The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #281
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I also had the impression that Raph was the oldest but I like think that they, themselves don't know who is the oldest and that the reason why they fight so much about it.
I would really like April and Casey finally ask Splinter, how do you know who is the oldest or not. Finally get that sh!t out and done with. Because really, it's just a funny, trivial thing that is truly hard to prove. Splinter wasn't exactly there to see them hatch.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #282
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I realized near the end with the Mutagen transfusion that this the Creep was basically a censored version of Bloodsucker.
I was thinking the same thing, dude. BTW, did any Full Metal Alchemist fans out there think Raphael in his dog-like plant form was a little reminiscent of the little girl that was fused with her dog into a chimera?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #283
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
^ Nah, that was no where as creepy as the chimera in FMA.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #284
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Is anyone concerned that April might be a bit too powerful? She has that telepathy, she can even beat Raph. Well, he was being cocky and stupid, but still..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #285
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
You know, I did like the scene when the Creep threw his pitchfork at Donnie and it impaled his mask strands to the tree. That was a good "oh sh!t!" moment for Don.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #286
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
I love the part with Mikey and Donnie right before the "What do two teenagers....." where Mikey askes Donnie what he thinks happened to Raph, and Donnie Replies with. "I do not think that. no " the delivery was just so funny, so monotone I think I watched that part at lest 5 times. so funny.
__________________
24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...alsgo1_250.gif

Last edited by zantha; 10-05-2014 at 10:07 AM.
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #287
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Is anyone concerned that April might be a bit too powerful? She has that telepathy, she can even beat Raph. Well, he was being cocky and stupid, but still..
Oh noes! Ciro was right after all!

But seriously, her powers are just for plot convenience at this point, but there always a chance they'll go for the dark Phoenix trope. I think how it will happen is that she will slowly turn into a real kraang mutant and Donnie will have to make a cure which will end up taking away her kraang powers.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #288
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Anyone notice that the skill levels in this show are inconsistant? I mean, Raph is a fully trained ninja and he got jumped by a dirt mutant.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #289
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
The last two episodes have really made me dislike Donatello.

He's come off like a whiny, self-centered, creep. A shame since I really liked this portrayal previously.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #290
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
while the last few episodes have not been good to Donnie, he is still my favourite. I do not see him a creep at all. Casey is more of a creep than Donnie. during the invasion after Leo was thrown through the window, he pushes all of his emotions aside and focused on what had to be done. he took nothing for himself from the lair. he took a picture for Splinter and medical supplies for Leo. in this episode he has been focusing on healing Leo, now he's better they seem to be back to butting heads a little. I have already gone over why I think he was worried about Casey and April going off alone, so I wont do that again. also I think he has a lot of faith in Raph. that yes he is missing, but he doesn't think that there is anything in the woods that could really hurt him.

from what we know of the next episode, I hope it will be a return to a better depiction of Donnie.
__________________
24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...alsgo1_250.gif

Last edited by zantha; 10-05-2014 at 10:46 AM.
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #291
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
^Ditto. I see Donnie has good intention, and possibly just a lil bit desperate for love but heh teenage hormones. His heart is still in the right place.

I never have a problem with the love triangle either, and would love to see how this turns out in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Oh noes! Ciro was right after all!

But seriously, her powers are just for plot convenience at this point, but there always a chance they'll go for the dark Phoenix trope. I think how it will happen is that she will slowly turn into a real kraang mutant and Donnie will have to make a cure which will end up taking away her kraang powers.
Maybe they could actually pull off a better Phoenix than X3 The Last Stand.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #292
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Anyone notice that the skill levels in this show are inconsistant? I mean, Raph is a fully trained ninja and he got jumped by a dirt mutant.
YES! Like, in the beginning of season 2, Casey is shown to be quite capable of handling the foot, be quick on his feet and whatnot, then The Newtralizer episode comes and he's all of a sudden a bumbling oaf. This last episode was just a pure "let's troll all the Raph fans as much as we can!" BS. There is no way out of this one writers. We get it, you hate on Raphael from time to time for some reason.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #293
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
I really hope they drop the love triangle subplot as soon as possible. Seriously, you would think that after everything Donatello and Casey had been through, the relationship would progress somewhat, apparently not.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #294
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
YES! Like, in the beginning of season 2, Casey is shown to be quite capable of handling the foot, be quick on his feet and whatnot, then The Newtralizer episode comes and he's all of a sudden a bumbling oaf. This last episode was just a pure "let's troll all the Raph fans as much as we can!" BS. There is no way out of this one writers. We get it, you hate on Raphael from time to time for some reason.
Also, April goes from helpless girl to super duper ninja girl in multiple episodes.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #295
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Leo is my favorite in the Nick series, by a comfortable distance. Raph always took #1 until the Nick show. I just feel like they are doing much more interesting things with Leo. His dynamic with Karai, rivalry with Raph (a bit underplayed though), his struggle to lead and prove to himself and master splinter that he has what it takes, the fact that Shredder seems to single him out more than the other 3 turtles as a threat (makes me think we'll get a Dark Leo storyline someday), his voice change which I'm hoping they continue to draw from to give him even further depth as he struggles to deal with it... Oh, and he consistently gets to be one of the biggest badasses out of the four brothers, most notably in that S02 finale!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #296
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Also, April goes from helpless girl to super duper ninja girl in multiple episodes.
Yep. Many episodes show Donnie to be an inferior fighter compared to Leo and Raph, then we see episodes where Leo struggles against Karai, and then a few episodes later, Donnie has no problems kicking Karai's butt along with her Footbots, , but then a few episodes after that, he can't take on Leo or Raph again in a sparring match. The show likes to beat us with how Leo is better than Raph because he's a tactician and can think things through, and then a few episodes later, Splinter scolds Donnie because he overthinks things and uses Mikey as an example that turning off your brain and rely on your instincts and training during fighting might be a better alternative (in military combat situations, they will always tell you, what saved their asses is either their training, or the guy next to them, so take that bit of info into consideration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Leo is my favorite in the Nick series, by a comfortable distance. Raph always took #1 until the Nick show. I just feel like they are doing much more interesting things with Leo. His dynamic with Karai, rivalry with Raph (a bit underplayed though), his struggle to lead and prove to himself and master splinter that he has what it takes, the fact that Shredder seems to single him out more than the other 3 turtles as a threat (makes me think we'll get a Dark Leo storyline someday), his voice change which I'm hoping they continue to draw from to give him even further depth as he struggles to deal with it... Oh, and he consistently gets to be one of the biggest badasses out of the four brothers, most notably in that S02 finale!
Everything you said here happened with Leo in the 2k3 show. Rivalry with Raph , proving himself to Splinter, fears of being a failure, being the badass of the group, singled out by Shredder and Karai. Every single thing. We even had a dark Leo once that attacked Splinter. Did you not watch 2k3?

Now, what I do love about the Nick Leo, is that he is adorably cute in some situations, like asking April advice on girls, or having to play tea time with a little girl, or being excited about his TV shows. This stuff is great. I hope they don't sacrifice this part of him for the more serious Leo. Serious Leo, been there, done that. It's great to see serious Leo, but not all of the time. I will admit, in 2k3, he seemed more like a parent than a brother to the others. In this show, he does come across as a brother on equal terms. I hope they keep it that way.

Last edited by Warhorse; 10-05-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #297
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quick question, do we need an account on Nick.com now to view the latest TMNT episodes? I tried to watch it last night but it said I had to register for an account. It was not like that for the last four episodes of season 2.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #298
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Quick question, do we need an account on Nick.com now to view the latest TMNT episodes? I tried to watch it last night but it said I had to register for an account. It was not like that for the last four episodes of season 2.
Yeah, I think so, the ones that are locked seem to require you to log in and choose your cable provider in order to view them. (Although not everyone is so lucky, mine isn't there so apparently I can't see the locked ones. Wtf, Comcast?) Edit: Or maybe just wants to login to the cable company account...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-05-2014 at 11:52 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #299
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Quick question, do we need an account on Nick.com now to view the latest TMNT episodes? I tried to watch it last night but it said I had to register for an account. It was not like that for the last four episodes of season 2.
I did not have to do this in the past, not with Nick, but I would with premium networks like HBO or Showtime. I have a feeling Nick execs might be panicking over the ratings, so they are trying to gather as much hard core evidence to marketers that the show is being watched, and if you sign up using your provider, you are more or less agreeing to allow your viewing habbits be used by third parties. Then they can use it as proof the show is being watched, it's just online, which Nielsens don't take into consideration.

Now what Indigo just said, about Comcast not on there, then, this could be part of that huge dispute Viacom is giving to all of the providers, making sure that the customers are the ones who pay the price because these companies can't come to some sort of financial agreement.

Last edited by Warhorse; 10-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #300
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I did not have to do this in the past, not with Nick, but I would with premium networks like HBO or Showtime. I have a feeling Nick execs might be panicking over the ratings, so they are trying to gather as much hard core evidence to marketers that the show is being watched, and if you sign up using your provider, you are more or less agreeing to allow your viewing habbits be used by third parties. Then they can use it as proof the show is being watched, it's just online, which Nielsens don't take into consideration.
Well, if they would actually promote the show like they do all of their other horrible shows they wouldn't have this problem. I swear, the stupidity of some corporations is boundless.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.