The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Yes to these two! I'm looking forward to them in IDW and hope to see them on Nick. I'm sure they'll be reinvented some, but I'm not one of those whiny fanboys who hates change, so bring it on!!!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #42
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
I am not an old school, hardcore TMNT fan. The only reason I originally came here on this forum is because of the new toys based on the classic Fred Wolf series (I only found out it was referred to as this from reading on this forum) so a return of Bebop and Rocksteady is a welcome one for me.

If the new series is an amalgamation of the different properties then it may be a better jumping on point for me to follow this new direction and not just focus on the TMNTC toyline
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #43
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Of course they will be back. And the counter argument that they aren't using Krang isn't solid. They are going to use a thousand Krang's!
Do we know that for sure? Or could it be a mr and mrs kraang and some kiddie kraangs?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
*sigh* There will undoubtedly be some kind of leader of the Kraang that may or may not actually be named "Krang" but will still be him for most/all intents and purposes. I sincerely hope no one is going to be shocked about this.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I heard the Kraang are going to be like the Borg, so perhaps *The* Krang will appear as their leader, similar to the Borg Queen in Next Generation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #46
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
I wonder if the leader of the kraang will have a personality similar to Kr'ell?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #47
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yeah with little complexity which is why I don't see how people can say they were awesome characters. Aside from stellar character design the characters had nothing much else going for them outside a set few. People like them now because they had the toys and have fond memories of a TV series they most likely haven't seen since they were 8. Most adults would look at characters like Bebop and Rocksteady now in pictures and say "I remember them they were cool.". Then see them in the series and say "I remember them they were stupid."
I think you're being a tad too critical. OK; you're correct--the show doesn't have much depth, and is pretty much straight comedy. Yet the comedy was, in my opinion, done very well; far too well for me to resent the series the way you're doing. That said, I think I agree this new show should give them more depth. Maybe make them street-smart, able to operate capably and fight well enough when they're on their turf, but give them a realistic lack of culture and higher learning that causes goof-ups.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #48
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
It seems to be in the earlier episodes they where fairly intelligent then as the series went on they got dumber and dumber.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #49
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
Bring them on and maybe make them slightly grittier/more competent to fit the new canon.
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #50
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
It seems to be in the earlier episodes they where fairly intelligent then as the series went on they got dumber and dumber.
Yeah, in the first and even part of the 2nd season they're written a lot better, they are pretty believable as mutated tough guys. Most of the rest of the series they seem more like mutated toddlers, they return to their roots somewhat during red sky but yeah...

If they return I hope they at least act like they did in the first season, stupid but not toddlerstupid.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #51
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Rocksteady's helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Yeah, in the first and even part of the 2nd season they're written a lot better, they are pretty believable as mutated tough guys. Most of the rest of the series they seem more like mutated toddlers, they return to their roots somewhat during red sky but yeah...

If they return I hope they at least act like they did in the first season, stupid but not toddlerstupid.
I would like so see Rocksteady using his helmet more often.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Since Playmates has no toys of them, perhaps they won't appear in Season 1.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #53
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Hopefully we'll at least get an IDW-style preview while they're still human.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #54
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
They'll show up. They'll be stupid meatheads and mutate at some point. I just hope they don't get THAT dumb.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #55
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I'd be suprised if they didn't show up but I'd admire what many would see as a gutsy move not to have them there.

After all it's not like the generation of kids that they're aiming the show at would know Bebop or Rocksteady or care if they're used instead of Dogpound or the other mutants we've seen.

It's a nice nod to the minority of OT fans that'll be watching but it seems we're getting plenty of those anyway. Like everything else they should only be included if there's good reason beyond nostagia.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #56
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I'm actually not sure we'll be a minority. I don't really know the sort of fanbase Nickelodeon has these days, but I always have a bit of a worry that a series that worked in one era might not have the same appeal in another. Of course it could change itself to have new appeal, but that might turn OT fans into a minority for a different reason: A lot of them could hate it.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
It's a nice nod to the minority of OT fans that'll be watching but it seems we're getting plenty of those anyway. Like everything else they should only be included if there's good reason beyond nostagia.
The vast majority of TMNT fans still like the original cartoon, aside from hardcore Mirage fans like Andrew.

And really, there's a reason why even 15 years after the original show ended, that Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady are STILL the most recognizable TMNT villains after Shredder, despite being gone for an entire cartoon series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #58
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The vast majority of TMNT fans still like the original cartoon, aside from hardcore Mirage fans like Andrew.

And really, there's a reason why even 15 years after the original show ended, that Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady are STILL the most recognizable TMNT villains after Shredder, despite being gone for an entire cartoon series.
But the old argument goes that established TMNT fans, be it fans of the Mirage comics or the Fred Wolf show arn't sizeable enough to make much difference to their plans. Sure Nick will value us enough to throw us a bone every now and again and they wont want to do anything to alienate us but when it comes down to it they want kids watching their show.

These characters will not be recognizable to the audience they are courting. Don't get me wrong they could use Bebop and Rocksteady but it wont make a difference to kids whether they use Bebop, Groundchuck or Fish Face.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus;913149

These characters will not be recognizable to the audience they are courting. Don't get me wrong they [B
could[/B] use Bebop and Rocksteady but it wont make a difference to kids whether they use Bebop, Groundchuck or Fish Face.
True, but Nick knows that those characters were popular with kids once before, and there's no reason kids of today wouldn't love them just the same.

And honestly, all these new animal mutants just pale in comparison to the originals. They picked the right animals when they were creating Rocksteady and Bebop. I'd even love to see Rahzar/Tokka return.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #60
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I must admit, seeing newly designed mutants with silly names is nostalgic in itself, but I can't say at the moment whether I'll like Dogpound and Fishface as much as Rocksteady and Bebop, because they're just empty shells right now.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.