The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #2821
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
I was hoping they would show Slash and the newer figures on the Wal-Mart list.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #2822
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
i picked up a ninjas in training raph and mikey, and a mouser 7 pack yesterday at toys r us. they only had one of each of those. there were a couple packs of the ninjas in training leo and dons, 1 rat king, and a lot of the usuals.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #2823
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant
 
Slime State Alumni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Slime City
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Did anyone ever mention the retooling of the Classic Collection rerelease Shredder's leg? I saw a review for him recently and noticed it's not the same position it was before. Or am I going crazy?
Oh I didn't even realize that. Why the retool?
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #2824
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Finally got the NIT Raph and Mike and a MOUSERS pack.

The Mousers are amazing. I thought they were going to be solid pieces of plastic outside of maybe their mouths, but they have articulated legs, a ball-jointed neck and the mouth.

It's things like this that makes me rethink my back and forth thoughts on how Playmates is doing with the TMNT license.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #2825
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
If you slightly put on legs slightly forward and one is flat you can make them look liek they are walking forward, then never were graceful in any series.

Kind of have to balance it out with the head.

I am actually glad they didn't make the knees and ankles jointed it would be super delicate and unless they were metal pins or metal in the feet,the head would probably make the figures fall over.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #2826
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Oh I didn't even realize that. Why the retool?
To make him stand better basically as the vintage Shredder is a pain to stand.

Still not as bad as Chromedome though. I think you basically MUST use a stand to get him to stay up thanks to his way too tiny feet.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #2827
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
To make him stand better basically as the vintage Shredder is a pain to stand.

Still not as bad as Chromedome though. I think you basically MUST use a stand to get him to stay up thanks to his way too tiny feet.
Those arched/bent feet were the fatal flaw of many old TMNT figures. There was no need for that tippytoes feature, it was a hindrance that added nothing to design.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #2828
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Those arched/bent feet were the fatal flaw of many old TMNT figures. There was no need for that tippytoes feature, it was a hindrance that added nothing to design.
And sadly they still do it with the new line.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #2829
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
And sadly they still do it with the new line.
Yeah, but much, MUCH less than they used to. Thank god the turtles' feet are flat.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #2830
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Yeah, but much, MUCH less than they used to. Thank god the turtles' feet are flat.
Oh for sure, I really like the Nick toon line a lot so far.
They've come a very long way, though I do miss the fantastic sculpts the old toy line had.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #2831
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Oh for sure, I really like the Nick toon line a lot so far.
They've come a very long way, though I do miss the fantastic sculpts the old toy line had.
Funny thing is, they seemed to start doing their own unique sculpts at the beginning of the 2012 line when you look at the four turtles. Maybe it was because they didn't have finalized art for them yet or something from the studio, but they were unique.

Now everything is an attempt to look accurate to the show with the 'blocky' design to the feet, hands, heads, etc...
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #2832
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
Now everything is an attempt to look accurate to the show with the 'blocky' design to the feet, hands, heads, etc...
Um...isn't that a good thing? Also, it was said that those turtle figures were made before the final designs were approved, which explains the toes.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #2833
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Damn, people are already seeing the mouser packs?!

Hell, I've just now seen Leatherhead pop up here in Alabama! Snakeweed and Baxter have trickled for a few months, and I have seen zero Rat Kings or Cockroach Terminators!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #2834
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Damn, people are already seeing the mouser packs?!

Hell, I've just now seen Leatherhead pop up here in Alabama! Snakeweed and Baxter have trickled for a few months, and I have seen zero Rat Kings or Cockroach Terminators!
Distribution for toys is crazy stupid overall these days. My area's still three releases behind on Marvel Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Did anyone ever mention the retooling of the Classic Collection rerelease Shredder's leg? I saw a review for him recently and noticed it's not the same position it was before. Or am I going crazy?
I haven't taken a close look at it since I left it on the shelf but I'm pretty sure it's not a new retool, if that's the case. The 25th anniversary re-release fixed the leg to a better position. So unless it's a different retool, then it's not new.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #2835
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Um...isn't that a good thing? Also, it was said that those turtle figures were made before the final designs were approved, which explains the toes.
Actually, there was a Power-Con thing that explained this. Two designers did the figures and brought them to Ciro. One had his two turtles absolutely spot-on, and the other did what got released. In the end, Ciro decided he wanted the non-accurate ones to be released.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #2836
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
Actually, there was a Power-Con thing that explained this. Two designers did the figures and brought them to Ciro. One had his two turtles absolutely spot-on, and the other did what got released. In the end, Ciro decided he wanted the non-accurate ones to be released.
OH that is interesting to learn about. Thanks for that info!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #2837
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
Actually, there was a Power-Con thing that explained this. Two designers did the figures and brought them to Ciro. One had his two turtles absolutely spot-on, and the other did what got released. In the end, Ciro decided he wanted the non-accurate ones to be released.
Interesting...I wonder why he'd do that?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #2838
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
Did anyone ever mention the retooling of the Classic Collection rerelease Shredder's leg? I saw a review for him recently and noticed it's not the same position it was before. Or am I going crazy?
What Powder said, it's the same leg from the 25th Anniversary Shredder figure back in '09. I had mentioned it before. All of the molds for the Retro turtles are basically the same as the 25th line, which already had slight differences from the 1988 line.

I'm glad I snagged a Retro Shredder when they first came to my TRU, because I haven't seen him since!
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #2839
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Interesting...I wonder why he'd do that?
Maybe he wanted to keep it the same way as the original line since those aren't toon accurate either. (Guessing....)
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #2840
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
I haven't found the Ninjas in Training Michelangelo and Raphael yet, but I did find Leonardo and Donatello. These guys are pretty fun; not the best TMNT figures ever released, but certainly not the worst: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/09/...urtles-in.html

Check out the review! Anyone using these along with the Galactic Heroes figures for a TMNT/ Star wars crossover?
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.