The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #561
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I don't know if it's usual for him to keep it at the office, or if he just brought it in for the day, but the EP on the series, Ciro Nieli, totally waved a #1 first print in front of us as if it was no big deal - complete with all the other oversized first print books. The dude is the real deal. Oh, and he also has the most awesome painting of Donatello playing croquet with Mr. T.
If I had been told what the main influence was from the get-go I wouldn't have cared that you had to keep so much to yourself from the beginning! The rock'n'roll graphitti grit, the pizza references, and a longbox of Vol. 1 TMNT really sets my speculative radar in a direction that I'm really diggin'!

I know that this is new and different and I can't just say, "Oh, this is the first movie only in CG," but I really like Vol. 1, the first TMNT movie, the first NES TMNT game, the old Playmates box art, etc. A mix of those sorts of things are how I imagined things being when I played TMNT as a kid with my friends whether it be figures or playing outside. A similar mixture seems to be brewing over at Nickelodeon.

This is very exciting news!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #562
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
and despite what appears to be nothing but negativity on my behalf, ha, I did have a great time at the event regardless. I especially had a blast meeting all of the other turtle fans and folks at Nick. Here is a quick little video I put together, well, quickly, for everyone that didn't get to go. Obviously there is nothing from the actual event on the inside, this mostly goes over a bit of everything that went on before through our actual trip to the studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l64F4GmUQ4
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #563
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
I thought that painting was pretty awesome and hilarious myself.
Ah! Here it is!

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #564
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
And let me be clear on this because I'm not trying to be the "meanie" of the group I just know what I like and what I don't like. I've also been a huge fan of a lot of Nickelodeons animated programs over the years, it just doesn't look like the new TMNT is going to be one I add to that list. But hey, only time will tell. I'm usually an extremely nice guy, but TMNT is my passion and I'm very stern in my opinions and thoughts that pertain to it is all.
Not coming off as mean at all. The world needs more people who mean what they say and say what they mean. I hope once the show materializes, it'll get you on board, and maybe some of the crits you offered will go into making that happen. Time will tell for sure!
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 AM   #565
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
and just as a side note from me Toon, I just realized who you were, I actually dig your art style a great deal.
Thank you kindly, sir!
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #566
Toon
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You making fun of me?

j/k
'Twas an homage
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #567
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'll take it as a compluhmint....
See what I did there?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #568
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'll take it as a compluhmint....
See what I did there?


Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #569
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Glad I could give ya a chance to use that....WAIT A MINUTE...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #570
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
On a somewhat-related side note, I don't know if the fans that came in were made aware of this, but the main reference for this thing, from day one onward, was a longbox containing the entire Vol. 1 run of the Mirage books.
Hm. Interest dropped down a bit. Oh, well.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #571
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I wonder if I should watch the Kid's Choice Awards this year...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #572
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
On a somewhat-related side note, I don't know if the fans that came in were made aware of this, but the main reference for this thing, from day one onward, was a longbox containing the entire Vol. 1 run of the Mirage books.
All I have to say is that this information is awesome!

Thanks to everyone that went giving us the impressions on the experience and what they can its appreciated. I am glad that Nickelodeon has reached out to the fans for input and to get some feedback.

I love the 2d art that is on the tshirts and the poster version of them in the alley. I would love to see those turtles animated in a traditional 2d show to be honest =)

I am a bit of a 3d artist myself, I am not honestly really super impressed with the models but I don't hate them. Maybe its the bright solid colors and Leo appears to have long legs, something I honestly didn't like about the TMNT2k7 movie figures. The 3 toes are another thing that I didn't care for but I could live with it if it didn't change. I would probably always think it looked odd tho.

I am liking Leos upper body, I am not sure if the shell plate is a little to thin otherwise its looking cool just lacking a little detail. I'll reserve my final judgment until I see them in motion and in a living world.

I am feeling overall pretty positive reading every ones comments, I was generally just hoping it wouldn't be like the original toon in 3d. I loved it as a kid especially the first season. But its very difficult to watch a lot of the mid to later seasons of that series mainly because of the repetitious nature of the story lines.

If Nickelodeon goes down the road of the comics and even if not direct adaptions but puts some new ideas and perhaps takes some different paths to keep fans of the material in suspense I will be really phsyched (eg. The Walking Dead on AMC). I wouldn't be totally against having some ideas/stories from other universes and new ideas as long as the core family and characters stay intact with what we have come to know over the past 25+ years.

If this show ends up being as good or better than the 2k3 show my hat will be off.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #573
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I think the OT gets a bad rap....it knew it was repetitive. I love just how wacky it was, and how self aware.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #574
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the OT gets a bad rap....it knew it was repetitive. I love just how wacky it was, and how self aware.
I am not trying to rag on the OT for what it was at the time I really liked it, as it introduced me to the turtles. After the first 4 seasons or so it gets to the point where the stories are almost the same every episode and it is hard to watch through them. The animation is also inconsistent imo.

Breaking the 4th wall and the jokes, the pizza and what not are great and what made that universe its own at that time. Also the fact that the villains were never really a threat and had all those crazy ways of trying to conquer NYC/Earth.

I'd prefer the new toon stay further away from the original if at all possible. I am sure there are people with differing opinions tho. It would be nice if this could become the definitive turtle series. I have a vision of how it could be and how I can see the potential from the early concept art.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #575
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I know, just my 2 cents.

I agree, I want this to be its own thing, separate from any series before it. Comic source material...that's fine, but a unique series is what I hope for.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #576
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ah! Here it is!
HAHAHAHAHA!

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #577
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I love that pic of Don and Mr. T. playing croquet. It's hilarious.

And, like I've stated before, I'm not going to judge this show based on everyone's opinions. I'm going to wait and see for myself, though I am glad that we got some positive and negative feedback. I'm not too bothered by the bandages anymore as I'll get used to them. And the toes don't really bother me either. I'm more interested in the content of the episodes and the voices.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #578
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I wonder if Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady will eventually show up in this series. There's no reason not to use popular villains.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #579
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I really had high hopes, but now I have really low expectations for this show. I can't watch something that doesn't look good. It's what draws the viewer in. Not "Oh well this looks like it has good story, voice acting, and action." It's "Damn, this looks great, let's see if the voice acting, story telling, and action are just as good." So sorry Nick, as of now I am disappointed. I have lost lot's of interest in this show and hope it could still be saved with the more news we get.
Yeah, I'll admit that I've been guilty of this in the past. And because of it I spent years avoiding "Avatar: the last Airbender" and books like Gaimen's "Sandman."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You know what else had hand and leg wraps....NINJA TURTLES: THE NEXT MUTATION!
I hate that shizz.
You know what else had leg and hand wraps? Short stories and pin ups by Mirage Artists.
Of course I'm blanking on whether it was Talbot or Berger who used to draw them that way. I think Berger.)
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #580
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
I'm pretty sure I had already seen that Mr. T/Don picture, weird.

Anyways the wait is going to kill me, even if we saw a small teaser a month back I highly doubt we'll see anything at this years SDCC, it won't be until next years SDCC more than a year away before we actually see stuff from the show. I wouldn't mind the wait if Nick had not started the hype wagon so damn early by showing us what is going on. Its both a blessing and a curse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post


even though facepalm is a very old meme I grew tired of a long time ago, what makes this so awesome is the NES dying music being played, it fits perfectly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.