The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #41
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
He'll be alright. He'll be back on his feet and posting about dicks in no time.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #42
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Ninja Turtles goes hand and hand with hip-hop to me.

I'm hoping for the illest of beats.
I agree, but I think that might only be because of the TMNT I and II soundtracks, which were both very hip-hop, which was what was in at the time.

Who knows, if we get enough suggestions maybe we'll have different variants of the fan-made soundtrack.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #43
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier
 
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Ninja Turtles goes hand and hand with hip-hop to me.

I'm hoping for the illest of beats.
I second this. I cant pick out anyone in particular though, maybe Chance the Rapper or Childish Gambino.
__________________
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #44
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
I agree, but I think that might only be because of the TMNT I and II soundtracks, which were both very hip-hop, which was what was in at the time.
Sure but it's not like hip-hop is exactly 'out' right now, ya know?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #45
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier
 
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Some old school Hip Hop would be great.
__________________
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #46
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONATELLO DUZMACHINES View Post
Some old school Hip Hop would be great.
I'm cool with keeping it modern for the most part. It's not a period piece so it would be alittle weird if the soundtrack was filled with Afrika Bambaataa.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #47
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Sure but it's not like hip-hop is exactly 'out' right now, ya know?
I wouldn't know, actually. *lol* I'm a bit more of an alternative rock/old school rock/country type of eclectic when it comes to music.

That being said, I give another addition to the list, Lit's "The Broken":

__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #48
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
For when Raph and April kiss.

__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #49
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Heather Breckel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 308
I'm okay with anything as long as the trailer doesn't have Kung Fu Fighting or Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #50
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
contrary to popular belief heavy metal does not go that good with fight scenes, it's just feels like compensating...
I disagree. But I'm biased since I play bass in a metal band. And biased due to the TMNT being obvious metal/rock fans in the comics. But that could have been a reflection of the creators interest. They probably like a variety music.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #51
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier
 
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'm cool with keeping it modern for the most part. It's not a period piece so it would be alittle weird if the soundtrack was filled with Afrika Bambaataa.
Lol yea no Afrika Bambaataa, I would love to see a mix of old an new.
__________________
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #52
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Hey, I know this doesn't really fit with the sound track aspect, and I know it's been touched upon all ready, but what would your choices for a score be?
Just curious.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #53
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Breckel View Post
I'm okay with anything as long as the trailer doesn't have Kung Fu Fighting or Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.
haha! Yeah I certainly hope Kung Fu Fighting and Bodies don't make it to the actual soundtrack! Yikes. Still haven't come up with anything. Guess I have allot more thinking to do. The only thing I can come up with is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle rapfrom the old comic book on tape but that thing's insanely laughable! Someone's probably added it somewhere on the site, I bet. I couldn't find it on youtube.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #54
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
Hey, I know this doesn't really fit with the sound track aspect, and I know it's been touched upon all ready, but what would your choices for a score be?
Just curious.
I really loved the score from the original TMNT movie. But, if I had to design one for the new one...that's a bit tricky. I think that I would have to look towards a symphonic metal stylization. I think it would be the most ideal way to get a similar sound to what was done on TMNT I but add the edge to it that the new variant of TMNT seems to be creating.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #55
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
haha! Yeah I certainly hope Kung Fu Fighting and Bodies don't make it to the actual soundtrack! Yikes. Still haven't come up with anything. Guess I have allot more thinking to do. The only thing I can come up with is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle rapfrom the old comic book on tape but that thing's insanely laughable! Someone's probably added it somewhere on the site, I bet. I couldn't find it on youtube.
Granted, it would be a hilarious cameo on the part of the song "Kung Fu Fighting" if Mikey's busting a move to it out in the background of a lair scene.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #56
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Yeah, he'd totally do that because it's just so... Mikey! I could get behind that happening. That'd tick Raph off and he'd complain about how goofy the song sounded or something similar if it were a cameo. Idk, something tells me it wouldn't be Raph's cup'a tea. haha
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #57
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
Wow. Someone's got an attitude on them today. I didn't know it was unacceptable to ask for people to be positive about something. Yikes.

I sincerely hope your day goes better. No one deserves to have a day where they're going to call someone obscenities for no reason.

Sending positive vibes your way, bud.
POSITIVE VIBES SHIELD ACTIVATE!

The shields are holding captain.

Fire negative comments cannons, FULL POWER!
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #58
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBt0P04wtok i wanna see Mikey dance to this...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #59
CatalaReturns
Thug
 
CatalaReturns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBt0P04wtok i wanna see Mikey dance to this...
Not really my style, but depending on which turtle-verse Mikey you're talking about I could totally see it.
__________________
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury
***
Oroku Saki: I do not tolerate failure.
Dr. Baxter Stockman: Which is why you'd make a lousy scientist.
***
CatalaReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #60
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalaReturns View Post
Not really my style, but depending on which turtle-verse Mikey you're talking about I could totally see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltAvePzPmA
mute this and play snoop dog with it, it totally sincs up... jut try to black out Vanilla ice...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.