The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
Lesean Thomas (dreamwave Artist) Tmnt Sketches Website

DONT KNOW IF EVERYONE KNEW, BUT LESEAN THOMAS, THE ARTIST OF THE TMNT DREAMWAVE SERIES HAS HIS OWN WEBSITE UP. IN IT HE HAS TONS OF TMNT SKETCHES THAT HE DID BACK WHEN THE SERIES WAS BEING PUBLISHED.

I LOVE THE WAY HE DRAWS. ITS THE KIND OF STYLISH STUFF I LIKE.

CLICK BELOW TO LINK:


ALSO, I DECIDED TO MAKE AVATARS BASED ON HIS "MICKEY EXPRESSIONS" SKETCH.

CLICK BELOW TO SEE:
__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Yeah, I checked out that site back when the comic was out. His art is, in a word, awesome. And Peter David... LeSean deserved better than that hack.

I wonder if he still has his animations up.

EDIT: NICE avatars, LUCKFF. Michelangelo fans, take notice!
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #3
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
Yeah, I checked out that site back when the comic was out.
HAVE YOU SEEN IT RECENTLY. HE HAS 138 PICS AND SKETCHES UP. ITS INCREDIBLE. I SAVED THEM ALL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
EDIT: NICE avatars, LUCKFF. Michelangelo fans, take notice!
THANKS.
__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
AYE CARUMBA!!

SO MANY AWESOME PICS!! Ohohoho YES , these are beautiful... Why couldn't they have hired someone who could actually WRITE?!

LeSean needs to do his own animated ghetto-turtles. Or something. All this awesome stuff shouldn't be wasted.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #5
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
AYE CARUMBA!!

SO MANY AWESOME PICS!! Ohohoho YES , these are beautiful... Why couldn't they have hired someone who could actually WRITE?!

LeSean needs to do his own animated ghetto-turtles. Or something. All this awesome stuff shouldn't be wasted.
LOL

HE'S A HUGE TMNT FAN, SO MAYBE ONE DAY HE'LL DO SOMETHING AGAIN.
__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #6
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
He's actually a member here and used to post semi-regularly in the comic section.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
Leonardo19
Foot Soldier
 
Leonardo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC SEWERS
Posts: 190
Thanks for the link LUCKFF. Incredible art! Definetly my kind of art.
Leonardo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
His turtles always looked good, but he couldn't draw humans to save his life.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKFF
LOL

HE'S A HUGE TMNT FAN, SO MAYBE ONE DAY HE'LL DO SOMETHING AGAIN.

sadly, i doubt it'll be anytime soon.

heres what him and I said...

Me: "Have you ever thought about contacting Peter Laird to do an issue of Tales?...I think you could do a hell of an issue for them at Mirage. I hated Dreamwave shut down n you couldn't continue the TMNT series there, cause i was starting to enjoy it, and was lookin foward to T4.

ps. Any chance of a return to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC?"


LeSean: "thanks for the words, bro.

honestly, i'm not particularly interested in TMNT anymore. its something that i've done, did it to the best of my allowed time and abilities and have moved on.

i'm glad it sparked a big fanbase for me and i hope to someday come back to it when inspiration and time allows me to do so.

if you wanna see the T4 stuff. the unreleased issue#8 thumbnails are in the TMNT section of the comics section of my website.

thanks again"


as for his site n his sketches, i did the same, saved em all, lol. I think the best one is the one of the turtlebot battling the turtles.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I was shocked, I thought The Boondocks was an anime, not an American original.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
BartAllen
Banned
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I was shocked, I thought The Boondocks was an anime, not an American original.
the boondocks has been in the washington post comicsection for a while. since like 99.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #12
LUCKFF
Hench Mutant
 
LUCKFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 429
I Havent Seen It. Maybe I Should Tune In. I Love His Work So Maybe Ill Like It.
__________________

LUCKFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
When it isn't psychoticly preaching "WHITE PEOPLE SUCK!" the Boodocks is actually very clever and deep. The R. Kelly episode is my favorite thus-far (thanks in no small part to Adam West).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Ahh, who doesn't love adam West.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #15
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
I always wanted to see how that Turtlenator issue would turn out. That cover was really really.... REALLY cool. *sighs* I just wish Dreamwave didn't go out of business. That comic series was surprisingly awesome!
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #16
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I was shocked, I thought The Boondocks was an anime, not an American original.
its been running in News Papers for 7 or 8 years now...
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
BartAllen
Banned
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie february6
its been running in News Papers for 7 or 8 years now...
Ha ha. beat you to the anwser!
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #18
Turtle Dove
Stone Warrior
 
Turtle Dove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In Don's workshop
Posts: 854
I love the anime! The 1 with the "girl" in it was just funny.I love how Grandpa taught the mom to use the belt on her son.
__________________

]~You'll always be #1 in my heart~

1..2...3...4..Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.....
Turtle Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #19
Mobius One
Hench Mutant
 
Mobius One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: US
Posts: 411
I was also pretty bummed when this series was cancelled, because Lesean's art style was pretty impressive. Other than that, though, I wasn't really a fan of Dreamwave. I thought their Transformers comics were very hard to read, because the art seemed to go all over the page, and in no real order.
__________________
You can kill the Revolutionaries,
But you can't kill the Revolution!
www.worldskater224.deviantart.com -visit it!



Formerly Demogoblin87...
Mobius One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #20
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I really loved his art and its such a huge shame this comic got cancled just when it was gonna blow up big I just knew it was when it was gonna hit the orignal stories....it wasn't even given the chance archie had.....
it's a shame he doesn't care anymore though....
-Putrescent
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.