The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #41
General Traag
Foot Soldier
 
General Traag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Technodrome Mark III, Dimension X
Posts: 174
Uhmm, i'll give it a shot:

TMNT as 'Golden Girls':

Dorothy: Leonardo
Sophia: Raphael
Blanche: Donatello ( just metaphorize the 'technical knowledge' ;] )
Rose: Michelangelo

^^
__________________
-
General Traag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #42
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Most foursomes do balance the four temperaments. But the TMNT are lacking a "normal" member- probably on purpose.

In Japan, foursomes are not used as often as in the West because the number four resembles the word for "death" and because there are 5 Eastern elements.

Now let me try some more:

Gatchaman (although it is a fivesome):

Ken the Eagle- Leo
Joe the Condor- Raph
Jinpei the Swallow- Mikey
And Donnie could be either Ryu the Owl or Jun the Swan (though Jun's female and neither is an exact match).

Sailor Moon (fivesome as well):

Sailor Venus- Mikey
Sailor Mercury- Donnie
Sailor Mars- Leo (only in the manga)
Sailor Jupiter- Raph (loosely)

Magic Knight Rayearth (a trio, so I'm putting a secondary character as well):

Hikaru- Mikey
Umi- Raph
Fuu- Donnie
Clef- Leo

I still cannot pair up the Turtles with the Planeteers. But Gi got so little character development, that I have only recently figured out her letters and still cannot pin down her numbers.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #43
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
OK, let's have more fun:

John Lennon - Raph
Paul McCartney - Leo
George Harrison - Don
Ringo Starr - Mikey

George Martin - Splinter
Yoko Ono - Karai
Linda Eastman - April
Stuart Sutcliffe (or Brian Epstein) - Casey Jones
Mick Jagger - Shredder
Keith Richards - Baxter Stockman (how on earth both of them are still alive?!)

And last but not least...

...

...

...

Pete Best - Benvenuto!

PS. If we took the Old Show into consideration, then Raph would be Paul and Leo would be John.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!

Last edited by Sewer Bull; 06-26-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #44
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I will slightly disagree with the Beatles. Wouldn't Ringo be Raph? The only one that seems anywhere close of a match is George- Donnie.

And now I WILL try with the Planeteers:

Kwame- a total goody two shoes like Leo, quiet rock like Donnie
Wheeler- on one hand, he has the power of FIRE. On the other hand, he's the comic relief goofball. So it can go for either Raph or Mikey.
Linka- the technological genius with a cool mind and a hot temper. So she could be either Donnie or Raph.
Gi- hard to type, but the only one she could resemble is that she is smart and rather quiet like Donnie.
Ma-ti- a peacemaker like Donnie, a charismatic leader like Leo, outgoing and the youngest like MIkey.

My Captain Planet obsession was even deeper and longer than my Turtles obsession- at least the first time around. Now I just have more money to spend.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #45
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
The TMNT and the Littles

Grandpa Little

Lucy little

Brother Little (I forgot his name)

Dink Little
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #46
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Leo is a cross-dressing invisible leader who nobody listens to?
That's what I was thinking. Leo is more like Mr. Fantastic due to the leadership qualities, whereas Don has more Sue Storm in him, being smart but not always paid attention to. Plus he wears purple, but that's an entirely different thread altogether.


This all reminds me of a fic I was teasing to do a while ago where the boys meet the FF to take on Doom and Shredder. I probably won't do it and yet it's probably already been done, anyway.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #47
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant
 
MoreCowbell5263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 300
I still think Mr. Fantastic has more Don qualities than Leo. Invisible Woman seems more of a take charge kinda person which is more Leo than Don and Mr. Fantastic isn't the one who breaks up fights between Thing and Torch, Invisible Woman is. I've made the point before, but if Raph and Mike were arguing, Leo would be the one to break the fight up, not Don, and Invisible Woman seems to do that more than Mr. Fantastic from what I've seen. But again, I knew there'd be disagreement when I said it, and I do understand the points you've made, but I still see Mr. Fantastic as more of a Don, even though he is the leader. I think if Leo weren't the leader, he'd be like Invisible Woman, he wouldn't question orders, he'd be the one that makes the others look bad, and he'd be the one Don (if he were the leader like Mr. Fantastic) would go to the most for advice and stuff. Mr. Fantastic goes to Invisible Woman more than the other two combined, but that's just from what I've seen, I can be wrong.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke...the only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
MoreCowbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #48
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
TMNT and Transformers (at least in the movie):

Optimus Prime- Leonardo
Bumblebee- Michelangelo
Ratchet- Donatello
Ironhide- Raphael


And I will agree that Invisible Woman is more like Leo and Mr. Fantastic is more like Donnie indeed.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #49
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
TMNT and Transformers (at least in the movie):

Optimus Prime - Leonardo
Bumblebee - Michelangelo
Ratchet - Donatello
Ironhide - Raphael
Turtles and Transformers! Sweet, but I'd do it more like this

Prowl - Leonardo
Jazz - Michelangelo
Wheeljack - Donatello
Cliffjumper - Raphael
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.


Last edited by CharmedSerenity; 07-05-2007 at 12:58 AM.
CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #50
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
TMNT and the four characters from King of the Hill

Hank

Boom Howar

Dale

Bill

__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #51
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
South Park
Leo-Stan (Could switch with Don)
Don-Kyle (^ Yeah)
Raph-Cartman
Mike-Kenny
Casey-Butters
Splinter-Chef
April-Wendy
Shredder-Craig
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #52
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSerenity View Post

Prowl - Leonardo
Jazz - Michelangelo
Wheeljack - Donatello
Sunstreaker - Raphael
Isn't Sunstreaker the vain one of the bunch? I would've though Cliffjumper...at least I think that's who the Autobot hothead was...
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #53
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Isn't Sunstreaker the vain one of the bunch? I would've though Cliffjumper...at least I think that's who the Autobot hothead was...
Oh, yeah, thanks, Spawn Guy *goes to edit* I was thinking Sunstreaker because of the temper problem, :p
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.


Last edited by CharmedSerenity; 07-05-2007 at 02:54 AM.
CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #54
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Turtles and Saved by the Bell:

Zack- Michelangelo
Slater- Raphael (or Casey)
Screech- Donatello
Jessie- Leonardo
Lisa- April
Mr. Belding- Splinter
Kelly- uh, Renet?
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #55
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
TMNT to Gundam Wing
Leo - Heero
Raph - Chang Wufei
Mike - Duo
Don - Trowa/Quatre
Splinter - Dr. J
Shredder - Zechs/Treize
April - Relena
Karai - Lady Une
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #56
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I would actually invert Heero and Wufei for Raph and Leo. I know that Heero is the unofficial leader, but Heero is a loner rebel like Raph, while Wufei is very serious and into martial arts. Again, not a perfect match. Closest would be Duo and Mikey- after all, Duo reminds me of Wheeler!

I hope to not get into trouble for this:

TMNT and Narnia:

Peter- Leo
Edmund- Raph
Lucy- Mikey
Eustace- Donnie

I know, TREMENDOUS megastretch. Won't reveal spoilers, but there's a reason why I put Eustace instead of Susan.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #57
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I would actually invert Heero and Wufei for Raph and Leo. I know that Heero is the unofficial leader, but Heero is a loner rebel like Raph, while Wufei is very serious and into martial arts. Again, not a perfect match. Closest would be Duo and Mikey- after all, Duo reminds me of Wheeler!
Yea, I ceratainly thought about switching the two, but the leader thing is what swayed me. And Chang is a bit of a loner himself. By the way, who is Wheeler?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #58
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Wheeler is from Captain Planet. He's the red headed boy from New York. He's the comic relief of the bunch.

And now to procrastinate even more on writing this paper...

TMNT and Final Fantasy!!!

Final Fantasy IV

Cecil Harvey- Leonardo
Kain Highwind- Raphael
Edge Eblana- Michelangelo
Rosa Farrell and/or Rydia Page- Donatello

Final Fantasy IX

Freya Crescent- Leonardo
Vivi Ornitier- Donatello
Amarant Coral- Raphael
Zidane Tribal- Michelangelo
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #59
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Get ready sports fans (baseball fans acutally)!

Baseball Tonight
Leo - Carl Ravech
Raph - Steve Phillips
Mike - John Kruk
Don - Tim Kirkjin
Splinter - Peter Gammons
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #60
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
South Park
Leo-Stan (Could switch with Don)
Don-Kyle (^ Yeah)
Raph-Cartman
Mike-Kenny
Casey-Butters
Splinter-Chef
April-Wendy
Shredder-Craig
Heh, nice.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.