The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2016, 08:14 AM   #541
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
I have a new fan, it seems...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #542
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Ah memories , being attacked both in public forum and pm, puddinpop comes to mind..I remember a few at one time told me , I didn't deserve to be a tmnt Cosplayer because I didn't like bay turtles.

Exact words "you don't deserve to wear that shell"

For the record Sam is being overly sensitive, I can assure you we never called him stupid.

The exact phrasing from me was" people are allowed to like stupid or dumb movies, we all have our guilty pleasures in film, but don't go and claim they are cinematic gold "
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:25 PM   #543
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Mods deleted my TigerClaw post? It's the truth, you know.
And I didn't call that because he likes the new movies.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #544
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Some of the mirage images I just picture as slightly long messy hair others are longer straighter looking. And I know that the buzz cut look is definitely different and I do wish it was longer.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #545
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Ah memories , being attacked both in public forum and pm, puddinpop comes to mind..I remember a few at one time told me , I didn't deserve to be a tmnt Cosplayer because I didn't like bay turtles.

Exact words "you don't deserve to wear that shell"

For the record Sam is being overly sensitive, I can assure you we never called him stupid.

The exact phrasing from me was" people are allowed to like stupid or dumb movies, we all have our guilty pleasures in film, but don't go and claim they are cinematic gold "
Oh if I felt like going back through like 4 years I could find some of they weren't already deleted my moderation. But I can most definitely assure you that many have. And that never mins the passive aggressive crapany on these forums like to pull to make it seem like those being picked on are the one being rude.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 02-17-2016 at 01:00 PM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #546
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Okay, who's the asshat who posted the f*ck-sam-and-steal tag?

Really, guys...

#1. Posting attack tags is ToTheNine's shtick.
#2. It's an asshat thing to do.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #547
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Mods can see who made the tags.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #548
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Okay, who's the asshat who posted the f*ck-sam-and-steal tag?

Really, guys...

#1. Posting attack tags is ToTheNine's shtick.
#2. It's an asshat thing to do.
This is disgusting, some people here need to grow up and stop bullying people.

I hope whoever made these tags get banned.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #549
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Okay, who's the asshat who posted the f*ck-sam-and-steal tag?

Really, guys...

#1. Posting attack tags is ToTheNine's shtick.
#2. It's an asshat thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
This is disgusting, some people here need to grow up and stop bullying people.

I hope whoever made these tags get banned.
People can be jerk no akin off my bones but people saying this stuff doesn't happen are lying. It has quite a bit.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #550
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I will freely engage in banter, witticisms, and putdowns but my name is on it. And when I go too far or get something wrong, I apologize.

Using tags as attacks is cowardly and superstitious.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #551
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
superstitious.
Superfluous?


Yeeaaah... other than "tmnt," none of the other tags seem worth keeping and could use a do-over.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #552
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
At this point, "tmnt" is the odd man/tag out...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #553
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Superfluous?


Yeeaaah... other than "tmnt," none of the other tags seem worth keeping and could use a do-over.
I was making a Batman joke.

"WHERE WERE THE OTHER TAGS GOING!?"
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #554
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Ah, yeah, went over my head.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #555
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Okay, fair enough. There was some rudeness. I don't have time to go archive-diving myself, but I promise you there's been plenty of it going the opposite direction as well. Hell, I remember how bad things got when the first BayTurtles movie came out, and it sure as hell wasn't one-sided. Just read Galactus' post above yours. Plenty of people have been insulted, flamed, and mocked by people on Sam's "side" for their criticisms... which turned out to be 100% correct.

Besides. In this particular case? Things were actually pretty civil at first. Until Sam couldn't handle his arguments being disproven, until he kept changing what his argument even was, trying to reframe the debate and shift the goalposts so he could be "right" even though nothing he said held up. See how that could get frustrating?

He's absolutely entitled to his opinions, but he's not entitled to have other people agree with them, or accept his "facts" as true when they're not. He likes the movies, he's motivated to defend them, and he'll make whatever defense he can to support his bias. And when the same routine plays out again and again and again... I think it's kind of understandable when some people lose the kid gloves.



Speaking for myself, at least? I didn't say his opinions weren't "accepted". I've said repeatedly that anyone's allowed to like whatever they like. That's totally valid.

But if someone's trying to refute someone else's opinions with "facts" that are disproven and/or totally false, why would anyone else give them a free pass? Why should they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Ah memories , being attacked both in public forum and pm, puddinpop comes to mind..I remember a few at one time told me , I didn't deserve to be a tmnt Cosplayer because I didn't like bay turtles.

Exact words "you don't deserve to wear that shell"

For the record Sam is being overly sensitive, I can assure you we never called him stupid.

The exact phrasing from me was" people are allowed to like stupid or dumb movies, we all have our guilty pleasures in film, but don't go and claim they are cinematic gold "
I remember when he flat out said my parents were abusive to me because I thought the first movie looked bad.

Such good times.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #556
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I remember when he flat out said my parents were abusive to me because I thought the first movie looked bad.

Such good times.
I know, right? Your parents would have been abusive to you regardless of your opinion on the movie.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #557
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I know, right? Your parents would have been abusive to you regardless of your opinion on the movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #558
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
At least you HAD parents... I had to abuse myself growing up.

You had it EASY.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #559
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
At least you HAD parents... I had to abuse myself growing up.

You had it EASY.
Wha... If you're serious, that's sad.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #560
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
I noticed those tags last night. Who can even make tags?
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt superbowl trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.