The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #41
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I really hope this show is nothing like the 2k3.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #42
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Can't imagine Astin doing a Miragey Raph. And, I'm certain Biggs will make a mockery of Leo (eventually, if not right away). Sounds like typical Nickelodeon to me.
You sound like a typical whiner to me.
Oh, SNAP!!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #43
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Wonderful news! Hoon Lee and Greg Cipes were the guys that we heard reading at the TMNT Preview, and I absolutely loved them...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #44
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Wonderful news! Hoon Lee and Greg Cipes were the guys that we heard reading at the TMNT Preview, and I absolutely loved them...
Just checked Hoon Lee's acting credits. He's cute!! He was seen recently in the cop show Blue Bloods.

*lol*@the Trivia on him "He is a member of the Mr. Miyagi's Theater Company in New York City"

His wife is pretty. This is their wedding announcement from 2008: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/fa...26billman.html
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #45
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
You think about ninja turtles in the shower?
Yes, only real fans do.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Hopefully we get clips of them speaking as the Turtles in the coming months.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #47
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
You think about ninja turtles in the shower?
Yes, only real fans do.
I think you can count perverts in that lineup as well.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #48
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I'm ambivalent about Cipes as Mikey. His voice is odd to me. Hopefully I'll be able to get used to him as Mike. Interesting how Nick opted for "name actors" as two of the Turtles (personally I consider Rob one as well, as prolific as he is!).

Well, come fall next year we'll finally get to hear them on screen!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #49
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Interesting how Nick opted for "name actors" as two of the Turtles (personally I consider Rob one as well, as prolific as he is!).
I'm confused. I'd say Biggs and Asten were "name" actors. Sure Rob and Greg are more or less well know voice actors, I think of on-screen actors when I think "name actors." Then again, that's just me.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #50
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I'm pretty sure the on-screen actors were who he was referring to, and the parenthetical note is there to say that he considers Rob a "big name" as well because of his nigh legendary status. If it wasn't for Welker, the guy'd probably be no. 1 in his field.


EDIT: No, wait... He'd still have LaMarche to contend with.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #51
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
And Cummings...and West...

Gotcha...Biggs and Asten are "named actors" and in the posters opinion Rob would be one as well.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #52
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Hey, as long as they do a good job, I don't care who voices them.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,205
So Greg Cipes and Jason Biggs were 10 and 12, respectively, in 1990... I wonder if either of them watched Turtles at all.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #54
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
They may have. You never know.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #55
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
I just hope that Cipes doesn't play Mikey as a ditz.If he could use the Kevin Levin (the charater from Ben 10 Alien Force)That would be cool.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #56
Ashangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Ashangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: My Imagi-Nation
Posts: 316
I'm pretty pleased with the cast, personally. I'm really interested to see what Cipes and Astin bring to the roles.
Ashangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #57
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
As a Lord of the Rings fanatic, you can probably sense my excited heartbeat pulsating through this thread.

Beat, beat, beat, beat...

Yes, I am floored and completely enthusiastic about this news. The union of my two loves is now complete.

By the way, with both Astin and Biggs in on this, we can rest assured that Nick is definitely bringing out the big guns.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #58
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
So Greg Cipes and Jason Biggs were 10 and 12, respectively, in 1990... I wonder if either of them watched Turtles at all.
I thought I remember seeing an interview with Biggs about this where he said he was a big fan of the OT. I'm sure it's on YouTube.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #59
Oniri
Foot Soldier
 
Oniri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
So Greg Cipes and Jason Biggs were 10 and 12, respectively, in 1990... I wonder if either of them watched Turtles at all.
I was born in 1989 and my first intro to the turtles was the 80's show, so age doesn't really matter in that regard.

I think this is a great cast so far! I'm excited!
__________________

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #60
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri View Post
I was born in 1989 and my first intro to the turtles was the 80's show, so age doesn't really matter in that regard.
I was born in 91 and my intro to the Turtles was the 80's show and first movie....

I don't see why you're trying to negate my post, I was simply observing that they were in the "target age" right at the height of Turtle-mania, so it's more likely that they, as opposed to the older Sean Astin, would have been fans as kids.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.