The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #81
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
How was it awkward?
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #82
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
They added another clip! It's an intense fight scene between Raph(Night Watchman) and Leo (Jungle boy). Way more than in the first one. They're fight remind me of the ones I had with my younger brothers. Like Leo, I was always right and my little jerky bros weren't. I love them soooo much.
I already mentioned this.
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #83
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Yes.. U can order them here. They have both adult and children sizes.
http://www.giantmerchandising.com/retail/TMNT-C190.aspx

They came out on the 15th and I preordered before then, but I have yet to receive mine...and Im a bit annoyed because my order summary says it hasn't even been shipped. Hrm...

How much far back did you order yours? If I sent in an order today, think I'll get it before the 23rd?

I might check out Spencers, FYI, Specs and Hot Topics, they might have them as well. I loved the individual Turtles, those were nice!

Oh, thanks for the link to that store Raph Girl, I'm tempted to buy everything I saw on there! But that new movie Raph and Don shirt are MINE!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #84
Turtleman100
Hench Mutant
 
Turtleman100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Earth CA
Posts: 329
I love watching thows clip. Im looking at the pictures right now. And watching Beakmans' World. Man this show is old. Or it just me. haha
__________________
Don: I'm trying to blend here.
Turtleman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #85
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
How much far back did you order yours? If I sent in an order today, think I'll get it before the 23rd?

I might check out Spencers, FYI, Specs and Hot Topics, they might have them as well. I loved the individual Turtles, those were nice!

Oh, thanks for the link to that store Raph Girl, I'm tempted to buy everything I saw on there! But that new movie Raph and Don shirt are MINE!
I already checked my local Hot Topic and they have T-shirts that the 1980s design but no movie T-shirts even though they have a display for advertising the new movie. They looked at me kind of strange when I asked for T-shirts advertising for the new movie.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #86
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet_Guy View Post
I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.
I highly doubt that. Since the game seems to follow the movie, your gonna have a stage where you play as Nightwatcher(kinds like the solo Leo in the jungle)
True. It seems very reasonable. But, I'm just not going to get my hopes up until they upload those same clips to any other system.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #87
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak View Post
I already checked my local Hot Topic and they have T-shirts that the 1980s design but no movie T-shirts even though they have a display for advertising the new movie. They looked at me kind of strange when I asked for T-shirts advertising for the new movie.

Wow. I went out on the town today, looking for T-shirts, or even patched I can sew or steam onto clothing of the new TMNT. Went to Hot Topics (They had a huge poster on the outside of the Turtles, advertising the new movie.) I went to Spencers and a comic book shop. All say the new movie shirts will be in about mid April, but that's because they are being bought up like crazy on line. At the comic book store, my friends and I got into an excitable conversation with the workers there, and they are all pumped about the movie. But they themselves say that anything TMNT, be it toys, shirts and of course comics, are flying off the shelves right now. I guess there is a bit of a TMNT fever thing going on, even though it's below the radar.

But anyways, never found the type of shirt I am looking for, so I guess I'll be wearing my old school shirt and dying inch thick strands in my hair blue, red, orange and purple. It's the best I can do to show my love for them.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:32 AM   #88
wyze2099
Hench Mutant
 
wyze2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I think Leo's "I'm better than you!" line in the latest clip was really awkward but apart from that I'm totally digging it. And the voice acting is great! Really good work there.
I don't think the "better than you" line was awkward so much as something we don't normally hear him say out loud. It was a heated argument between two brothers with years of complaints to get off their chests, which would lead to them saying things they don't mean or don't phrase very well.

I think "I'm better than you" was an example of that. He probably meant that he was a better martial artist, leader, and strategist than Raphael, but in the heat of the verbal sparring, his buried anger and competitiveness with Raph boiled to the surface. So it came out, "I'm better than you," even though he didn't mean it that way (though the undertone has always been there below the surface).

That's how I see the scene anyway.
__________________
TMNT: Mutant Town
A Ninja Turtles Discord RPG and community.
Currently ongoing: A Friday-night RPG on voice chat!


Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #89
Unicron the Agitator
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 34
I kept watching the "Who Said I Want to Be Led?" clip over ad over. I just loved the tone and feel of that clip. I also liked how this movie is finally giving Leo a real personality. I can't wait!
Unicron the Agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #90
Youal
Thug
 
Youal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 64
I just notise something from the Leo vs Raph clip....Compare the way Raph deliver the line "I have to disagree with you on that one." in TV Spot 2 and the clip:

TV Spot 2:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/t...vspot2_500.mov

Leo vs Raph Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueDCfoa6A

Do you notise any difference? Raph sounds alot gritter and dramatic in the clip than the TV spot. Good job to the voice actor in this scene.
Youal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:55 AM   #91
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youal View Post
I just notise something from the Leo vs Raph clip....Compare the way Raph deliver the line "I have to disagree with you on that one." in TV Spot 2 and the clip:

TV Spot 2:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/t...vspot2_500.mov

Leo vs Raph Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueDCfoa6A

Do you notise any difference? Raph sounds alot gritter and dramatic in the clip than the TV spot. Good job to the voice actor in this scene.
I have to agree with you on that one! I've noticed many Turtle fans have really took a liking to this new Raph's voice, some even saying it is now the favorite version.

Leo sounds great too, and not at all like Ferris Bueller, like some have feared. He actually sounds gruff, and not shrilly, like I always thought he kind of sounded.

Mikey, is kind of like new toon Mikey and the old movies combined.

Donny, almost sounds like his new toon counterpart.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #92
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
True. It seems very reasonable. But, I'm just not going to get my hopes up until they upload those same clips to any other system.

It is on all systems. Just looked in my book and it lists him as a playable character.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #93
theredgnome
Random Punk
 
theredgnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
I must admit that I was very concerned about the voice acting, but those worries have now been put to rest. Raphael's Brooklyn accent is top knotch, Leonardo's voice is possibly his best yet, and I'm finally used to Mako as Splinter. Patrick Stewart is a god and proves himself (yet again) to be infallible.

The person voicing Raphael was able to match the intensity he had in the 1990 film. Most impressive.
theredgnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #94
kryka83
Random Punk
 
kryka83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post


I watched a few of them. And now I am grinning from ear to ear like a dumb kid. My family is looking at me like I have horns growing out the side of my head, (I'm in the living room with my laptop and a pair of headphones here)

Well, in these clips, you really get to hear the Turtle's voices. At first, I wan't too sure about Raph's when we saw him in that one tv spot with his "I have to disagree with you on that!" Well, in these new clips, he sounds perfect, and he has his accent!

Well, I'm gonna continue to watch them, I'm going to spoil myself rotten here, but I haven't been this happy to watch something since probably the first Turtle movie,
i agree about Raph's voice and his accent...*drools* I'm really excited to see how Raphael is portrayed in this movie, don't get me wrong, i love all the turtles, but Raphie has always been the most intriguing character for me - seeing the clip of him and Leo arguing ---pure awesomeness and emotion! The clip from the movie when he fed some of his smoke pellets to the "cute lil kitchen demon"...let's just say...i'm freakin' excited to see the badass Raphael finally appear!!!




"Mikey, i told you!...NO MORE COWABUNGAS!!!" - Raph
kryka83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #95
kryka83
Random Punk
 
kryka83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 17
Smile Nightstalker imean Nightwatcher :) can come find me anytime! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I have to agree with you on that one! I've noticed many Turtle fans have really took a liking to this new Raph's voice, some even saying it is now the favorite version.

Leo sounds great too, and not at all like Ferris Bueller, like some have feared. He actually sounds gruff, and not shrilly, like I always thought he kind of sounded.

Mikey, is kind of like new toon Mikey and the old movies combined.

Donny, almost sounds like his new toon counterpart.

yeah, these new "turtle voices" have definately become popular...but the facial expressions in the trailers so far have been totally awesome - especially when Donny was pc teching on the phone and forgot he was talking to a woman! It's great to actually see facial expressions on the CGI turtles too...maybe i've been watching the cartoons so much that i've now leeched onto the CGI turtles and how much more "human" they are...don't get me wrong, the previous turtle movies have been great giving them that, but seeing the subtle expressions on their faces,in their eyes, and hearing their voices makes it alot better for me...i think i've watched the trailers too many times.....i'll stop now...

oh yeah, and Raph aka Nightwatcher can be Nightstalker to me anytime ...his "voice" in the movie definately hit the mark the way i think he should sound!
kryka83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.