The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #441
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Venus so I could just beat the crap outta her for hours lol
yes you'd like to smack her up
ok no more lame joking

It looks really good
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #442
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
http://events.us.ubi.com/

Developer interview and TMNT history video located here.

Whereas I was only 85% sure before, I've boosted my expectations of Casey being in it to 95 because of this video. After all, there was a voice clip of Marc Thompson there that I wasn't familiar with, and seemed to fit in with the others.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #443
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
It looks like fun to me.

Also, HOLY CRAPMUFFINS! Did you guys see the new title screen logo in the video. Here's a picture:



Nostalgia FTW.

Last edited by TurtleGuy; 06-03-2009 at 08:56 PM.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #444
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Whereas I was only 85% sure before, I've boosted my expectations of Casey being in it to 95 because of this video. After all, there was a voice clip of Marc Thompson there that I wasn't familiar with, and seemed to fit in with the others.
Of course he'll be in it. The team was talking about other characters today, and said that the 7 they revealed aren't the only ones. They even went as far as to say that the obvious choices are just that, obvious choices, but that hardcore TMNT fans will definitely be surprised at the depth with which they delved in the history of the franchise.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #445
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Of course he'll be in it. The team was talking about other characters today, and said that the 7 they revealed aren't the only ones. They even went as far as to say that the obvious choices are just that, obvious choices, but that hardcore TMNT fans will definitely be surprised at the depth with which they delved in the history of the franchise.
What I'd like to know is: obvious in terms of what universes? Like to some people, the obvious would include Casey, Hun, a Foot Ninja, Karai, et cetera... but others would say Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang...

I wouldn't care either way, but I'm curious as hell.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #446
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
They even went as far as to say that the obvious choices are just that, obvious choices, but that hardcore TMNT fans will definitely be surprised at the depth with which they delved in the history of the franchise.
Terrible game or not, if the catalogue of characters is interesting enough, I'll buy it on nerd-impulse. It'd be the first TMNT game I've bought since the first 2003 game on GBA.

Also, we've seen a few screenshots without the glow effect, so hopefully it can be turned off. If not, that's retarded.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #447
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGuy View Post
It looks like fun to me.

Also, HOLY CRAPMUFFINS! Did you guys see the new title screen logo in the video. Here's a picture:



Nostalgia FTW.
In the copyright lines, their "E"s look like "O"s. Toonago Mutant Ninja Turtlos!
__________________

Last edited by Blade Raider; 06-03-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #448
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Toonago Mutant Ninja Turtlos!


I never get sick of that logo, I'm glad it's making a comeback here.
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #449
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
The logo went from somewhat '87 to full-blown '87! Even if the 2k7 designs are being overused in this game (I'm glad that the Turtles at least have white eyes), the look of the logo instills me with hope that there might be some '87 characters in this! Man, I surely hope that's the case. As I've said many times already, I want this game to have characters from various different TMNT universes and not just the recent ones.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #450
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
The logo went from somewhat '87 to full-blown '87! Even if the 2k7 designs are being overused in this game (I'm glad that the Turtles at least have white eyes), the look of the logo instills me with hope that there might be some '87 characters in this! Man, I surely hope that's the case. As I've said many times already, I want this game to have characters from various different TMNT universes and not just the recent ones.
Alright, everyone go watch this and then stop worrying about the characters being from a single universe in the series.

One of them is the same guy I saw get interviewed beforehand and he pretty much says the exact same thing.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #451
TurtleGuy
Foot Soldier
 
TurtleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 231
Who else is hoping for alternate costumes/skins?

I don't care much for movie design April, so I'm really hoping they have an alternate "Banana Jumpsuit" April or NT April instead.
TurtleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #452
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,195
I don't remember this being announced but the release date as of now is: Sep 15, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...4234074&sr=1-1

The guide comes out on the 9th of that month, are they supposed to come out before the game?
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...4233700&sr=1-1
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #453
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
They usually do for small-scale releases, yes.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #454
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Watching all these videos posted, I'm totally sold on this game. It looks great, but I hope there are unlockable styles for the Turtles and other characters. I'm bored with the CG movie designs.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #455
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The guide comes out on the 9th of that month, are they supposed to come out before the game?
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...4233700&sr=1-1
I'm floored by the fact that there will be a guide at all for this Wii-only game that isn't a Nintendo-owned franchise...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #456
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!
 
ThirdMarioBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,905
Played the crap out of it. It was alright, but needs more work on the fighting system. Alternate skins for characters wouldn't hurt either, but I doubt that will be extensive thanks to licensing issues. Overall, it's "decent".
__________________
ThirdMarioBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #457
Damien Kash
Foot Soldier
 
Damien Kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 182
any more news on who will be in the lineup? I've seen the stuff from e3 and the game looks like a lot of fun.

....just wish they would release it on all consoles.....
Damien Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #458
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
This is from James Rolfe AKA Angry Video Game Nerd

Quote:
TMNT: SMASH UP – Again, a franchise that’s lured me in. It’s just like playing Smash Bros, just a little slower maybe. Shredder, Splinter, and April were playable. When you’re playing as all turtles, it can be confusing. We’re so used to distinguishing them by the colors of their headbands. Leonardo’s blue, Raphael’s red, etc. But say you’re player 1, the indicator pointing to your character is always going to be BLUE, even if you pick Michaelangelo for example. When the turtles are far apart from each other, it’s easy to think, you’re looking for ORANGE, because you’re Michaelangelo. But no, orange is player 4. A little confusing and probably even more confusing for me to explain it.
He also previews Super Mario and Batman.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=1272
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #459
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I'm not sure if any of you have been to this site before or not, and maybe this has been posted earlier in this thread, but I visit SmashBoards once in a while whenever I feel like getting into Smash Bros again. I found this Smash-up thread while perusing their site: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210078

There isn't really anything there that we haven't already seen, but it's nice to see people from another fan-base getting interested in a TMNT game. Once you get past the early thread posts you'll find that people there generally seem pretty excited for the game. There is a little of the usual TMNT ignorance that we've come to expect, but several people on there are actually familiar with the franchise history.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #460
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The people on that board are all twats.
Quote:
I wish it was a different franchise...I can't stand TMNT.
Says the guy with an anime avatar.

Then there's guys like this
Quote:
Who's Karai?
This ones one of my favorites
Quote:
I'm more of an old school Turtle fan so I might be a little lost on some of the newer characters.
Durr whose Casey Jones
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.