The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2041
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
That's not too good.
My Raph Stealth Turtle was missing his goggles, but I have that second set ordered.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #2042
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The front end has a firing missile (but you would miss it, as it looks like part of the grill), from the orange button by the steering column.
The front bumper looks like it should retract, and extend, but it doesn't.

The bike is quite light, but it does look nice enough.
Isn't it supposed to light up at the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Just found a set of the 4 Stealth Turtles.

Described as OOZE Turtles! The pic is definitely the Stealthy Dudes! So I ordered a set. Should have them in 2 days. If in deed they are OOZE dudes, then they can be opened and drive the buggies. Win win scenario!
Uh, I doubt the Ooze figures will fit in the patrol buggies. No leg articulation on them.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #2043
Cowabungawolf89
Stone Warrior
 
Cowabungawolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 591
I might order the Stealth Tech turtles from Amazon. I did see them on there.
__________________
Go Green Machine!
It's Ninja Time!
Turtle Power!
Cowabungawolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #2044
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabungawolf89 View Post
I might order the Stealth Tech turtles from Amazon. I did see them on there.
yeah but not at retail price, not with prime shipping, and not sold/shipped by amazon.com... but yeah technically you can get them on there for about $12-15 + shipping at the moment

rat king and cockroach terminator still going for about $30/ea + shipping

of course prices will come down, but it took foreeeeever for leatherhead & friends to get at reasonable prices on amazon
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #2045
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The front end has a firing missile (but you would miss it, as it looks like part of the grill), from the orange button by the steering column.
The front bumper looks like it should retract, and extend, but it doesn't.

The bike is quite light, but it does look nice enough.
Sounds over-all disappointing, tbh. If I had to guess, I would say that gray piece that looks like it could be a light, but doesn't have any other color on it like the actual light up by the handlebars, is the missile you're talking about. I have to admit, that front bumper would have been my first guess as to something gimmick related. If this came with a Raph or a Mikey figure I probably would get it, but as-is it's an easy pass for me.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #2046
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Isn't it supposed to light up at the front?

The 'light' is what the missile is, so nothing lights up.

Uh, I doubt the Ooze figures will fit in the patrol buggies. No leg articulation on them.
I hadn't thought of that!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #2047
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant
 
Toadtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Cockroach is nice, if, like Learherhead , he is undersized.
Concept art set Cockroach to four feet at the top of his prothorax. His secondary mutation is between seven and eight feet tall.

I'd say the Cockroach figure is either at the right height or ever so slightly oversized.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #2048
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
yeah but not at retail price, not with prime shipping, and not sold/shipped by amazon.com... but yeah technically you can get them on there for about $12-15 + shipping at the moment

rat king and cockroach terminator still going for about $30/ea + shipping

of course prices will come down, but it took foreeeeever for leatherhead & friends to get at reasonable prices on amazon
I don't mind retail price. Actually, I'd really like getting retail prices !!!

Irony is that I have to deal with imported product as it is not actually licenced or marketed here. Don't know why.

Eventually everything becomes available on line.
I pay about £8 per figure ($12) which I have no complaints about.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #2049
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Weird how the bike doesn't light up like it's advertised to...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #2050
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Weird how the bike doesn't light up like it's advertised to...
Unless there is something specifically saying "lights up", I think you just interpreted the picture incorrectly. I thought it was to light up as well, but I'm thinking the light up effect in picture is actually a blast effect from the missile.
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #2051
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
coming out October:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...35&mode=retail
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #2052
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
Nice! Good to see these guys being up for pre-order. Boo on that price tag though. Hoping TRU keeps them at $19.99.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #2053
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Thanks for that link Colonel
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #2054
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
better quality movie classics leo pics: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...medium=twitter
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #2055
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
better quality movie classics leo pics: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...medium=twitter
Thanks. I prefer the first classics, but I'll get these.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #2056
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I'm definitely looking forward to these classics, can't wait to see the sculpts of the other turtles.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2057
demonsweat
Stone Warrior
 
demonsweat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: a warm place
Posts: 555
So I managed to snag a Rat King at SDCC. I thought you guys might appreciate a few pics:

Like stated, he's not really too poseable. His legs shift a little but don't bend at the knee; the arms bend at the shoulder but not the elbow (though the arms twist so you can turn his hands).
Spoiler:




Here are some close-ups of his face... actually some nice detail here. You can even see a few wisps of black hair behind his head.
Spoiler:




He comes packaged with his staff and the little white Socrates rat. There's no place to actually attach the rat to him, but you can balance it in his hand.
Spoiler:



Overall, I think he looks pretty cool. The mold on his clothes and hat are simple, but have some nice, ratty detail - no pun intended. The one beef I have is that the rats on his coat are solid black, same as what he's wearing. It would've been nice if they were painted too (I may paint mine at some point). Something else I thought would've been a nice touch is if his hat and face bandage came off in a single piece, revealing his zombie eyes. I'd pay a few extra bucks for that variant.
__________________
stuff to read: fanfiction.net / deviantArt
stuff to look at: Sweat's Dojo / Screencap Gallery
demonsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #2058
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I found that if you use the curl in the tail as a hook , the rat can stay on the hand without falling off.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #2059
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
better quality movie classics leo pics: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=...medium=twitter
O wow, Thanks for the link, these Movie Classics looks so cool. Can't wait t get my hands on them!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #2060
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
He looks good but something is a bit off about the head but he's leaps and bounds better than Bebop & Rocksteady.
If I could request only two things it would be to give the figure the "Muppet" texture that Palisades gave to their Muppet line.
Also to put some place on the package a dedication to Jim Henson.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.