The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #421
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
I'll definitely ship outside the U.S., too. That'll just be a more expensive stamp, but I'm hoping to send these all over the globe. Thanks!
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #422
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
Contributor copies are starting to arrive, and the folks I interviewed are finally getting a look at the book this week. I got a very sweet note from Renae Jacobs, who voiced April O'Neil in the 1980s cartoon, and praise from other TMNT alumni like David Wise, Stephen Murphy (writing on behalf of his good buddy Dean Clarrain), Jake Black, and plenty of others are thrilled with it.

Peter Laird's just finished signing a big stack of bookplates for me, and those are off to Kevin Eastman, then me, then I'll let everyone here know when they're available.

Still figuring out pricing--I'm thinking that the standard "just Andrew Farago" bookplate will probably go for $10 in the U.S., since I can tuck that into a standard US Mail envelope and send it out with a regular stamp.

What would you guys expect to pay for a bookplate signed by both Eastman and Laird? Obviously that number plus $50 would get you the bookplate pasted into a copy of the book, but I'll offer the plate by itself, too, for those of you who've already bought a copy. I'll also do a super-deluxe copy that has the signed bookplate and will include an original sketch by me featuring your favorite TMNT character(s).

My wife gave birth to our son on Sunday morning, so I'm still adjusting to that, but hope to get moving on signed books, bookplates, etc. a bit later in the month.

Thanks!
I don't really know on pricing for both Co-Creators... the only autographs I've gotten from them was a Kevin Eastman signature in person at a Movie showing (cost me $10 for the ticket and meeting him was free so that doesn't help much on pricing) & my only Laird signed pieces were purchased through Mirage's website and were a FCBD issue #1 & special Playmates Fugitoid figure that were both signed for $20 shipped. So if any of that info is helpful, you're welcome to it, but I wish I could be more help- hopefully some other more seasoned autograph hounds can chime in- but I would definitely be interested in an autographed bookplate by Eastman, Laird & you. The more I read this book, the more I am in total awe of the amount of work and just plain awesomeness that has been crammed inside! And congrats on your little one! So much fun to see them grow into their own person... Get as much sleep as often as you can- you're gonna need it! And take lots of pictures, no matter how many you take, you'll always wish you had more.
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #423
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
I'll definitely ship outside the U.S., too. That'll just be a more expensive stamp, but I'm hoping to send these all over the globe. Thanks!
That's good to hear, and congrats on your new family memeber.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #424
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
I'll definitely ship outside the U.S., too. That'll just be a more expensive stamp, but I'm hoping to send these all over the globe. Thanks!
that's good.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #425
kingblink
Thug
 
kingblink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Butte, MT
Posts: 75
congrats on new baby wanna pm me details in buying this?
__________________
Highest Wanted(all Loose/Complere is Fine PM Me if you have for sale please): Toon Turtles/Casey Jones/Venus De Milo/Foot Soldiers/Toon Shredder/News Crew/April/Krang/New Van/Muta Bus/Rock Star Mondo/Sercret History Of The Foot Clan 2-4

"Turtle Die With Honor!"
"We Strike Hard...And Fade Away Into The Night"

reverbnation.com/kingblink
facebook.com/kingblinktherapper
youtube.com/user/BLiNKKiNGoFBaSS
kingblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #426
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Google is your friend. Amazon, too.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #427
kingblink
Thug
 
kingblink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Butte, MT
Posts: 75
Was hoping to by direct to eliminatr the middle man and any fees
__________________
Highest Wanted(all Loose/Complere is Fine PM Me if you have for sale please): Toon Turtles/Casey Jones/Venus De Milo/Foot Soldiers/Toon Shredder/News Crew/April/Krang/New Van/Muta Bus/Rock Star Mondo/Sercret History Of The Foot Clan 2-4

"Turtle Die With Honor!"
"We Strike Hard...And Fade Away Into The Night"

reverbnation.com/kingblink
facebook.com/kingblinktherapper
youtube.com/user/BLiNKKiNGoFBaSS
kingblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #428
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
Contributor copies are starting to arrive
Just got mines today....man, what a thing of beauty! Such a great surprise to see the box outside my door when I came home today. Thanks so much for putting this together. Can't wait to sit and read through this bad boy.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #429
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
Been reading the book off and on for the past few days. It's a wonderful love letter to the TMNT. Such a unique history with such humble beginnings to major heights in pop culture.

After years of wondering why Laird would ever want to let go of the TMNT, I finally understood that post 2k3, the Imagi movie and Mirage Vol. 4, he felt that he did as good a job as he felt he could do returning the Turtles to a respectable franchise.

With this new movie and renewed popularity with kids, I'm sure the TMNT will be going nowhere.
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #430
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
Just hopped back into this thread and hoping I've understood this, that'd be cool to get a signed bookplate and add it into the book. What 're you expecting to price it at Andrew for Eastman & Lairds signatures? I've already got the book. And whats this of another reprint for TMNT #1 in a normal sized print under the original art look? Hows this one one going to be released or will it be under any further printings of the TMNT Visual History book?

Last edited by DK2; 07-13-2014 at 09:11 PM.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #431
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Reading the original toon part, its so interesting to know how the cartoon almost didn't continue past the 5-episode first season. It shows how reluctant the were to spend money on it.

How they went from that to producing 10 seasons and 193 episodes, making it one of the longest lasting cartoons in history, we'll never know.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #432
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
Got this in the mail a few weeks ago from my now wife for my bday. Just had time after the wedding, partial move, housework, etc to read before bed. I love the book and was so engaged in reading that I'm up to page 104 in one sitting. Great tidbits to add to my TMNT knowledge and enjoyable, interactive reading overall. The book aside I'm really upset with amazon shipping... The book binding came dented to hell and although it doesn't take away from content it bothers me just sitting in the shelf. I didn't notice it until I unwrapped it today and so much time has passed I don't think they would do anything about it.

On another note... The bookplate addition would be phenomenal to add to this already enjoyable book. I look forward to hearing more about cost and how to obtain one if these!
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #433
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
IDW's got all of the art we've scanned for the TMNT #1 reprint, and I think they've got some "Artist's Edition" plans for it. Should be the next best thing to owning the originals, or seeing them at the Cartoon Art Museum this summer.

Planning to sign some solo bookplates this week and figure out how to send them. Price will be $11 for the U.S.,, probably $15 outside of the U.S. The Eastman/Laird/Me plate pricing is still being determined, but I think I'll sell signed and sketched copies with those bookplates for about $125 plus shipping, maybe limited to about 20 copies at first. I'll announce that here and on my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/andrewfaragocartoons) when I'm ready to draw everyone from Raphael and Casey Jones to Ace Duck and Dogpound.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #434
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
Just to recheck Andrew, will you have just the Eastman/Laird bookplate to sell by itself at SDCC?
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #435
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Peter's signed the plates already, and we're hoping Kevin can sign them this week and bring them to me at Comic-Con. If I've got 'em, I'll sell 'em at the convention, but I'll probably figure all of that out after I'm home from the convention.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #436
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Please respond to my last message, Andrew.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #437
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Please respond to my last message, Andrew.
Done! Your replacement copy is on its way.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #438
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102


Getting ready to send out bookplates! These are 2" x 3". Adhesive not included, so you'll have to paste them into your TMNT books yourself, but that should be pretty straightforward.

If you want one, you can send $11 to me via PayPal at andrewfarago(at)hotmail.com, and I'll sign and personalize it however you'd like. If you're in Canada, I can do that for $13, and it will be $16 outside North America. If you'd rather send a check, write to me at that Hotmail account and I'll pass along my mailing address at the Cartoon Art Museum.

This is the *just* signed by the author bookplate, for those of you who want that option. I'll have information about the Kevin Eastman/Perer Laird/Andrew Farago bookplate shortly after the San Diego Comic-Con, and will also offer the super-deluxe package that includes that and a copy of the book with a sketch of your favorite TMNT character(s).
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #439
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Will you have any of the Donatello bookplates at Comic-Con, Andrew?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #440
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Will you have any of the Donatello bookplates at Comic-Con, Andrew?
I'll bring a stack along. You're on the short list of folks who'll get them and the Eastman/Laird bookplate upon request.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.