The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #101
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Ditto sadly.... April has nothing in common with Donnie....when is the last time they had a normal conversation (I thinks when she was trying to give away ICkitty) at least with Jones she hangs out with him just to hang (movies, iceskating, pizza place)

even though...I'm becoming convinced that April was made primarily to be Don's love interest....I mean why else is she there?? She's not really friends with any of the other turtles and she only shows up to move her plot (or Donnie's romance subplot)

So....I'm bracing for Apriltello.
I feel at this point it's more so implied that she and Donnie gets along ok and have some common interests. I figured they chat with each other through texts a lot.

That aside, it is a bit unfair since Donnie can't just head up to the surface whenever he feels like it to do casual teen things like watch a movie, go ice skating, go to a pizza parlor, etc. like Casey does:
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #102
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I feel at this point it's more so implied that she and Donnie gets along ok and have some common interests. I figured they chat with each other through texts a lot.

That aside, it is a bit unfair since Donnie can't just head up to the surface whenever he feels like it to do casual teen things like watch a movie, go ice skating, go to a pizza parlor, etc. like Casey does:
Unless I see it onscreen I'm gonna have to assume they don't have much in common....(cause frankly I can't even visualize them getting along)

April can watch stuff with Donnie? They can take a walk on the rooftops? Get some good at Murakami's?
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #103
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Unless I see it onscreen I'm gonna have to assume they don't have much in common....(cause frankly I can't even visualize them getting along)

April can watch stuff with Donnie? They can take a walk on the rooftops? Get some good at Murakami's?
I think they have done all of that stuff. Donnie knows the places April hangs out, because they have hung out there together, like the park for instance. She's hanging out with him in his lab all of the time, just because we aren't seeing the conversations they are having doesn't mean they don't have nothing in common. In fact, she has a lot more in common with Donnie than she does with Casey. Like her brain, and wanting to learn Ninjitsu vs Casey's urban brawl tactics.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #104
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I think they have done all of that stuff. Donnie knows the places April hangs out, because they have hung out there together, like the park for instance. She's hanging out with him in his lab all of the time, just because we aren't seeing the conversations they are having doesn't mean they don't have nothing in common. In fact, she has a lot more in common with Donnie than she does with Casey. Like her brain, and wanting to learn Ninjitsu vs Casey's urban brawl tactics.
April's brainy? Wasn't she failing Trig in season 1?

April and Casey are different...I guess in this case opposites attract? Even when he did that annoying hug in the latest episode, April still wanted to ice skate with him. Irma even asked "what do you see in him?"

not gonna lie it would be nice to know why April likes Casey. I guess they like teasing each other.

April probably thinks Casey is simply fun, and enjoys talking to him about random stuff.

....ya know what, they just need to flesh out April more.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #105
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
April's brainy? Wasn't she failing Trig in season 1?

April and Casey are different...I guess in this case opposites attract? Even when he did that annoying hug in the latest episode, April still wanted to ice skate with him. Irma even asked "what do you see in him?"

not gonna lie it would be nice to know why April likes Casey. I guess they like teasing each other.

April probably thinks Casey is simply fun, and enjoys talking to him about random stuff.

....ya know what, they just need to flesh out April more.
Or, like she said, it's nice to talk to someone else that also knows about the Turtles and Splinter.


OK, off topic. I saw someone asking this on youtube. Splinter likes to use pressure points alot, he's done it with Raphael and Leatherhead to gain control of them. Also, Raphael himself has used pressure points, like he did with Slash. How come when sparring or fighting, the other three Turtles don't try that trick? Why doesn't Leo try it when he and Raph are having an argument? Or, is it likely, Leo is the quickest one to pick up Splinter's training techniques, while training, but Raphael is most likely to use those techniques first when in battle? I've seen other people commenting on that too. What are you're guesses?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #106
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
April's brainy? Wasn't she failing Trig in season 1?

April and Casey are different...I guess in this case opposites attract? Even when he did that annoying hug in the latest episode, April still wanted to ice skate with him. Irma even asked "what do you see in him?"

not gonna lie it would be nice to know why April likes Casey. I guess they like teasing each other.

April probably thinks Casey is simply fun, and enjoys talking to him about random stuff.

....ya know what, they just need to flesh out April more.
Wasn't she failing because of the stress she was going through dealing with her father and the Kraang? If she wasn't smart, the teachers wouldn't have had April as a student tutor. She was tutoring Casey in Trig. I got that impression back in season 1 that she was a good student.

I think she likes hanging with Casey because he represents normalcy. She can talk to him about the current things going on in school (just like she can with Irma) and she also now has an outlet to discuss the turtles and the Kraang (something she can't do with Irma or her father). I don't know about you, but if I had to deal with aliens and robot ninjas, I'd want an escape too to get my mind off of that too.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #107
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Wasn't she failing because of the stress she was going through dealing with her father and the Kraang? If she wasn't smart, the teachers wouldn't have had April as a student tutor. She was tutoring Casey in Trig. I got that impression back in season 1 that she was a good student.

I think she likes hanging with Casey because he represents normalcy. She can talk to him about the current things going on in school (just like she can with Irma) and she also now has an outlet to discuss the turtles and the Kraang (something she can't do with Irma or her father). I don't know about you, but if I had to deal with aliens and robot ninjas, I'd want an escape too to get my mind off of that too.
And honestly Donnie would have helped tutor her in Trig and other subjects while she was in the lair. After all I can see Donnie hacking into her Dad's email and giving the school a plausible excuse about why she won't be in school until further notice. And I'm sure April would ask the teachers to send her assignments for independent study. That way she doesn't have fail her classes due to forced absence.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #108
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
No, I meant literal stress, as in the inability to concentrate on her studies due to all of the things weighing on her mind.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #109
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
No, I meant literal stress, as in the inability to concentrate on her studies due to all of the things weighing on her mind.
I understand. But she was less stressed when she was staying at the lair and only became anxious again after she got that mysterious email message from her father.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #110
coxfire
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post

....ya know what, they just need to flesh out April more.
I get the feeling, but I'd rather they develop Mikey and Raph more before April. Not that I mind the secondary characters, but I felt like in S2, Karai and April (and in a lesser extent Casey) got more attention than the Turtles them selves, well, at least regarding Raph and Mikey.

I'm pretty ambivalent about S2 because, while some episodes were absolutely top notch, I also felt like these guys were pushed in the background. I mean, neither Mikey nor Raph have any relevance in the major story arcs/plots, it is mainly Leo/Donnie/April/Karai (well that is my feeling, after all)

I also felt like season one dealt better with them as characters.
Mikey was juvenile but endearing, while he started to get annoying in S2 at times. Raph was bad tempered but also had a pragmatism that allowed the guys to move forward when the others (like Donnie and Leo) would overthink some situations. In S2 he came to me more as a burden to the team than an asset with the constant yelling.

So yeah, as much as it is important to flesh out other characters than the turtles, I'd definitely prefer if the writers focused more on the guys as a priority.
coxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #111
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I feel that season 3 will do just that. They will be undergoing their spirit quests afterall. A great opportunity to flesh them out more and maybe show the four truly bonding after the destruction of their home and Leo nearly being killed.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #112
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I think the vision quests will really be an opportunity to showcase each Turtle more which will be awesome. And I think April likes hanging with Casey because that represents her normal life, a life she knows she can't really have because of all the things that have happened. Plus, Casey knows about the Turtles, so that's another link between them.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #113
Tiekarin
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Smile

With all those worrys about some of the characters being forgotten all the time (like Mikey and Raph) I sometimes forget that it's only season 2 now. Maybe in a few years we will laugh about our discussions and think about the great story arcs Mikey and Raph have in seasons 4, 5, 6...
I'd give Ciro and the team a little more time to develop their tmnt universe, characters and plot.
Tiekarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #114
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiekarin View Post
With all those worrys about some of the characters being forgotten all the time (like Mikey and Raph) I sometimes forget that it's only season 2 now. Maybe in a few years we will laugh about our discussions and think about the great story arcs Mikey and Raph have in seasons 4, 5, 6...
I'd give Ciro and the team a little more time to develop their tmnt universe, characters and plot.
^This. The show has been greenlit for 4 seasons at this point. People just have to remain patient.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #115
SnakeShifter
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 21
Don't know if anyone has posted this, but these are the titles of the first 3 Season 3 episodes. We know the 1st has to do with The Creep, but the other 2 have my mind wondering...

1. Within The Woods

2. A Foot Too Big

3. Buried Secrets

I'm thinking that "A Foot Too Far" could have something to do with Shredder attempting to expand his Foot Clan by bringing in new members. Perhaps Anton Zeck & Steranko get mutated into Bebop & Rocksteady in this episode.

With "Buried Secrets" maybe April tries to uncover the conspiracy between her mother & the Kraang.
SnakeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #116
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeShifter View Post
Don't know if anyone has posted this, but these are the titles of the first 3 Season 3 episodes. We know the 1st has to do with The Creep, but the other 2 have my mind wondering...

1. Within The Woods

2. A Foot Too Big

3. Buried Secrets

I'm thinking that "A Foot Too Far" could have something to do with Shredder attempting to expand his Foot Clan by bringing in new members. Perhaps Anton Zeck & Steranko get mutated into Bebop & Rocksteady in this episode.

With "Buried Secrets" maybe April tries to uncover the conspiracy between her mother & the Kraang.
Within the woods sounds like Creeps episode.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #117
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxfire View Post
I get the feeling, but I'd rather they develop Mikey and Raph more before April. Not that I mind the secondary characters, but I felt like in S2, Karai and April (and in a lesser extent Casey) got more attention than the Turtles them selves, well, at least regarding Raph and Mikey.

I'm pretty ambivalent about S2 because, while some episodes were absolutely top notch, I also felt like these guys were pushed in the background. I mean, neither Mikey nor Raph have any relevance in the major story arcs/plots, it is mainly Leo/Donnie/April/Karai (well that is my feeling, after all)

I also felt like season one dealt better with them as characters.
Mikey was juvenile but endearing, while he started to get annoying in S2 at times. Raph was bad tempered but also had a pragmatism that allowed the guys to move forward when the others (like Donnie and Leo) would overthink some situations. In S2 he came to me more as a burden to the team than an asset with the constant yelling.

So yeah, as much as it is important to flesh out other characters than the turtles, I'd definitely prefer if the writers focused more on the guys as a priority.
Trust me man, I agree! I'm a huge Raphael fan, and I definitely feel the void. But, I can be patient. I might bitch about the lack of Mikey and Raph while the waiting is going on, but still, I can be patient. Now, word is, we will find out how Raphael got his cracks on his plastron and shell, so hopefully that will turn out to be a turning point episode. If they bring in Bebop and Rocksteady, maybe these guys could be the main foes for Mikey and Raphael. We might in the future get some Triceratons, and Mikey has had a history with them in past incarnations. Then, there are other possible characters like Mona Lisa and Ninjara. And of course, we still have Irma, who might be likely to hang out with Mikey and Raph more than the other two.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #118
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Too bad that the main foes for Mikey and Raph were Dogpound/Rahzar and Fishface and how it didn't fully go anyplace.

I guess the foes for all of them are/were

Splinter vs Shredder
Leo vs Tigerclaw
Donnie vs Baxter (maybe?)
Raph vs Fishface
Mikey vs Dogpound/Rahzar

Interesting...
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #119
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Too bad that the main foes for Mikey and Raph were Dogpound/Rahzar and Fishface and how it didn't fully go anyplace.

I guess the foes for all of them are/were

Splinter vs Shredder
Leo vs Tigerclaw
Donnie vs Baxter (maybe?)
Raph vs Fishface
Mikey vs Dogpound/Rahzar

Interesting...
Only thing is, I still have this funny feeling that Fishface will be to Raph what Karai is to Leo now. Enemies at first, but might become allies later.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #120
SnakeShifter
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Only thing is, I still have this funny feeling that Fishface will be to Raph what Karai is to Leo now. Enemies at first, but might become allies later.
I have that sneaking suspicion as well, that Fishface isn't entirely bad. I rewatched "Baxter's Gambet" and the backstory on his upbringing leads me to believe something could change in his views and actions.
SnakeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.