The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #61
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri
I was born in 1989 and my first intro to the turtles was the 80's show, so age doesn't really matter in that regard.

I think this is a great cast so far! I'm excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I was born in 91 and my intro to the Turtles was the 80's show and first movie....

I don't see why you're trying to negate my post, I was simply observing that they were in the "target age" right at the height of Turtle-mania, so it's more likely that they, as opposed to the older Sean Astin, would have been fans as kids.
STOP MAKING ME FEEL OLD!!

Gah, dang blasted kids.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #62
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I was born in 91 and my intro to the Turtles was the 80's show and first movie....

I don't see why you're trying to negate my post, I was simply observing that they were in the "target age" right at the height of Turtle-mania, so it's more likely that they, as opposed to the older Sean Astin, would have been fans as kids.
Oh my gosh! This is so funny! I was born in 91! We must be like the same age right now. Anyway, I don't care how old I am. I'm watching this show. Who knows. The Penguins may move down to number 2 on my list if I like this one. Forget Criminal Minds or Burn Notice. I may be an adult, but those shows are not my cup of tea. This is the real deal.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #63
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I was born in '83, so I'm just as old if not older than you guys.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #64
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Darn youngens!! *Swings cane*

I was born in '81.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #65
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
'80. I think only Buslady and WhiteWolf beat me... and VaugnMichael by about a week.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #66
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
And me. By about three years.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #67
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
'80. I think only Buslady and WhiteWolf beat me... and VaugnMichael by about a week.
I'm pretty confident there are plenty of people around here born before 1980, myself included.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yea! I feelz young again!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #69
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I'm pretty confident there are plenty of people around here born before 1980, myself included.
I was born before 1980 too....
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #70
Oniri
Foot Soldier
 
Oniri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I was born in 91 and my intro to the Turtles was the 80's show and first movie....

I don't see why you're trying to negate my post, I was simply observing that they were in the "target age" right at the height of Turtle-mania, so it's more likely that they, as opposed to the older Sean Astin, would have been fans as kids.
Sorry. Misunderstood the post.
I took the "wonder if they watched it at all" portion as doubting if they use to watch or not. You won't believe how many people are shocked to know that I use to watch TMNT, Jem, She-ra/He-man and so on when I was younger because of my age.
__________________

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #71
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
I can beat all of you.I was born in 1975.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #72
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
I can beat all of you.I was born in 1975.
Think Wolfie or BL has that beat. Yep...
Whitewolf89: February 9, 1957 (54)
BL: October 16, 1971 (39)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #73
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I thought whitewolf was like a preteen or something.... Damn.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #74
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
I thought whitewolf was like a preteen or something.... Damn.
I really ought to feel bad for revealing a woman's age....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I am glad I was born at the right time to be around for the initial Turtle fad in the 80's/90's. I may have been young at the time, but I was around for it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #76
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I am glad I was born at the right time to be around for the initial Turtle fad in the 80's/90's. I may have been young at the time, but I was around for it.
How old are you? You're such an enigma! We know nothing about you man, you don't even have an avatar!!!!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #77
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
How old are you? You're such an enigma! We know nothing about you man, you don't even have an avatar!!!!
I like to think of him as a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #78
CrazySquirrel
Foot Soldier
 
CrazySquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 147
1980! I run a video game store so.... it doesn't count that I'm 30...
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #79
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk
 
FlippytheMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I like to think of him as a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Is this like some sort of synonym inception?
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #80
Alex
Foot Soldier
 
Alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 233
When did this thread change into a thread about age?

Anyway, I'm born in '86. My first contact with the turtles were the 80's show and the first movie. Like many others, as it seems.
__________________
My collection of TMNT: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28233

Collecting mostly TMNT comics, movies and games released in Sweden.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.