The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 04:36 PM   #1081
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
I've not seen much paint chipping, and I've often boiled custom painted figures, though I did have one seem to lighten in shade after boiling, but only once.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #1082
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
My classic collection Donnie's arms are stuck in position. Dya think heat will help loosten em up a bit?
My classic collection Donnie was the same. I managed to loosen it after a lot of working it. I was concerned that it was going to snap but it finally loosened.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:57 AM   #1083
Splint'r
Foot Soldier
 
Splint'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
I used to dip my figure's problematic areas in boiling water, but never again. Some figures use a certain sealant that can actually turn white. But I agree...the tmnt toys hardly have any paint on them so maybe not a big problem.
I like using the blow dryer. Never failed me.
__________________


http://www.narcomics.com
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #1084
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
All this talk about a lack of villain playsets, but the same can be said of a lack of villain VEHICLES.

Seriously, how many have we gotten in the Nick TMNT line? Two?

I think it's be cool to see them revisit some of the vintage villain stuff like the Footcruiser (even if it's also a Neutrino car), Knucklehead, Footski, or just something.

I mean we now have updated versions of the Turtle Blimp and Party Wagon. If I see updates of the Party Tubes or something, I'm gonna laugh.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #1085
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
All this talk about a lack of villain playsets, but the same can be said of a lack of villain VEHICLES.

Seriously, how many have we gotten in the Nick TMNT line? Two?

I think it's be cool to see them revisit some of the vintage villain stuff like the Footcruiser (even if it's also a Neutrino car), Knucklehead, Footski, or just something.

I mean we now have updated versions of the Turtle Blimp and Party Wagon. If I see updates of the Party Tubes or something, I'm gonna laugh.
Two?
What have I missed? I thought in terms of villains we just had the Kraang hover sled?
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #1086
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
The Dragon Chopper is the other.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #1087
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder - it's actually getting screen time now as fish face's ride which is good.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #1088
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Turflytle Mikey pics:



Looks like crap. Hand wrappings aren't painted, so we can assume the foot wrappings aren't either.

Last edited by Mew; 02-22-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #1089
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Yeah it's disgusting.. specially that cheap yellow plastic for the extra arms and the glasses. Screams cheap.
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #1090
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokka's pizza View Post
Yeah it's disgusting.. specially that cheap yellow plastic for the extra arms and the glasses. Screams cheap.
Yup. These figures are going WAY downhill. The Fred Wolf repaints look decent.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #1091
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Yup. These figures are going WAY downhill. The Fred Wolf repaints look decent.
I might buy them, they look good with the original sculpts. I'm Pretty sure they will be derpy, though.

Last edited by tokka's pizza; 02-22-2015 at 02:27 PM.
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #1092
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
Yup. These figures are going WAY downhill. The Fred Wolf repaints look decent.
Fred Wolf repaints?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #1093
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Fred Wolf repaints?
Playmates showed at Toy Fair repaints of the first Basics Turtles. Where the pads have the same color as their masks, the eyes have painted pupils and irises, and their belts have printed on yellow initials for each Turtle.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #1094
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokka's pizza View Post
I might buy them, they look good with the original sculpts. I'm Pretty sure they will be derpy, though.
Yup. Oh well.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #1095
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Turflytle is another that needs the apps to complete it.

The earlier proto had painted hand wraps. The foot wraps are still there.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #1096
tokka's pizza
Thug
 
tokka's pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: behind..YOU!!
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Turflytle is another that needs the apps to complete it.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...C655C79000.jpg
The earlier proto had painted hand wraps. The foot wraps are still there.
Ugh... he would have looked a LOT better with those yellow things cast in grey.
About the wraps, that's interesting!
__________________
Ah, Fellow Chucker huh?
tokka's pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #1097
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
I broke my Turtles only rule on the weekend and picked up Bebop & Rocksteady fro the Nick line because they were on sale. I read a lot of negative things about them, but I have to say, I was presently surprised that they didn't blow.

I'm having difficulty getting Rocksteady to stand up though. He-Man levels of difficulty.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #1098
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I can't not like BB n RS. Getting RS to stand is an art form in itself tho !
I've just seen the "Fred Wolf" Turtles, as someone coined them. I think they will make a neat set.
When looking back at those first 2012 releases, they had textured skin, that became smooth after that release. The photos of the FW set are lacking enough detail to see the, detail of the figures at this time. Looking forward to more information on these guys.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #1099
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Playmates showed at Toy Fair repaints of the first Basics Turtles. Where the pads have the same color as their masks, the eyes have painted pupils and irises, and their belts have printed on yellow initials for each Turtle.
pics please?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #1100
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
pics please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7s-ti-jkE
here's a video of toy fair.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.