The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #901
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Anyone know if the actual Baxter Stockman will have those red claws or the original grey?
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #902
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Unfortunately Baxter will have the red claws and not the grey ones as I saw him in box at the toy fair in some videos where they show figures on display and you see him with red claws in box. That is the main reason everyone hates his figure even though the red claws and his size are the only complaints on him.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #903
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Unfortunately Baxter will have the red claws and not the grey ones as I saw him in box at the toy fair in some videos where they show figures on display and you see him with red claws in box. That is the main reason everyone hates his figure even though the red claws and his size are the only complaints on him.
AAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH!!! *rhetorical questions coming*....are you kidding me??? I'm still gonna get the figure but dang.....what's the point of them being red? Were they ever red on the show?

Thanks for answering...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #904
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I guess they figured they'd better add some color SOMEWHERE since it's clearly not through well-executed paint apps :p

Yeah baxter is the most disappointing figure of wave 4. he's gonna be pegwarming the shell out of TMNT displays everywhere this year.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #905
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
This is an easy repaint...I will definitely be getting him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #906
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
So,,Kraang and April are out now?


However, a Ninja Gear April and Kra(a)ng (Prime) will rectify this.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #907
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
So,,Kraang and April are gone now?


However, a Ninja Gear April and Kra(a)ng (Prime) will rectify this.


Edit: Sorry for the double post
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #908
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Now I must ask for all your inputs on why you think Baxter is the worst of wave 4. I understand that Dog Pound had poor paint and Fishface should have had an articulated jaw, but is everyone really going to say the one villain who has arms, legs, knees, head, and elbows is the worst all because of some red claws? I never understood what's with all the hate on him and I'd like to know what the deal is. Also my personal theory is that they accidentally gave Stockman red claws when they should have gave the red paint to Snakeweed's tentacles, but that's just my guess. I mean come on he even has a waist joint which makes him by far the most articulated villain so far.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #909
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Personally, I think Baxter is the worst of his wave because it's a figure of him wearing a robotic suit we'll most likely never see him in again. His fancy red nails don't help, but I can't say that they're the reason I'm passing on him. In-fact, only figure from the wave that I am getting is Leatherhead.

As for future case ratios, I'll be surprised if the cases containing wave four (aka Leatherhead, Stockman, and Snakeweed), have any figures from the first two waves. You can't expect them to constantly ship out more of the first figures with every new wave. Would just make finding those new figures even harder to find.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #910
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Can someone (re)post a pic of these supposed red claws? I've yet to see one, unless I missed it. Any photos of the figure I've seen thus far don't have red claws. Regardless, easy paint fix as someone said.

I won't lie, even if the figure is released looking like arse, I'll probably purchase one... as will some of you, don't lie!
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #911
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Disregard... I forgot about THIS pic. Hmmm... let it sink in. Still very boring... not liking it.
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #912
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Well with that said, I can't speak for everyone, but overall I think Snakeweed is the best figure in this wave since he's relatively tall and has pretty good articulation with those hidden knee joints. Leatherhead would've been the best if it weren't for his clearly distracting small stature and disappointing articulation I mean no jaw articulation come on he's a gator and he can't open his mouth? I bet most of you can relate to my point of view and again just my opinion.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #913
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
Well with that said, I can't speak for everyone, but overall I think Snakeweed is the best figure in this wave since he's relatively tall and has pretty good articulation with those hidden knee joints. Leatherhead would've been the best if it weren't for his clearly distracting small stature and disappointing articulation I mean no jaw articulation come on he's a gator and he can't open his mouth? I bet most of you can relate to my point of view and again just my opinion.
The Vector from StH can't move his jaw either.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #914
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
^ Agreed... not to mention the fact that the original Leatherhead even had the moveable mouth feature.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #915
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Well I'm only establishing these problems because I love how Snakeweed turned out and I want to be sure that he's probably the best in this wave so he can become more popular because he is a great figure and not just because everyone else had more problems than him. Then again, Snakeweed hardly has as many issues as Leatherhead or Stockman as they have more critical and more glaring problems and so forth while Snakeweed only has a very few issues.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #916
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
I'm still hoping that somewhere down the road we get a Deluxe Leatherhead figure that is properly scaled and everything. We still have two seasons ahead of us, so you never know!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #917
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
I won't lie, even if the figure is released looking like arse, I'll probably purchase one... as will some of you, don't lie!
Um...Shell Yeah I will!

I so want those ooze vehicles and patrol buggies! I wish they'd hurry the heck up and get here
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #918
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
baxter looks stoned... doesn't look angry or formidable at all. He literally looks like he is BORED which is probably how the designers felt when making this figure. I'm really interested in seeing what customers could do with him... a change of facial expression could go a long way towards improving the figure. And of course, making his armor look cooler. A chrome finish would look pretty sweet.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #919
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
I plan on shaving down his eyebrows and repainting them to look more antagonistic. I'll probably use some chrome/steel pain on his metallic body armor. I'll post pictures when I get him finished.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #920
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
For all the bad these guys are, it's still better than Jazwares's garbage. I sometimes feel like I'm Leatherhead and Jazwares is the Kraang.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.