The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #141
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Which releases contained slipcovers originally?

I know of Season 1, Volume 5, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 8 and Season 9.
I think you meant Season 7, not 6. Other than that, that's all I ever had.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #142
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
That they did. Glad they wised up though to put them out. Now turtles can be one of the few Cartoon series to get an entire release.
Well if they're going to do anything, they need to do it right.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #143
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
I'm a little confused. It was during the fifth season that I was in fifth grade and stopped watching. Wikipedia says that there was 22 episodes in the fifth season. But I'm pretty sure the dvd set for the fifth season had 18 episodes. So there would be four missing episodes right? However, wikipedia also says that the forth season had 39 episodes. And the dvd set had 40 episodes. So I don't know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...episodes#ref_a
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #144
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I think you meant Season 7, not 6. Other than that, that's all I ever had.
No I mean Season 6. Season 7 had the "slices" which came in huge boxes but I wasn't counting those.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #145
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
well this is awsome news cant wait to get my copy.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #146
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I'm a little confused. It was during the fifth season that I was in fifth grade and stopped watching. Wikipedia says that there was 22 episodes in the fifth season. But I'm pretty sure the DVD set for the fifth season had 18 episodes. So there would be four missing episodes right? However, wikipedia also says that the fourth season had 39 episodes. And the DVD set had 40 episodes. So I don't know...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...episodes#ref_a
The volume 6 disc (a.k.a. the season 3-volume 4 disc) has an episode that's also on the season 4 set. That episode is "Plan 6 from Outer Space". That's why the fourth season set has 40 episodes. The official TMNT site, however, counts that as a season 4 episode.

The official TMNT site has "The Turtles and the Hare" listed among the fifth season episodes, and that's on the fourth season set, when it should probably be among the episodes in the fifth season set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #147
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
No I mean Season 6. Season 7 had the "slices" which came in huge boxes but I wasn't counting those.
Oh. Well, my Season 6 is on the shelf w/o one, but my Complete Season 7 has one.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #148
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Could some of the special features be the Turtle Tip shorts?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #149
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I hope so...it'll shut you up.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #150
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I doubt it, but I wish they were all the turtle tips shorts together are almost a full length episode, they include the original VAs and feature brand new animation, they aren't all that preachy counting they are PSAs they are legitimately nostalgic and enjoyable and I never saw them as a kid.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
I wonder if Lionsgate is even aware the Turtle Tip shorts exist.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #152
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Oh. Well, my Season 6 is on the shelf w/o one, but my Complete Season 7 has one.
Yeah I was considering upgrading to the complete to save shelf space -- but it seems like such a waste of $$$. Maybe I will just get a 4 disc case and consolidate that way.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #153
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder if Lionsgate is even aware the Turtle Tip shorts exist.
only one way to find out
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #154
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
I still want a complete series DVD set, the episodes are not only in terrible order as they are but the packaging has been terrible and they crammed too many episodes in discs. I'd double dip without a question if the complete series has nice artwork or is consistent in some way. And yes those turtle tips would make an amazing bonus. Here's hoping with the new movie and series Lionsgate will find a way to cash in.

As for the Japanese OVA, who even owns the rights? Would it be at all possible for some company to get the rights to dub it and release it on DVD?
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #155
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
only one way to find out
I'll go get the voodoo dolls... by gumbo.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #156
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'll go get the voodoo dolls... by gumbo.
no no no silly that's not what i meant at all
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #157
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Soooo happpyyyyyy~!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #158
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I still want a complete series DVD set, the episodes are not only in terrible order as they are but the packaging has been terrible and they crammed too many episodes in discs. I'd double dip without a question if the complete series has nice artwork or is consistent in some way. And yes those turtle tips would make an amazing bonus. Here's hoping with the new movie and series Lionsgate will find a way to cash in.

As for the Japanese OVA, who even owns the rights? Would it be at all possible for some company to get the rights to dub it and release it on DVD?
What terrible order are they in? They skipped two Season 5 episodes and it was obvious the European Vacation episodes would be released later on due to the messed up order they aired in the U.S. originally.

Even Season 10 is being properly released so we don't have to go back to the Season 1 DVD to watch 4 episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #159
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Indeed, this is nowhere near 4Kids TMNT levels of out-of-order-ness.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #160
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

As for the Japanese OVA, who even owns the rights? Would it be at all possible for some company to get the rights to dub it and release it on DVD?
I've been...distant...from the fandom for a couple years now, but as I Recall there is question if it was made legally. So there are whole extra legal holes there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.