The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #981
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I had read in the TMNT-L newsletter that it was supposed to debut in March, but that's not true, obviously as one of the admins saw it on Wikipedia. I thought that was a bit far-fetched anyway when I read it.
Wikipedia can only be so trusted. I had to edit vandalism on Shredder's page several months ago. It stated Shredder was born April 1st 1930 and died on March 13th 1998 just shy of his 68th bithday. Who came up with that? Just another reason why we should take wikipedia like a grain of salt as informative as it can be.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #982
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Wikipedia can only be so trusted. I had to edit vandalism on Shredder's page several months ago. It stated Shredder was born April 1st 1930 and died on March 13th 1998 just shy of his 68th bithday. Who came up with that? Just another reason why we should take wikipedia like a grain of salt as informative as it can be.
Are you serious?! That's so weird.

Yeah, I doubt there's going to be a February debut. We've been given little info whatsoever on the series, so I'm thinking they'll release more info during the spring and then the show will start in the fall.
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #983
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I can't see the the show starting as soon as February. It seems way to soon with no publicity. Unless we start seeing some commercials or start getting some figures on shelf I don't think we will see anything at all tell fall.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #984
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
Are you serious?! That's so weird.

Yeah, I doubt there's going to be a February debut. We've been given little info whatsoever on the series, so I'm thinking they'll release more info during the spring and then the show will start in the fall.
What stinks is they don't utilize ninjaturtles.com like they should. Its the same old update from November 2010. That was a great way to keep up with everything TMNT especially during the dark years winter '98 to winter '02/'03 at least blogspot gives us the ability to keep up with some of the Mirage dudes and Stan Saki.

Yes, someone had a few too many rootbeer pizzas or just did it for a stupid joke.
I just found the same thing on tmntpedia and it hasn't been changed yet. If I had an account there I would fix the vadalism.

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Shredder

"The Shredder (also known as Oroku Saki) (born March 13, 1930 - April 1, 1 9 9 is the eternal adversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Splinter, and appears in some context in every form of TMNT media. Originally he was supposed to only appear in one issue of the comic, but his popularity saw him return; Peter Laird had said that it was not his and Kevin Eastman's intent for him to become the "Darth Vader" of the TMNT universe, but he had indeed become the chief villain. He is also known as the leader of the Foot Clan".

Also, on wikipedia Jason David Frank aka greatest Power Ranger ever was listed as April's cameraman uncredited in the 1990 film. There was no source for that so I removeds what I believe to be a ridiculous gesture.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #985
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why the hell would anyone think they'd debut a new show in a month with ZERO promotion or hype going for it?

Outside of the internet, nobody even knows this show is even in development. I'd expect Nick to hype it up starting around June/July for a September debut.
Thank your some common sense, I wish it would come out soon, but I rather wait a little longer for a better show
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #986
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
I don't have cable at all (yet); is Nick showing ANY kind of TMNT these days? I know that Next Mutation is on Netflix, but is there anything going on on the network itself?
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #987
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
I don't have cable at all (yet); is Nick showing ANY kind of TMNT these days? I know that Next Mutation is on Netflix, but is there anything going on on the network itself?

To my knowledge Nick has only shown Turtles Forever, but apart from that nothing.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #988
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Also, on wikipedia Jason David Frank aka greatest Power Ranger ever was listed as April's cameraman uncredited in the 1990 film. There was no source for that so I removed what I believe to be a ridiculous gesture.
And what makes you an expert? That's who it is, FIX IT. If you can't disprove something, leave it the hell alone.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #989
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
And what makes you an expert? That's who it is, FIX IT. If you can't disprove something, leave it the hell alone.
I never said I was an expert. If there is no source to confirm and the fact I looked through both Google and Yahoo! for verification with no luck its not valid information. Now if the actor himself is cited for saying he was an uncredited camera man than its fine. I am just removed it because it seemed like someone being silly and removing vadalism. That is all. Its just like the Shredder entry.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #990
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Dude, back off, Powder. What's eatin' you? O_o

In a situation like that, m&r87, I suggest you just put a "citation needed" note rather than completely deleting it. Can you say that it wasn't Mr. Ranger himself that added that bit of info to the page? Just a suggestion...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #991
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
My biggest fear is that Nick doesn't wait too long to hype the series. If all they do is wait quietly until about six weeks before the show starts and only air promos about once a day and no merchandise is supported, I'm afraid that it could struggle out of the gate. We need a proper buildup; first on the official site at least four months prior to starting; as well as getting outside sources (Rob Paulsen live, Nick.com, Toonzone.com, and people who are actually working on the show) to really get a sense of the production status. We haven't received any new information since Shredder's VA was announced. Perhaps the criticism on the animation designs led to an adjustment in the animation studios working on the designs and creating a delay. But we can only forecast at this point, just like with second comings. This information is simply too vague to confirm that a new series is really about to begin. Remember, 1987's pilot progress was mentioned in Raphael #1 second printing a couple months before that show started, and even mentioned specific progress, such as mentioning that they've seen two completed episodes, and this was before the Internet age!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #992
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Dude, back off, Powder. What's eatin' you? O_o

In a situation like that, m&r87, I suggest you just put a "citation needed" note rather than completely deleting it. Can you say that it wasn't Mr. Ranger himself that added that bit of info to the page? Just a suggestion...
Thanks dude. I did. This is what I put to the word when I edited back in late September: "There are no sources suggesting that Jason Davidf Frank was in the role of an uncredited camera man for Channel Three News. Unless a source is found for citation it is unneccessary".

How did you get your profile to animate like that? That is really cool.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #993
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
My avatar? It's just an animated gif.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #994
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
My avatar? It's just an animated gif.
Yes,I thought it was a good combo of cute and cool. I was trying to figure out how to isolate part of a gif to along with my signature and was not sure if you knew how to do that sort of thing. I found via the waybackmachine an image of mike and raph's heads with "he offical website"surrounding them and the TMNT logo. I wanted to remove the words in quotes,but wasn't sure how or if I could.


Getting back on topic, would the foot soldiers be robots again? I don't recall seeing information about it. It won't bother me either way, but just an education guess would say robots.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #995
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
There are plenty of people around here who could help with that. Off the top of my head, Revan does that sort of thing. Superfriendly is he, much like an animated superhero. Just drop him a line.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #996
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist
 
turtles_kolektor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
My biggest fear is that Nick doesn't wait too long to hype the series. If all they do is wait quietly until about six weeks before the show starts and only air promos about once a day and no merchandise is supported, I'm afraid that it could struggle out of the gate. We need a proper buildup; first on the official site at least four months prior to starting; as well as getting outside sources (Rob Paulsen live, Nick.com, Toonzone.com, and people who are actually working on the show) to really get a sense of the production status. We haven't received any new information since Shredder's VA was announced. Perhaps the criticism on the animation designs led to an adjustment in the animation studios working on the designs and creating a delay. But we can only forecast at this point, just like with second comings. This information is simply too vague to confirm that a new series is really about to begin. Remember, 1987's pilot progress was mentioned in Raphael #1 second printing a couple months before that show started, and even mentioned specific progress, such as mentioning that they've seen two completed episodes, and this was before the Internet age!
Let's hope so because the turtles presented to this date look not very good. They should be more mature in my opinion and less CGI. I am dreaming about a comic-style TMNT animated serie. More dark and mature (i.e. SPAWN THE ANIMATED SERIE).

Also the ninjaturtles.com still says GET READY TO NINJA ACTION IN 2011...
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #997
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Is it just me... or do they look more like Turtle Tots than Turtle Teens.... Either thay just hit 13... or the NickToons will be called Tweenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #998
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Is it just me... or do they look more like Turtle Tots than Turtle Teens.... Either thay just hit 13... or the NickToons will be called Tweenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
Giving Michaelangelo freckles was silly IMHO. That is probably to make him shown to be the innocent and fun-loving one. Otherwise I don't think they look 13 more like 15/16 like they are.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #999
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Is it just me... or do they look more like Turtle Tots than Turtle Teens.... Either thay just hit 13... or the NickToons will be called Tweenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Giving Michaelangelo freckles was silly IMHO. That is probably to make him shown to be the innocent and fun-loving one. Otherwise I don't think they look 13 more like 15/16 like they are.
What context are you guys judging this on? Have you ever seen a real 15/16 year old mutant turtle?
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #1000
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
What context are you guys judging this on? Have you ever seen a real 15/16 year old mutant turtle?
You have a point. I was comparing it to other renditions to TMNT that existed before. The only thing really to me that stood out for an attempt to make them look young were the freckles on Mike's cheeks.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.