 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
I wonder if Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady will eventually show up in this series. There's no reason not to use popular villains.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#579 | ||||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Quote:
Quote:
Of course I'm blanking on whether it was Talbot or Berger who used to draw them that way. I think Berger.)
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
#580 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
|
I'm pretty sure I had already seen that Mr. T/Don picture, weird.
Anyways the wait is going to kill me, even if we saw a small teaser a month back I highly doubt we'll see anything at this years SDCC, it won't be until next years SDCC more than a year away before we actually see stuff from the show. I wouldn't mind the wait if Nick had not started the hype wagon so damn early by showing us what is going on. Its both a blessing and a curse. even though facepalm is a very old meme I grew tired of a long time ago, what makes this so awesome is the NES dying music being played, it fits perfectly. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2k12, nick |
|
|