The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #1061
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Well how about this.
If the figures come out and don't look like you want them to I'll be more than happy to make them look as you want for a few dollars and shipping of course.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #1062
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
I do like the more detailed versions and hope that those are the ones we get. But I'm so excited about being able to buy TMNT toys in stores again I won't be too dissapointed if the less detailed ones are the ones we get.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #1063
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well how about this.
If the figures come out and don't look like you want them to I'll be more than happy to make them look as you want for a few dollars and shipping of course.
While I'm not into collecting custom figures myself, I am very interested to see what you can do with these sculpts. I'm looking forward to a all red headband set. I think they would look sweet.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #1064
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Soooooo.. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the talk of taking the classics into a monthly thing like Matty does..... would you guys like this? I for one would like it.. it'll keep my pocket fuller and just the anticipation for next months figure!
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #1065
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Man i can't wait much longer lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #1066
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
Soooooo.. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the talk of taking the classics into a monthly thing like Matty does..... would you guys like this? I for one would like it.. it'll keep my pocket fuller and just the anticipation for next months figure!
Personally, I'm more excited to track these down the old fashioned way. (I can budget for these with my limited extra cash; I already get MOTUC monthly.)
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #1067
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
I want the figures for this new show to be spaced out by a couple of months . There's no way I'll be able to keep up and get what I want if they all come out at once.
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1068
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well how about this.
If the figures come out and don't look like you want them to I'll be more than happy to make them look as you want for a few dollars and shipping of course.
I may have to take you up on this...
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #1069
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Release the more detailed figures Playmates. No one likes a tease.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #1070
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but it's wrong. The less detailed ones indeed have double jointed knees. It's just the angles of the pics don't show them. I have seen other angles from the toy show where you can see the joint.
In fairness, double-jointed knees on a figure with no ankle joints... not really that useful.

I would not at all be a fan of the classic figures being released in a monthly MOTUC-style format. $15-20 each is already too much; I have no interest whatsoever in paying for shipping on top of that.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #1071
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
Soooooo.. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the talk of taking the classics into a monthly thing like Matty does..... would you guys like this? I for one would like it.. it'll keep my pocket fuller and just the anticipation for next months figure!
Is this true? If so it would be perfect, especially if they spaced out the main turtles to allow for some villains and secondary characters.

Something like;

August = Leonardo
September = Foot Soldier
October = Splinter
November = Raphael
December = Shredder
January = April O'Neil
February = Donatello
March = Rocksteady
April = Casey Jones
May = Michaelangelo
June = Baxter Stockman
July = Bebop
August = Slash

Obviously, it could be any secondary character but spacing out the turtles to every 3rd month means they could reuse the tool on the turtles and have some cost saving
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1072
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
I could get into something like that. I just hope they'll be in good supply. I don't want to have to pay 20 or 30 dollars each for these on ebay.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #1073
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
Is this true? If so it would be perfect, especially if they spaced out the main turtles to allow for some villains and secondary characters.

Something like;

August = Leonardo
September = Foot Soldier
October = Splinter
November = Raphael
December = Shredder
January = April O'Neil
February = Donatello
March = Rocksteady
April = Casey Jones
May = Michaelangelo
June = Baxter Stockman
July = Bebop
August = Slash

Obviously, it could be any secondary character but spacing out the turtles to every 3rd month means they could reuse the tool on the turtles and have some cost saving
I COULD get behind this as long as Digital River is out of the equation... and the Turtles not being on sale on Matty day... Also I'd switch Shredder with the Foot Soldier.

Hopefully Playmates retail Distribution of the TMNTC will not suck as much as the retail presence of Mattel lines.
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #1074
Dampiel
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
Soooooo.. not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the talk of taking the classics into a monthly thing like Matty does..... would you guys like this? I for one would like it.. it'll keep my pocket fuller and just the anticipation for next months figure!
No, in fact that would be a sure way to make me NOT collect this line.
Dampiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #1075
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Ok, since I'm not going to go through the 25 or so pages of posts that have been posted in the last week, am I understanding this right:

The new Classic line of TMNT are going to cost $10-15 per figure? If so, that means they're not just 'regular' toys then, right? Playmates obviously made them to get the OT fans on board with the new show?

Also, the new line isn't my favorite, but I do agree that the detail is incredible. One thing I hate is the huge feet. The last TMNT movie figures had huge feet, and now these have even BIGGER feet. Is it because they suck at making toys that can stand on their own, and they need the extra support, or what? I'm just not a fan of that part of them.

I would love to see a continuation of the Classics line, if that's what it is, and not just what they have coming out soon. But honestly, that's just wishful thinking.

Oh, and I love the articulation of the Classics line. Not so much if you're just wanting to keep them in it's package, but if you want to take pictures of battle scenes/make movies (like I do), you couldn't ask for more. I just hope the super articulated fingers actually HOLD the weapons.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1076
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uki View Post
Personally, I'm more excited to track these down the old fashioned way. (I can budget for these with my limited extra cash; I already get MOTUC monthly.)
...... Uki sounds familiar..... you on the Org?
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #1077
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_ock_4mugen View Post
I COULD get behind this as long as Digital River is out of the equation... and the Turtles not being on sale on Matty day... Also I'd switch Shredder with the Foot Soldier.

Hopefully Playmates retail Distribution of the TMNTC will not suck as much as the retail presence of Mattel lines.
Yes!! NO DIGITAL RIVER! and definitely not on Matty Day!
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1078
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I don't see any reason that they shouldn't release the classics line in March or April. I don't care whether they release them one a month or all at once. I don't see the point in waiting until August to release a line of characters that were on TV over twenty years ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #1079
Zage
Hench Mutant
 
Zage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
...... Uki sounds familiar..... you on the Org?
Yes he is, & under the same name, too. I'm also on the org, under the name Lewd_Squirrel.
__________________
My top 10 "never been made" figures that I wanna see are:

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun


Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #1080
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Yep, that's me!!!

I haven't been on the Org as much; it seems negativity is reigning supreme over there at the moment. I wholeheartedly agree with people expressing their opinions, but doing it over and over again ad nauseum gets a bit old. I'm a happy kinda guy; that stuff brings me down.

I've been having fun here with all the great news and overall good vibes! (I don't visit the 'Drome as often as I should-obviously! 10 year member with such a sad little post-count.)
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.