The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #441
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Defiantly interested in the 3 signature bookplate.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #442
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
I'll bring a stack along. You're on the short list of folks who'll get them and the Eastman/Laird bookplate upon request.
Thank you!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #443
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
This book is awesome!
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 AM   #444
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
My copy finally arrived today! It's absolutely beautiful - you've put a lot of hard work into this Andrew; it's an incredible book and you should be very proud.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:38 AM   #445
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
Yes, my copy turned up over the weekend, cheers
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #446
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
For those of you interested in keeping tabs on me at Comic-Con this year, here's my itinerary:

Home base is going to be the Cartoon Art Museum booth, #1930. If I'm not moderating a panel or talking to editors, you'll find me there, sketching for donations to CAM or quietly sleeping under the table.

Friday, 1:00-2:00pm (maybe longer): TMNT booksigning at the Insight Editions booth, #1318

Saturday, 12:00-1:00pm: Ray Billingsley: Life on a Deadline. Room 4

Saturday, 2:00-3:00pm: 30 Years of TMNT with Kevin Eastman, Ernie Reyes Jr., Townsend Coleman, Lloyd Goldfine, Pat Linden of Playmates Toys, Tom Waltz, and Rich Magallanes of Nickelodeon. Room 23ABC

Saturday, 3:00-4:30pm: TMNT booksigning at the Kevin Eastman/Heavy Metal booth, #1529

Sunday, 10:00am-11:00am: Comics for the Whole Family with Brian Crane, Eleanor Davis, Brian Haberlin, Willie Ito, and Don Rosa! Room 23ABC

Hope to see a lot of you there!
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:55 AM   #447
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
Good to meet you Andrew, and the bookplate looks great

Hope you made your flight okay and got home without issue...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #448
arkangel
Hench Mutant
 
arkangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 444
Finally got mine today ! Beautiful job Andrew! Definitely a labor of love. The added paper props, poster and comic are wonderful bonuses too. My new coffee table book.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #449
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Got the bookplates from Kevin Eastman at Comic-Con this weekend, and they look great! He and Peter Laird signed all of them, and Peter did a head sketch on each and every one of them. I'll get to work on signing them this week and will post information here once they're available for purchase.

Comic-Con was phenomenal, by the way. My TMNT panel with Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Lloyd Goldfine, Townsend Coleman, Pat Linden of Playmates Toys, and the great Ernie Reyes Jr. was an absolute blast. Standing room only, with an audience full of diehard TMNT fans (and just as many people outside who weren't able to fit into the room, sadly. Wish we'd have had one of the biggest programming rooms for this one). Famed TMNT toy sculptor Steve Varner was in the audience, too, and caught up with us after the panel, and had his first face-to-face meeting with Kevin.

That was followed up by a two-and-a-half hour booksigning at the Heavy Metal booth with Kevin, and I had an incredible time. He's such a cool, fun guy, and he genuinely loves his fans. I got to see him talk to well over 100 people, and each and every one of them walked away feeling like they were the one person at the convention that he really wanted to see. What a great guy. For my part, I signed a couple of cases' worth of the Ultimate Visual History while hanging out and listening to fans chat with Kevin, and I hope we'll get to do that again soon.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #450
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 328
I was VERY skeptical when this book was announced, and even more skeptical when Andrew started posting here promoting the book. I wasn't expecting much and was worried that it would be a cheap movie cash-in.

With that said, I want to say this, outside of the very unfortunate cover art, this book is absolutely amazing. Usually when I read TMNT history stuff its the same 5-10 stories told by Peter and Kevin over and over with no new content. This book goes so deep and spans SO MUCH of the history, it feels like a true love letter to the fans.

So, good job creating a book I will probably be reading and referring to for years, thank you for putting so much story and art in one place and including so many cool removable nic-nacks and finally good job turning me around on what could have been a giant clusterf**k of a book.

A+, Andrew, A+.
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com
My Podcast!: Reality Breached
My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #451
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by liugeaux View Post
I was VERY skeptical when this book was announced, and even more skeptical when Andrew started posting here promoting the book. I wasn't expecting much and was worried that it would be a cheap movie cash-in.

A+, Andrew, A+.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm a fan of the cover, obviously, but glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of the book.

The only tweaks I'd have had on the cover are that I'd have started the process a few months earlier so that we might have been able to coordinate an Eastman/Laird reunion (although Ryan Brown did an incredible job of interpreting my initial cover design), and my original version actually included about 20 additional characters in the background (including the Turtle Blimp from the '80s cartoon). Maybe I'll draw a finished version of that someday and post it here.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #452
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 328
My main problem with the cover is that the concept is strong, 4 turtles from 4 eras, but having 1 artist do them all just doesn't work. Had it been a more collaborative effort with artists that specialized in the different eras, the cover would have popped. As much as a I love Eastman, I don't think replicating styles is his strong point at all. I am really curious to see your original idea though.
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com
My Podcast!: Reality Breached
My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #453
ScOULaris
Random Punk
 
ScOULaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 23
Hey, Andrew. Just wanted to pop in here and say that you did an excellent job with this book. I read it cover-to-cover the other day, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I learned some new tidbits of TMNT history, and the presentation/print quality throughout was superb. I look forward to any future books you're involved with.
ScOULaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #454
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Now I can add "as seen on television" to my credits! Pause at 5:50 in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy9J3C4uUDE
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #455
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
Anyone with the book help me out here, can you tell me which page the "White Draft 4/23/13 script" was attached to, so I can glue it back on?
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #456
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
Now I can add "as seen on television" to my credits! Pause at 5:50 in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy9J3C4uUDE
lol awesome and congrats, you earned it!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #457
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Anyone with the book help me out here, can you tell me which page the "White Draft 4/23/13 script" was attached to, so I can glue it back on?
Chapter 19 page 185 in the corner above the shredder.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #458
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
Cheers... I thought it was near the back, but couldn't quite figure where.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #459
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
so I can glue it back on?
LOL! Take it easy man, ripping out pages and all.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 AM   #460
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
The glue for that attachment was weaksauce compared to the rest
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.