The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #141
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
yeah, I think I will skip this one. Screw nick. There is to many good Raph ep's in other versions of the turtles to put up with this. I'm not going to pay to see Raph mutated into something else. only way I'm watching is if its free... And it looks like nick ain't going to let that happen
Yep. Right now, when it comes to Raph episodes and how they deal with the character, 2k3 is number one, and the 80's show is number two. The nick show is so way down the list. Right now, the creators claim they don't want to use Raph so much because they believe he's the heavy weight fan favorite. Well, maybe they are right, and this is why the Turtles have been slipping so hard in the ratings. The people who make up the ratings are just tired of watching Raph get sidelined so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
That is almost.... blasphemous!

.
Almost. Right now, it is. Seth is OK, but the standings for Leo's voice right now in my opinion.

1-Michael Sinterniklaas (Can't believe Nick never brought him on board to voice Leo, he's got NIK right in his name!)

2-Brian Tochi

3-Cam Clarke

4-Jason Biggs

5-James Arnold Taylor

6-Seth Green

7-Dominic Catrambone

8-Johnny Knoxville.

Last edited by Warhorse; 10-04-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #142
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Got to watch this episode when I woke up, without looking at spoilers (even though I did see the preview before) But wow, what a great, creepy episode.

Loved the homage to the first movie when they are at the farmhouse, putting Leo in the Bathtub and Raph watching him (even though it was the other way round in the movie), Donnie and Casey in the barn and April's voice over and her journel.

The episode also had references to some horror movies, one being Friday the 13th.

I like Leo's new voice, it will get some used to but I think Seth Green has nailed it. Loved that, it was acknowledge that his voice changed due to injury to his throat/lungs.

Loved how carefully they put Leo in the Bathtub, Raph was so gentle moving Leo's head.
I noticed that Mikey was looking so worried and unsure what to do.
Mikey looks so cute wearing his straw hat and he was humming 'Old Mcdonald had a Farm'
I guess Mikey was doing a lot of chores to keep his mind off things.
I like the little drawing April did in her journel of the 3 turtles watching over Leo, so cute
New show called Crognard the Barbarian, parody's Thundarr the Barbarian. I wonder if it's going to parallels Mikey this season.
Loved Mikey hugging Leo when he woke up and helping him ot of the bath.
Loved that Raph helping Leo get strong again.
Aww poor Leo still hurting.
Mikey still afraid of Squirrels.
Casey and April alone togther in the woods and then Casey howls like a warewolf. I wonder if that was a reference to Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Mikey grabbing Donnie and covering his mouth.
Loved the Jason (from Friday the 13th) sound effects.
Creep with the sack on his head reference to Friday the 13th part 2 as Jason had a sack on his head before the mask.
Raph got turned into a plant dog.
Leo trying to train again again but struggeling.
The vines grabbing April and pulling her back into the woods (was that a reference to Evil dead)
Ouch! Casey kicked April in the head to wake her up!
Wow, Mikey got pissed when creep absorbed Raph.
Leo's such a badass, he's using whats left of his strengh to fight creep.
Was cringing when he was getting tossed like a rag doll, thought he was going to get hurt again.
Teasing us on seeing Raph maskless.
The whole changing Raph back was a bit confusing.
Aww Leo never left Raph side.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-04-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #143
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Got to watch this episode when I woke up, without looking at spoilers (even though I did see the preview before) But wow, what a great, creepy episode.

Loved the homage to the first movie when they are at the farmhouse, putting Leo in the Bathtub and Raph watching him (even though it was the other way round in the movie), Donnie and Casey in the barn. Mikey's straw hat and April's voice over and her journel.

The episode also had references to some horror movies, one being Friday the 13th.

I like Leo's new voice, it will get some used to but I think Seth Green has nailed it. Loved that, it was acknowledge that his voice changed due to injury to his throat/lungs.

Loved how carefully they put Leo in the Bathtub, Raph was so gentle moving Leo's head.
I noticed that Mikey was looking so worried and unsure what to do.
Mikey looks so cute wearing his straw hat and he was humming 'Old Mcdonald had a Farm'
I guess Mikey was doing a lot of chores to keep his mind off things.
I like the little drawing April did in her journel of the 3 turtles watching over Leo, so cute
New show called Crognard the Barbarian, parody's Thundarr the Barbarian. I wonder if it's going to parallels Mikey this season.
Loved Mikey hugging Leo when he woke up and helping him ot of the bath.
Loved that Raph helping Leo get strong again.
Aww poor Leo still hurting.
Mikey still afraid of Squirrels.
Mikey grabbing Donnie and covering his mouth.
Loved the Jason (from Friday the 13th) sound effects.
Creep with the sack on his head reference to Friday the 13th part 2 as Jason had a sack on his head before the mask.
Raph got turned into a plant dog.
Leo trying to train again again but struggeling.
The vines grabbing April and pulling her back into the woods (was that a reference to Evil dead)
Ouch! Casey kicked April in the head to wake her up!
Wow, Mikey got pissed when creep absorbed Raph.
Leo's such a badass, he's using whats left of his strengh to fight creep.
Was cringing when he was getting tossed like a rag doll, thought he was going to get hurt again.
Teasing us on seeing Raph maskless.
The whole changing Raph back was a bit confusing.
Aww Leo never left Raph side.
The whole Mikey wearing the straw hat and humming Old McDonald, didn't Donnie do that in the movie?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #144
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
The whole Mikey wearing the straw hat and humming Old McDonald, didn't Donnie do that in the movie?
Oh yeah maybe, but didn't that scene get cut out.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-04-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #145
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Oh yeah maybe, but didn't it cut out.

Yeah, I believe this got cut out


But the part where Donnie is humming is still in the movie.

I wonder if Casey might make a reference later on how April's place is "the place that time forgot".
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #146
hypnock
Random Punk
 
hypnock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: You don't wanna know
Posts: 33
I know it's suppose to be Leo episode, but what's the point of doing this to Ralph.
If they want to change Raphael into something else, why don't do something like, he becomes something helpless but he still fights and turns back on his own, instead of being useless for the whole episode.
Spoiler:
Like the river arc in Mirage comics. But there won't be something like that because they already use 'suck mutagen out' plot.

Aside from that, it's a good episode.

Also love how logs magically appeared before Ralph got captured.
hypnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #147
Gorilla Grodd
Thug
 
Gorilla Grodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gorilla City
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Problem with your logic, is that it is 100% false. It is very much a fact that Raphael has gotten the shaft in pretty much every single thing to do with TMNT, either be it the 80's toon, 2k3, comics and most of the movies, he shared the spot light with either of the other brothers.

I even decided to actually do some math to back up Raph claims, and really, it's so sad that nobody can't rebut my claims either, probably because they are true. Raphael very well may the fan favorite, but except for the first movie and 2007, he pretty much never really got to shine, and if he did, it was rare.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...75#post1355175
I'm sorry but you can't promote this as some kind of actual "math" you've worked out as definitive proof of your claim. It's just random numbers you pulled out of the air and plugged into your confirmation bias equation. The lack of people responding to it doesn't mean it's some bullet proof argument you've cooked up. It just means no one has been bored enough to reply until now.

Comics: Raph gets way more of a push over the other turtles. Raph was even chosen for most of the solo guest appearances the majority of the time. Which is one of the things in addition to the bad ass loner berserker stuff that makes the frequent Wolverine comparison so appropriate. Since for those that don't read Marvel comics there was a period where Wolverine was guest starring in everything because he was the most popular and overexposed X-Man. To the unbiased eye that is Raphael just on a bit of a smaller scale.

Movies: The only movie where Raph isn't the most prominent with extra screen time is TMNT 3. He's always knee deep in the plot pushing important aspects of it along while getting plenty of time to be the solo bad ass that takes on dozens of enemies by his lonesome. It seems really silly to me for anyone to suggest that he hasn't gotten the most push on the big screen.

Fred Wolf: It's a wash since there is such a large amount of content every character gets a solid amount of focus. You really have to split hairs to say who got more of a push since it's all pretty even.

Next Mutation: No idea. I watched it back when it aired just because it was something to watch but I remember very little about it. If you actually care about this then I don't know what to say. I've long since blocked it from my mind.

4Kids: Super Leo Show. But the rest of the focus was split fairly evenly between the remaining three.

Nick: Leo gets a lot of push and Donnie has a lot of spotlight due to the April stuff. But Raph has had plenty of focus, particularly in season one. If there's a case to be made for a character being shafted in this show it's Mikey, not Raph. Even still in Mikey's case, that's just a necessary consequence of producing a decent TV show. Good story telling and an interesting plot is the #1 focus. Not "well we have to make sure that exactly 25% of the screen time is allotted to each turtle. Scratch that, make it 30% for Raph since his fans are even angrier than him."

In terms of focus he's been #1, #2, or dead even with the other characters in almost everything. So now it's suddenly sacrilege that he's maybe #3 after just two seasons? Sorry but it seems a little premature to yell the red sky is falling just because the former top turtle has to take a little bit of a temporary backseat.
__________________

Last edited by Gorilla Grodd; 10-04-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Gorilla Grodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #148
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnock View Post
I know it's suppose to be Leo episode, but what's the point of doing this to Ralph.
If they want to change Raphael into something else, why don't do something like, he becomes something helpless but he still fights and turns back on his own, instead of being useless for the whole episode.
Spoiler:
Like the river arc in Mirage comics. But there won't be something like that because they already use 'suck mutagen out' plot.

Aside from that, it's a good episode.

Also love how logs magically appeared before Ralph got captured.
I'd love to see The River adapted into the show. Bloodsucker might get an action figure.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #149
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. That episode was awesome! It was nice to see Raph keeping watch over Leo like that and wanting to get him back on his feet. I loved how they explained his new voice, too. Speaking of which, I really thought Seth Green did an amazing job with Leo's voice, and I'm looking forward to more. I really feel he should have been doing it from the beginning, but it'll be nice to see where he can take the character. The Creep was definitely scary, and as many predicted, he did absorb Raph into him. It was lucky they were able to save him, and I liked how Leo stayed by Raph's side while he healed, which was so cool. Loved the narration at the beginning and Mikey's antics as always. Ah, Donnie is still jealous, but it was funny to see him be so protective of April like that. It was smart of Don to rig up an IV system to help Raph. I just hope that mutagen medicine doesn't do anything to Leo or have any side effects Don's not aware of. Overall, a pretty decent episode. Can't wait for the next one.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #150
RandomtasticFantasy
Random Punk
 
RandomtasticFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 49
It was a decent episode:

+Leo. It will be interesting seeing him recovering from his injuries. I also liked how and why they explained away his new VA by Seth Green. Also, while different and taking time to get used to, I don't mind his voice too much.

+The Creep and the Jason references were freaking fantastic. I adored him chasing April, such awesome homage.

+Casey kicking April awake. I laughed harder than I should have. I know they were tied up and all but...really?!

+April beginning to call Casey out before getting cased by the Creep and Leo glaring at Donny before insisting their searching orders go as is. Also Mikey (while not on purpose) not getting Donny's frustration to the point where he thankfully stopped talking about it.

-I found exactly 'why' I'm not a fan of the love triangle. It started back in the season 2 finale and comes back to the (+) above. Casey and Donny are annoying about it. To the point that when something more important is going on, they are still hung up over their 'love' for April. The writing is what makes the love triangle not work for me. If it weren't constantly shoved into the story, even when it isn't necessary or becomes a defining characteristic for one or more characters...it gets old. Fast.

-The whole odd thing with Raph and turning him back from a dead? plant creature...thing. The less thought about it, the better I suppose.
__________________
Under construction.
RandomtasticFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:52 AM   #151
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
I admit, the Raphael's treatment in this show is starting to bother me as well.

But I enjoyed the Leo and Donnie episodes, so it's not too much a problem for me.

Last edited by Xiewin; 10-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #152
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Sorry, but you are wrong. If you can't see that Raphael has been shunned so much, you're blind. Others are finally starting to see it. Why can't you? Comics was mostly Leo and Don. 80's was mostly Mikey and Don, 2k3 Leo and Mikey, and now 2012 Donnie and Leo. I'm not going to waste my time with movie scenarios because it's already been said before how they were not focused on Raph except for 1990 and the 2007 one.
Those are like 40% of the movies thats a good amount of time spent on Raph . What do you want 90% because he's YOUR favorite turtle .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #153
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'd love to see The River adapted into the show. Bloodsucker might get an action figure.
But The Creep was already the Bloodsucker in this version.

I don't how I feel about them trying to do their version of "Sons of the Silent Age". That's like the Citizen Kane to me. It just should never be done.

I would really love if they did the Distraction story.

Quote:
Title: Let Me Tell You A Story...
Summary: A one shot episode that is done in a 2D animation by the team who did Avatar: the Last Airbender with a tone thats reminiscent of Samurai Jack. The episode begins with a nameless anthropomorphic turtle samurai in feudal Japan who on a quest to find his family but finds himself entangle with a civil war and must rescue the beautiful princess Tai from the evil claws of Lord Tacho. When peace is restore and the princess safe, the brave turtle samurai returns to his quest but not until his tells his name. He is no other but Micaelangelo. It then cuts back to the real world (the one with Cgi) at the farm with Mikey sitting at his desk with his mask hung around his neck like a bandana. He looks at Ice cream kitty and ask her if it's was too cheesy
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #154
RandomtasticFantasy
Random Punk
 
RandomtasticFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 49
I feel like I'm missing something: they usually always end up focusing on Raph (also, my favorite) in other mediums of the series. So for once, the others are getting focus. So...what is the problem? The characterization? Like he's not badass enough?
__________________
Under construction.
RandomtasticFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #155
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist
 
Aaronardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yep. Right now, when it comes to Raph episodes and how they deal with the character, 2k3 is number one, and the 80's show is number two. The nick show is so way down the list.
Woah woah woah. The 80's show was better with Raph as a character even after episodes such as "Raphael Knocks Em Dead" and "Raphael Drives Em Wild"? There are few Raph-related episodes in the 80's show, as well, but when there were some, they're pretty awful.
But I do agree the Nick show needs to step it up a bit with Raph. It'd be interesting to see a Raphael One-Shot episode and see how that works. It's most likely not going to happen, but I know many would like to see it. Or, you know, at least more episodes like Slash and Destroy.
__________________
"Shredder, you gotta listen to reason!" - Leonardo
"Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly."
"If I miss this week's Kirby, heads are gonna roll." - Raphael
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #156
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
No, they feel he's getting shoved aside and that when he does have plots, they always revolve around him messing up. I don't mind it though because he's a teenager and teens don't always learn from their mistakes.

And I thought Mikey hummed "Old MacDonald" in the movie, not Don.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #157
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
So what episode can they do with Raph without creating a love interest or making it about his angry again?

Hmm....that's a tall order.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #158
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Finally found a download for this episode.

Great stuff, loved the farm setting and The Creep was kinda cool - VERY Jason Voorhees. It even said "Voorhees" on his clothes. Anyone else notice the musical queue from Friday the 13th was snuck in there too?

Not liking Seth Green's voice. He sounds like a grown up Chris Griffin, which doesn't really bode well for his VO talent. He doesn't seem to have that much of a range as compared to, say, Seth McFarlane.

I for one still like the Donnie/April thing. "My sweet 'lil chinchilla" was adorable.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #159
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
I think Raph's role, especially recently, has been as a pillar or support in the group. Aside from the odd anger/Slash/Casey episodes he hasn't really been the main 'star'.

He's usually the first one to comfort whichever brother is in turmoil. So in that sense he gets a lot of second line attention. Personally I quite enjoy seeing that side to him but I can understand why people are getting frustrated when previously he seems to have been more of an instigator for story lines.

He doesn't seem as headstrong in this version, or when he has moments when he could go off and attack the foot clan single-handedly, he gets stopped by another of the brothers.

Now you can go two ways with this.

Either it's because the show makers have decided it's too time-consuming or repetitive (he has done this so much over the last 30 years) to explore him blowing his fuse.

OR because the turtles are aware of Raph's weakness in his quick anger and they defuse the situation by stopping him from doing something stupid. They see the problem and try to rectify it. Which is good for Raph and the team, but not so good for providing a Raphael orientated storyline.

I don't think - I'm not going to start going through the entire run of the cartoon so far and adding up totals for which turtle had the most screen time - Raph has had as much time as a lead as perhaps he could have.

But I also don't think he's being ignored.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #160
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
So what episode can they do with Raph without creating a love interest or making it about his angry again?

Hmm....that's a tall order.
Maybe having him ease up and try to act calm?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.