The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Multi-colored or all Red headbands in the IDW comic?
Multi-colored 58 48.74%
Red 61 51.26%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #41
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Red like the blood that pours from my back I was stabbed in by Tom Waltz who made them the rainbow brigade because he felt like it.
Over-dramatic, I know. Don't give a sh*t.


TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #42
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
I haven't read so far what felt as a good thing to me in reading the original comics with uni-colored bandanas...sometimes it only added interest int the character when you were not quite sure which turtles said something now...to me that only added enjoyment to the whole adventures...so my mind was figuring out who would think like him?hmmm.I think this must be michelangelo here...just as an example, in fact I cannot honestly remember a time where I had to stop and think about who is talking at the moment(when his weapon was off-camera)....
but I took that as an added bonus to the writing
give em all one color sometime down the road I say!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #43
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post


*no hampsters were harmed durring the shooting of this picture. this was a trained hampster utilizing the skills it has learned at John's Pet Store for the Arts.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #44
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Well, on the bright side, Tom and Bobby have both seen this thread and they know how important those all red bandanas are to us fans. Just look at the poll. This story may have the multi-colored, but hopefully when/if there is a relaunch we can just stay red this time. The way it should be.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #45
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
I just hope IDW won't take this as a need to want to change them back to the red bandanas because I knew ahead of time that the Comic section of this forum would be overwhelmingly one-sided (which is why I wanted it in a different section to include the entire fandom). In fact I will go ahead and make a pledge to stop buying the TMNT comics IF they would try to go back to all red as a result. I did it with my beloved X-Men when Marvel foolishly took them out of their 1990's Jim Lee uniforms and could do it with TMNT as well if I had to.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #46
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I just hope IDW won't take this as a need to want to change them back to the red bandanas because I knew ahead of time that the Comic section of this forum would be overwhelmingly one-sided (which is why I wanted it in a different section to include the entire fandom). In fact I will go ahead and make a pledge to stop buying the TMNT comics IF they would try to go back to all red as a result. I did it with my beloved X-Men when Marvel foolishly took them out of their 1990's Jim Lee uniforms and could do it with TMNT as well if I had to.
Well, some fan you are. Even us red bandana lovers never threatened to stop buying the comics because of the change. That's stupid. Only if the writing turned to crap. Which I would be shocked if it did, because leaving out the banadna switch, I have LOVED everything Tom Waltz has done for the book. Most of us have. You post is a very good example as how the all red turtles did infact weed out some of THOSE turtle fans. Like you. Just sayin'.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The thing is Coil, though some of us have little problem with the colored bandanas in other media, we were hoping the comics would stay true to...well...the comics and keep the all red masks. I'm sure if you took out the qualifier "In the IDW series" it wouldn't be so one sided. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that outside the comics I don't care if they wear tie-dyed or polka-dotted masks...ok maybe that was a bit much.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The thing is Coil, though some of us have little problem with the colored bandanas in other media, we were hoping the comics would stay true to...well...the comics and keep the all red masks. I'm sure if you took out the qualifier "In the IDW series" it wouldn't be so one sided. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that outside the comics I don't care if they wear tie-dyed or polka-dotted masks...ok maybe that was a bit much.
I have said before that in other media they should wear the colors. Because it's always been like that in the media. But the comic turtles should wear red. It's how it has always been with the comics. Can you imagine if all other media made the switch to all red!? It would be madness. Everyone would complain about it, even though that's how the creators originally had them. Some of you Multi-colored lovers think about that position. You would be pissed if those pesky all red bandana Turtles made their way into movies, shows, and toys.

Last edited by Samhain; 01-18-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
A movie with all Red bandanas would be pretty sweet.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #50
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I still wish we could get a stylized black, white, and red animated adaptation of TMNT #1. That would be awesome!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #51
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Would be nice to see Viacom do something like what Marvel and DC do with the animated feature films.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can already feel like its going to turn into a more mature take on the original cartoon with some Mirage elements mixed in. Meaning no "Turtle Power" but its still taking nearly every main element of the old series.

The ONLY Mirage stuff in it so far is a black Baxter Stockman and April working as his assistant. Everything else, even the now pseudo-Hamato Yoshi and Splinter are the same entity again...is taken from the old show.
When you put it like that, that's kinda true, isn't it?

Quote:
I strongly believe General Traag will show up at some point too. If Tom is smart he'll do a Triceraton Vs. Krang/Traag/Rock Soldier war over the Fugitoid/Utroms....maybe they'll just ignore the Federation in this adaption.
I dunno... I think you lost me somewhere in there, but I think it's clear things are spiraling towards some kind of multi-faction free for all (Krang and his people/aliens/mutants vs. Shredder and his people/mutants/aliens, Old Hob and StockGen perhaps becoming some kind of in-the-middle faction or just being enveloped into one of the other two, and then the Turtles caught in the middle of it all).
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #53
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Woah! Bobby C. voted "red"! A rift between him and Tommy boy perhaps?!
All I can say is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raph_sewer.jpg (53.5 KB, 49 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #54
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Clever,Mr. Waltz!

Raphael THE red mask!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #55
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I voted red, for reasons I have expressed quite a bit.

But, I will say that I was eventually curious to see the colored bandanas in the IDW series. I may have even wanted the transition down the line. But, for me it was too soon. I was still soaking up the enjoyment I was getting from the red bandanas. I wanted to see them take on The Shredder and the foot in red, amongst other things. The colors could have set the stage later down the line, for a new set of stories.

The change to colored bandanas would have worked better for me, had it happened down the line, after we had actually seen some character growth and all-red ninja action!

Also, I know some members here thought that the way Tom integrated the colored bandana's worked really well. Now, while I love a lot of what Tom has done, I can't agree with this. It just doesn't feel organic to me. Yes, its a clever route from point a to point b, but it still blatantly screams the fact that it's a plot device to get them in colors.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #56
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Breaking news! This just in... legendary rockstar Sammy Hagar has cast his vote!

TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #57
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Clever plot device or not as long as we have the four different colors. I'm not a fan of red masked killers my preference comes more of multi-colored mask turtles who fight villains to send them to jail and let the cops take care of the rest.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
my preference comes more of
The Fred Wolf cartoon, yes, we get it. It's cool.

Quote:
multi-colored mask turtles who fight villains to send them to jail and let the cops take care of the rest.
Nothing would make me walk away from the book faster than that if that became the status quo. Number 1: Why would the Turtles even be fighting crime? They're mutant freaks that live in a sewer and aren't part of our world and both Tom and Bobby have affirmed they want to maintain the "outcast" aspect. Number 2: What a ridiculous scenario. It's not one in any way exclusive to the Fred Wolf show or anything, in fact it's quite the norm in Batman comics of yore and all that -- you know, the whole, corny tie up some muggers/thieves/whatever with a little note so that the cops find them and the cops are just supposed to lock them up for hard time, as if the cops had been reading the same book we have/watching the same episode as us. How would that even work? What evidence would there be for police to book the criminals? A note from the Turtles? Would that be presented before the jury? When they arrive at the station all beat up from the Turtles, wouldn't that look pretty damning for the police officer booking them? It's absolutely retarded through and through.

Unfortunately, a scenario like this kind of DID play out in the Raphael special. Casey tied up Bebop and Rocksteady and told Raph, "I'll tie up the goons, call the cops" ... what was supposed to happen, exactly? What would the charge be, and how would they be held accountable for it? Casey wasn't going to be a witness. The cops would just show up and see a couple of guys tied up -- if anything, they'd have a pretty good place to play the victim(s). Because this is Raphael and Casey's regular two-man vigilante show, it makes sense in its own right (they're not really out there to mop up any streets, they just want to bust heads to blow off steam... and they might as well be criminals whose heads are the ones getting busted).

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #59
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Nothing would make me walk away from the book faster than that if that became the status quo. Number 1: Why would the Turtles even be fighting crime? They're mutant freaks that live in a sewer and aren't part of our world and both Tom and Bobby have affirmed they want to maintain the "outcast" aspect. Number 2: What a ridiculous scenario. It's not one in any way exclusive to the Fred Wolf show or anything, in fact it's quite the norm in Batman comics of yore and all that -- you know, the whole, corny tie up some muggers/thieves/whatever with a little note so that the cops find them and the cops are just supposed to lock them up for hard time, as if the cops had been reading the same book we have/watching the same episode as us. How would that even work? What evidence would there be for police to book the criminals? A note from the Turtles? Would that be presented before the jury? When they arrive at the station all beat up from the Turtles, wouldn't that look pretty damning for the police officer booking them? It's absolutely retarded through and through.

Unfortunately, a scenario like this kind of DID play out in the Raphael special. Casey tied up Bebop and Rocksteady and told Raph, "I'll tie up the goons, call the cops" ... what was supposed to happen, exactly? What would the charge be, and how would they be held accountable for it? Casey wasn't going to be a witness. The cops would just show up and see a couple of guys tied up -- if anything, they'd have a pretty good place to play the victim(s). Because this is Raphael and Casey's regular two-man vigilante show, it makes sense in its own right (they're not really out there to mop up any streets, they just want to bust heads to blow off steam... and they might as well be criminals whose heads are the ones getting busted).
Pretty much on the same page as you on this issue. As for Raphael #1, I guess the only way it could play out is if Bebop & Rocksteady had prior records, which could be a safe assumption. Sure, there's not much to pin on them for that particular incident, but I'm guessing calling the cops doesn't hurt. The cops may even already be familiar with these frequent trouble-makers, so thugs probably still aren't looking forward to running into them. Again, not looking for this to become the status quo, but when they're just a bunch of goons, killing them in cold blood may seem a bit too harsh, so just leaving them to the cops is probably all they can do.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #60
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Red.

That being said it's not a huge deal for me. If the worst thing we have to complain about the new book is multi coloured masks then we've gotten off lightly.

That being said the argument about the turtles being individuals and being teenagers who generaly hate conformity only makes so much sense. Why stop at individialy coloured masks? Why not give each turtle their own "look"? Don can have a utility belt for his gadgets, Leo can wear a ninja cloak, Mike a T-Shirt with his favourite band etc

The other argument that it is a right of passage doesn't make much sense either. It made sorta sense in the IDW book but in general shouldn't they dress more like individuals after they fulfilled their mission to kill the Shredder (assuming that is their mission in the new book). Their mission accomplished they're then free to do what they want.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.