The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #1541
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Did they just completely disregard the existence of the 2k3? It kinda sounds like it.
No. They disregarded the OT as the quote only mentions productions since the film.

Quote:
The Ninja Turtles first graced in live-action form with Steve Barron's low-budget 1990 feature, and the franchise went on to spawn a further three theatrical releases, along with a live-action television show (Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation) and two subsequent animated series, the most recent of which is set to premiere in the U.S. on Nickelodeon on March 31st.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 02-15-2012 at 10:09 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #1542
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Spoiler:


Mikey looks scared of the spray paint, Raph looks like he's high....
They look like they're freakin' 10 years old. Just... no. No.

The more I see of this series, the more I cannot stand it. It... it does not feel like the Turtles to me. I'm sorry, but that's how it is.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #1543
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
I know it's a minor nit-pick, but the only thing I don't like about the new design is the Turtles' heads. I'm so used to them having more pronounced "cheeks", but in the new design it's so extremely subtle, it's almost non-existent. Their heads just kind of look like round balls.

Again, it's just a minor nit-pick. I totally dig the rest of their body design. I'm just used to a little more chub in the cheek. lol.

(Also, a little more "snout/beak".)
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #1544
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know I love how the Foot Soldiers look. Almost as cool as the ones from the 4kids series. I was worried they'd be goofy looking.
Totally! I loved the Foot Soldiers from tmnt forever also
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #1545
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
The more I see of this series, the more I cannot stand it. It... it does not feel like the Turtles to me. I'm sorry, but that's how it is.
You haven't seen anything but pictures. Don't write it off until you've watched at least the first few episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #1546
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
They look like they're freakin' 10 years old. Just... no. No.

The more I see of this series, the more I cannot stand it. It... it does not feel like the Turtles to me. I'm sorry, but that's how it is.
I really do NOT understand this mindset. I can understand not being partial to the designs, but to say it doesn't feel like the turtles...

What DOES? They've been everything from claymation pasta pushers to live action action figures who love trains to animated characters in varying styles. You're just being difficult.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #1547
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
They look like they're freakin' 10 years old. Just... no. No.

The more I see of this series, the more I cannot stand it. It... it does not feel like the Turtles to me. I'm sorry, but that's how it is.
So, if you took the ''Teenage'' part out of it, would you watch it? Gimme a break. The Tmnt and their universe doesn't have to be dark and edgy with real fights to be ''cool''. And you haven't seen any of the series yet so don't write it off until you've actually seen a few episodes.

Last edited by Samhain; 02-16-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #1548
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
They kinda do look like preteens, now that I think of it.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #1549
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't mind the designs that much. I agree that the cheeks aren't as pronounced as they've been before, but that's a minor thing. I really like the expressions regarding the spray paint though.

And, LM, I understand you're not on board with this series, but you really need to give it a chance. It might surprise you.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #1550
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I actually think they look cooler, no offense to the 4kids Foot (who do in fact look awesome).
I can't really think of a foot solider in any of the series that looked bad. Even the purple robot foot was pretty cool.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #1551
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
No. They disregarded the OT as the quote only mentions productions since the film.
gobo get's an A+ for reading comprehension. The rest of you fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I can't really think of a foot solider in any of the series that looked bad. Even the purple robot foot was pretty cool.

-ms
There's been some stupid one's here and there... "Leatherhead, Too" comes to mind. "Next Mutation" goes without saying.

Back to the positive: I love the Foot Ninja design, it looks like they took the design from the first movie and adapted it to their stylized look.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #1552
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I just hope the Turtles Vs. Foot fights can match some of the ones in the 4kids series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #1553
Tabetaira Hamato
Thug
 
Tabetaira Hamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canary Islands
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just hope the Turtles Vs. Foot fights can match some of the ones in the 4kids series.
I agree The action scenes were pretty sweet. And more so considering it was a kids cartoon. I would be happy if the new series are anything like that.

Has anyone seen Kung Fu Panda new series? Are the action scenes good? Maybe TMNT will be in the same lines.. What do you think?
__________________
[Searching for a quote/image/gif/whatever ]
Tabetaira Hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #1554
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabetaira Hamato View Post
Has anyone seen Kung Fu Panda new series? Are the action scenes good? Maybe TMNT will be in the same lines.. What do you think?
The action scenes aren't bad here's a video of Shifu fighting.
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/kung...down-clip.html
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #1555
Tabetaira Hamato
Thug
 
Tabetaira Hamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canary Islands
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
The action scenes aren't bad here's a video of Shifu fighting.
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/kung...down-clip.html
"This video is not available in your location." Why do I have to live here?
Thanks anyway . I'll see if I can watch it next time they show it on my TV.
__________________
[Searching for a quote/image/gif/whatever ]
Tabetaira Hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1556
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Any word on if this is going to air on Nickelodeon or NickToons? I'd hate to subscribe to NickToons for just the one show...
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #1557
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Any word on if this is going to air on Nickelodeon or NickToons? I'd hate to subscribe to NickToons for just the one show...
Nickelodeon.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #1558
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Nickelodeon.

-ms
Which is cool, since MOST folks who have cable or satelitte get the regular Nick even if they don't get the others.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #1559
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Nickelodeon.

-ms
Sweet, thanks!
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #1560
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
Which is cool, since MOST folks who have cable or satelitte get the regular Nick even if they don't get the others.
like me. when i had read that the show would start and air the same time as it will in the US, then i kinda figured it would air on Nickelodeon and not on NickToons cause we don't get that up here
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.