The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #2941
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
as VaughnMichael said in an earlier post...I'm so glad to see these at retail again, such a great sight
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #2942
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
At least your stuff wasn't in that UPS truck that run into a river a couple weeks ago. I bet when people saw that, they thought 'Crap, I hope MY stuff wasn't on that truck...'.
lol reminds me of a time I was going down south and there was a 10 mile pile up bc a FedEx truck had lost it's entire contents all over the road, just a complete disaster
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #2943
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Just got back from TRU, they finally put them out, but they said it was last Friday, so they were picked over. No special display, they were just on an end cap mixed with MIB stuff. I picked up a Foot Soldier, not gonna army build, but would like to have 2 or 3 of them opened. They had 2 Kraang's, 2 Shredder's, 1 Splinter, & 1 Donnie. It looked like the vehicles were untouched & it looked like they got in 2 cases of the Battle Shell figures, but 1 Don was sold. I definitely agree it's awesome to see TMNT again at retail.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #2944
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
this is an atrocious oversight.
Expecting any better than that?

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2945
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
ZING!!!

__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #2946
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
the possibilities are endless for the Nick turtles.
Good repaints


Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
ZING!!!

Any luck finding em in retail yet DG?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #2947
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Very nice black shadow repaints. And I love the Kraang.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #2948
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
I hit TRU today in Merrillville, Indiana and snatched the last four turtles they had. I spoke with an associate who didn't even know that the turtles were back (like they ever left, come on dude!). He said he couldn't believe how quickly they were being sold out. Come on dude, these ain't Gi Joes!

Merrillville has the Shellraiser, the stealth bike, and the storage shell turtles.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #2949
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I'm going ot be on the lookout for foot soldiers and kraangs so I can build a small army of each I am really in love with these figures! Wish I had the skill to do some customs, ones posted a few posts up are REALLY cool looking
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #2950
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
I finally got the basic Turtles and Shreddy-bear (they weren't carrying any Foot soldiers) at the nearest Toys "R" Us while on a rat-fetching mission for my snake. So glad I checked. Now, to hunt down my sculptor friend...

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #2951
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
the possibilities are endless for the Nick turtles.
I seriously want them to paint the turtles in the way you did them. I played that game quite a bit online that these are showcased on and it's fun as hell.

Also, that Slash. I was seriously thinking of having someone customize a Slash for me here at some point. I see you chose to use Mikey. I was going to go with Raph myself for a base.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #2952
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
the possibilities are endless for the Nick turtles.
Dude! Those customs are awesome!
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #2953
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
Also, that Slash. I was seriously thinking of having someone customize a Slash for me here at some point. I see you chose to use Mikey. I was going to go with Raph myself for a base.
I think using Raph as Slash would be the obvious choice, but with each turtle having different heights and builds, it could very easily wind up looking like just a repainted Raph. I'm excited to see the various takes on characters as these customs become more and more.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #2954
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Anyone found the Classics line on the shelves yet?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #2955
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Anyone found the Classics line on the shelves yet?
Not yet.

Color me crazy, but I picked up my second Storage Shell Donatello yesterday. That they're TRU Exclusive, coupled with the fact that they only come 4 in a box (one of each Turtle) makes them an extra hot item in my opinion.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #2956
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
granted I'm taking inflation into account but do any of you remember what the retail was on the original 12in turtles were?
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #2957
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Not yet.

Color me crazy, but I picked up my second Storage Shell Donatello yesterday. That they're TRU Exclusive, coupled with the fact that they only come 4 in a box (one of each Turtle) makes them an extra hot item in my opinion.
That means you have one to open and put on display and store the other one with the rest. Nothing crazy about that.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #2958
Booger_eater!
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: earth
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
I seriously want them to paint the turtles in the way you did them. I played that game quite a bit online that these are showcased on and it's fun as hell.

Also, that Slash. I was seriously thinking of having someone customize a Slash for me here at some point. I see you chose to use Mikey. I was going to go with Raph myself for a base.
Thanks and I ended up using Leo for slash but mike was my first pick and raph was just a little too raph.

Last edited by Booger_eater!; 07-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Booger_eater! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #2959
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
That means you have one to open and put on display and store the other one with the rest. Nothing crazy about that.
That's the plan! At $25 a pop, it's a little nuts, but hey, I'm an excited Turtles fan...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #2960
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Ok, so I haven't been paying extremely close attention to everyone's pictures, but do some of your Turtles (the Nick ones) have pupils painted on them? Mine don't, but I saw a picture on Twitter posted of a Raph that has pupils. I'm wondering if this is a thing I should be looking for.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.