The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #841
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Arg I hate it when that happens in a line. I know lines that did that and they got the axe for poor sales. This is the same problem with Transformers keep offering Bumblebees and Cars 2 with Finn McMissiles. They need to get their head in that game and give what we all want. Snakeweed and Baxter Stockman and I guess Leatherhead. I find it amusing that Stockman and Snakeweed both look better than Leatherhead who would have been better if only they got his size right and better articulation. At least they gave their first villain some respect and I confused how Snakeweed got so popular. I was worried that he would be hated, but he's as popular as Dogpound which made me very happy.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #842
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
One thing I'm really looking forward to Snakeweed besides his awesome figure, is what side is he going to be labeled on and if his bio gives us some info we don't know about him. We know there's the Ninja Turtles, the Foot and the Kraang. I wonder who's side he's labeled as maybe the foot since the toy fair said that he's going to be one of Shredder's minions.
I think he'll be a member of The Kraang Evil Aliens team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
w...t...f? if they are seriously offering case assortments that have nothing but turtles then that is bad news and can explain the shortage of secondary characters lately. retailers know the turtles sell the most so they are choosing to ONLY order the turtles... which is a mistake
I dunno, but I was seriously shocked to see all those turtles.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #843
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Arg I hate it when that happens in a line. I know lines that did that and they got the axe for poor sales. This is the same problem with Transformers keep offering Bumblebees and Cars 2 with Finn McMissiles. They need to get their head in that game and give what we all want. Snakeweed and Baxter Stockman and I guess Leatherhead. I find it amusing that Stockman and Snakeweed both look better than Leatherhead who would have been better if only they got his size right and better articulation. At least they gave their first villain some respect and I confused how Snakeweed got so popular. I was worried that he would be hated, but he's as popular as Dogpound which made me very happy.
I know, snakeweed is pretty popular here is he?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #844
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Arg I hate it when that happens in a line. I know lines that did that and they got the axe for poor sales. This is the same problem with Transformers keep offering Bumblebees and Cars 2 with Finn McMissiles. They need to get their head in that game and give what we all want. Snakeweed and Baxter Stockman and I guess Leatherhead. I find it amusing that Stockman and Snakeweed both look better than Leatherhead who would have been better if only they got his size right and better articulation. At least they gave their first villain some respect and I confused how Snakeweed got so popular. I was worried that he would be hated, but he's as popular as Dogpound which made me very happy.
I know! I abbhore tge Sonic toys for that.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #845
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Hey everyone someone posted that ad we wanted to see it's incomplete, but he is there and so is Leatherhead at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdGuGgjq16M
yeah i like that commercial
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #846
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Does anyone know when Snakeweed is being released ? I just saw a commercial for the ooze figures and they showed Snakeweed. Is he out in stores yet ?
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #847
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Unfortunately no I'm afraid, but we can only hope that he will come out next week or early next month. I've been waiting for him too ever since I saw his image at the toy fair last year and I knew he was awesome.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #848
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
I was very skeptical about him, but since his recent episode I fell in love with Snakeweed!
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #849
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Does anyone know when Snakeweed is being released ? I just saw a commercial for the ooze figures and they showed Snakeweed. Is he out in stores yet ?
April or march, at the earliest
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #850
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
I can't believe April is so tough to find now. I didn't get her because I don't like her new look. I just can't accept her as a teen. I always think of her as a 20-something year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
LOOSE Nick April going for $26.00 with 17 bids and still more than a day to go before auction ends. Insanity?
It's pretty much insane, April figures are rare nowadays I guess. The prices are really high! It's good in a way though since she's being accepted and liked by many people (maybe mainly girls).

I ordered one from Amazon for 24.99. I can't deal paying $50 or anything crazier in the future.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #851
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's pretty much insane, April figures are rare nowadays I guess. The prices are really high! It's good in a way though since she's being accepted and liked by many people (maybe mainly girls).

I ordered one from Amazon for 24.99. I can't deal paying $50 or anything crazier in the future.
I hear ya, but unless you really need an April now I think it's premature to pay that much for an April, we really don't know she is discontinued, it could be a temporary shortage. But I hope you enjoy the figure. Yeah people bitch about the lack of articulation, and they are right. But the sculpt still looks good. It's a cool figure IMO. Glad I have it
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #852
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Even if there will be new April, I'm pretty sure it won't be the same as this basic one. Like the OT has the yellow with blue stipe and later orange jump suit as opposed to the pure yellow basic one of the original line. Can't remember 2K3 April versions but I think there's no other April versions later. Historically it's like that so I'm pretty much glad I bagged this one before it gets higher. OT Shredder costs like $100 now, geez (glad I own it from before though).

Lucky you have your figure.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #853
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I got all my figures including April back in August when they were 7.88 at Wal-Mart.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #854
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I got all my figures including April back in August when they were 7.88 at Wal-Mart.
Same, except I used target (no wal-mart nearby) and it was 8.99 still a bargain to me since pretty much any online retailer wants 10.99
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #855
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Guys, April is listed on K-Mart.com for 7.99.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #856
Citizen Krang
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 183
Link?
It's showing up out of stock for me.
Citizen Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #857
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Yeah, it's unavailable. http://www.kmart.com/teenage-mutant-...ype=SKIP_LEVEL

Anyway, k-mart doesn't deliver to my country sadly. Only US.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #858
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Guys, April is listed on K-Mart.com for 7.99.
FACK!!! It's out of stock for me!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #859
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yeah, it's unavailable. http://www.kmart.com/teenage-mutant-...ype=SKIP_LEVEL

Anyway, k-mart doesn't deliver to my country sadly. Only US.
yeah...it sucks
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #860
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Guys, April is listed on K-Mart.com for 7.99.
Someone stalking this thread probably bought 5 of them as soon as you said that. Damn you, whoever you are.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.