The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #541
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
The physical visage of the characters that I've come to know and love over the last 20+ years is being destroyed. I understand modernizing, updating, and re-imagining, but this show doesn't hold true to any of it's previous counterparts.
With this, everything else you offer loses credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
There have been incarnations that I was less thrilled about in the past (Fast Forward, Next Mutation) but even those shows carry more of the essence of what the Turtles are than what I saw at Nickelodeon Animation Studios on Wednesday.
Also, with this.
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #542
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
It was like this from day one; at one point I honestly didn't know which way we were gonna go with it because it kept fluctuating. Not a big deal by any means, but I def prefer two toes.

On a side-note, Rose, I'm wondering to myself what the "dealbreaker" was for all of you. I suspect I know, but still curious...
Hi Alex!

If I PM you about these things is that allowable, or trouble territory?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #543
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Youre right. They look terrible. There hasnt been a worse look for the turtles in history.

Spoiler:






Definitely couldn't have done worse. Damn.


/Sarcasm

AHHHH! Kill it with fire!

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #544
Sergio517
Foot Soldier
 
Sergio517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Youre right. They look terrible. There hasnt been a worse look for the turtles in history.







Definitely couldn't have done worse. Damn.


/Sarcasm
Thanks for making me sicker.

Hence why I don't like those either. What does that have to do with this garbage though? There's been ugly recreations of the turtles before so this nick stuff HAS to be good? Is that your point? Help me out here.
__________________
Sergio517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #545
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
With this, everything else you offer loses credibility.



Also, with this.

So no reasoning as to why? It's called an opinion, were you there?
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #546
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Actually, yes he was. That's Alex Deligiannis, he works for Nickelodeon.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #547
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Actually, yes he was. That's Alex Deligiannis, he works for Nickelodeon.

Oh well then that's not a biased opinion on his behalf at all is it?
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #548
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Actually, yes he was. That's Alex Deligiannis, he works for Nickelodeon.
Not only does he work there, but he was one of the crew involved in making the animatic of the pilot we saw.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #549
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
Maybe the dealbreaker was Venus or some type of extra turtle or non-turtle female mutant that is part of the group in not a mentor role but a role in the layer along with Splinter. The fandom always seems to agree that they hate the idea of an extra mutant turtle like Venus added to the origin so I guess something similar like that could be the deal breaker.

Oh hey Joe don't feel attacked by the fandom, I think its good that they got a mostly negative opinion as well since different opinions are always more helpful than one over and over again, and hey if Andrew NDB had gone I'm sure he would have had more negative things to say than you.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #550
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
So no reasoning as to why? It's called an opinion, were you there?
I completely respect opinions! I bet that we share some similar ones on this thing. But when you stay things like "this show doesn't hold true to any previous counterparts," that's not really an opinion.

Last edited by Toon; 04-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #551
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Not only does he work there, but he was one of the crew involved in making the animatic of the pilot we saw.

Well I have respect for anyone that works in any form of animation, it's not the animation work itself that was an issue for me, I realize it's a lot of work and I can appreciate hard work and artistic merit. Sorry, but luckily for Nick I seem to be the black sheep. What does my opinion matter? I've only been a fan of the TMNT for a little over two decades, I guess that's not enough to count for anything. Oh well.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #552
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
I completely respect opinions! I bet that we share some similar ones on this thing. But when you stay things like "this show doesn't hold true to any previous counterparts," that's not really an opinion.

On a somewhat-related side note, I don't know if the fans that came in were made aware of this, but the main reference for this thing, from day one onward, was a longbox containing the entire Vol. 1 run of the Mirage books.
I realize that the show is still in progress, but what we were shown (aside from a few visual aspects here and there) doesn't really reflect anything from the Mirage Comics, oh except for having the same title and the characters having the same names. But, once again...what do I know? I'm just some guy.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #553
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Oh hey Joe don't feel attacked by the fandom, I think its good that they got a mostly negative opinion as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
What does my opinion matter? I've only been a fan of the TMNT for a little over two decades, I guess that's not enough to count for anything. Oh well.
It's ABSOLUTELY a good thing that you had criticism to give. And your opinion most definitely matters; you were chosen to share it, after all!

Last edited by Toon; 04-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #554
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
On a somewhat-related side note, I don't know if the fans that came in were made aware of this, but the main reference for this thing, from day one onward, was a longbox containing the entire Vol. 1 run of the Mirage books.
There wasn't a smiley that conveyed my feelings on this issue. So I made this:



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #555
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
And let me be clear on this because I'm not trying to be the "meanie" of the group I just know what I like and what I don't like. I've also been a huge fan of a lot of Nickelodeons animated programs over the years, it just doesn't look like the new TMNT is going to be one I add to that list. But hey, only time will tell. I'm usually an extremely nice guy, but TMNT is my passion and I'm very stern in my opinions and thoughts that pertain to it is all.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #556
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
and just as a side note from me Toon, I just realized who you were, I actually dig your art style a great deal.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #557
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
But again, it's good for them to hear from "descenters" too
You making fun of me?

j/k
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #558
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
There wasn't a smiley that conveyed my feelings on this issue. So I made this:
I don't know if it's usual for him to keep it at the office, or if he just brought it in for the day, but the EP on the series, Ciro Nieli, totally waved a #1 first print in front of us as if it was no big deal - complete with all the other oversized first print books. The dude is the real deal. Oh, and he also has the most awesome painting of Donatello playing croquet with Mr. T.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #559
Sergio517
Foot Soldier
 
Sergio517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
And let me be clear on this because I'm not trying to be the "meanie" of the group I just know what I like and what I don't like. I've also been a huge fan of a lot of Nickelodeons animated programs over the years, it just doesn't look like the new TMNT is going to be one I add to that list. But hey, only time will tell. I'm usually an extremely nice guy, but TMNT is my passion and I'm very stern in my opinions and thoughts that pertain to it is all.
Completely agree with you there. I'm the same.
__________________
Sergio517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #560
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I don't know if it's usual for him to keep it at the office, or if he just brought it in for the day, but the EP on the series, Ciro Nieli, totally waved a #1 first print in front of us as if it was no big deal - complete with all the other oversized first print books. The dude is the real deal. Oh, and he also has the most awesome painting of Donatello playing croquet with Mr. T.

I thought that painting was pretty awesome and hilarious myself.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.