The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
You guys are reading too much into it. It's a funny 30 second bumper, not a detailed analysis of how Nickelodeon sees the characters.
They have one with Jerry Trainor tipping all kinds of junk out of one of his shoes. Doesn't mean they actually think he has the Eiffel Tower and Christmas trees in his shoes.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
You guys are reading too much into it. It's a funny 30 second bumper, not a detailed analysis of how Nickelodeon sees the characters.
They have one with Jerry Trainor tipping all kinds of junk out of one of his shoes. Doesn't mean they actually think he has the Eiffel Tower and Christmas trees in his shoes.
You're reading too much into it (or trying too hard to defend it). Nick (the channel, not the actual people working on the show, or at least I hope not) flat out considers Mikey to be dumb. Tell me, why wasn't it Leo or Raph VS Patrick? Or hell, why did they even choose Patrick and not anyone else? They could have gone with Mike VS (insert whoever here) as who's the wildest, or who's the coolest. Nope, they went with who's the most braindead. It's plain as day and not worth disputing it or trying to re-word things to defend Mikey.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
How? Mikey is extremely dimwitted in this show.
Mikey isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Shredder vs Plankton
Spike vs Gary
Oh god. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
As much as I like Patrick his character is supposed to be completely mindless and dumb, I don't believe that that has ever been the case for Mike's character, I really don't know who was the "genius" that came up with this comparison.
Thank you! He's not as dumb as Patrick! What the heck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Pretty much this. That 'genius' should be fired. And I think this should be the last comparison we get...Ever. Please, don't make me regret liking having TMNT on Nickelodeon!
Now, THAT might be a bit dramatic to say, my friend. I think the comparison concept is kind of cool and funny, but if it turns out like this one, there should be no more. Not fired, but just stop this idea if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yes, I saw this and thought it was pretty stupid, IMO. I'd say the winner would be Patrick. He definitely seems dumber than Mikey does.
Well played, player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
ummm.... none of things Mikey does in that clip are actually dumb. Why would you expect someone who lives in a sewer to be able to pronounce the word "pizza"? Why would you expect them to be able to spell the word "wrong" for that matter (logically, if you'd never seen it written down, you would expect it to be R-O-N-G)? Annoying enough that fans are saying Mikey is "dumb" because they haven't actually thought this stuff through, worse still that Nick is saying it.


(lots of parents of dyslexic kids out there who I imagine are THRILLED that not being able to spell/pronounce a couple of words makes someone "the dumb one")
You do make some good points, Keroscene. Exactly. They didn't know what pizza was anyway. Also, you're dumb because you don't know how to spell "wrong?" I like this series, but how dare Nick says this. I'm annoyed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Wow.... this clinches it as Nick officially making Mike the 'dumb one'. End of story.
Then Nick (with the exception of the workers on TMNT) are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
Not unless the clip was put together by the people who write or produce the show.
I doubt they put this onto the show.


I don't know about you guys, but what do we do at this moment? Should we complain?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but what do we do at this moment? Should we complain?
Wouldn't bother. I always got the impression that adverts like this are thrown together by whoever works in a marketing department at the channel. It has very little to do with what actually happens in the show.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
Wouldn't bother. I always got the impression that adverts like this are thrown together by whoever works in a marketing department at the channel. It has very little to do with what actually happens in the show.
Yeah, but what happens if this starts Mikey getting dumber later on? I don't know. This is ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone commenting from Nick about any complaints. This is not a good thing right now.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Complain about what, exactly? They took clips from the show and used them in a promo. I could understand people being upset if they'd animated something especially for the promo to make him look dumb, but these are all clips from the actual show.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #27
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Complain about what, exactly? They took clips from the show and used them in a promo. I could understand people being upset if they'd animated something especially for the promo to make him look dumb, but these are all clips from the actual show.
For some reason, I may sound a bit unrealistic here, but, maybe take off those commercials from the air? I'm not sure.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #28
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Complain about what, exactly? They took clips from the show and used them in a promo. I could understand people being upset if they'd animated something especially for the promo to make him look dumb, but these are all clips from the actual show.
Well that second clip of Mikey was actually edited out of the show and I wouldn't be surprised if it was edited out because they didn't actually want to suggest that Mikey was just plain stupid. As for the other two, they have nothing to do with stupidity whatsoever. The first one is "I've never seen that word written down before" and the third one is an expression of annoyance.

So I actually don't give a damn about "this makes Mikey seem stupid" because it doesn't. It makes Nick look inept.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
It's odd they used a scene not seen on the show yet... and took some of them out of context like the pizza one. They tried too hard to make Mike look as dumb as Patrick.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #30
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
To be honest it probably won't be on the air too long anyway, they get new promos and bumpers on a fairly regular basis.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I just went on Youtube! Fans are complaining!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjPbD79UOY
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
I just went on Youtube! Fans are complaining!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjPbD79UOY
Yes, 10 whole comments. THE INTERNETS ARE A BUZZ!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, 10 whole comments. THE INTERNETS ARE A BUZZ!
That first guy actually cares way too much (also like how that user has the F word in the first sentence but then censors himself later on)
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #34
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, 10 whole comments. THE INTERNETS ARE A BUZZ!
Okay, you're right. Ten isn't enough. But my point still stands. People are complaining.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #35
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
I just went on Youtube! Fans are complaining!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjPbD79UOY
Oh no!

No wait......who cares.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #36
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I have to admit this is a little offensive. Patrick is actually retarded.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I have to admit this is a little offensive. Patrick is actually retarded.
He is? That's news to me. When did Nickelodeon come out and say that Patrick is "actually retarded"?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
Okay, you're right. Ten isn't enough. But my point still stands. People are complaining.
Ten isn't enough...for f*cking what?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #39
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Ten isn't enough...for f*cking what?
To change that promo! Because everyone knows Nickelodeon loves its fans!

It's sort of ridiculous that people are taking this to such an extreme level and are defending Mikey.

Mikey is supposed to be the dumb one in this show. Why it's not apparent to the rest of you is a bit mind-boggling.

Also: Patrick isn't retarded - starfish have no brains. Except for that one episode where Patrick forces his brain to work so that he can write a song (one of the funniest episodes IMO).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #40
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I have to say I'm kind of on the fence about this cross-promotion. While it comes across a little disrespectful, I couldn't help but chuckle watching it. I also wonder why they decided to go with Patrick Star instead of doing a comparision between Mikey and Spongebob Squarepants.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.