The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Calling All Fans: Manhunt on a Manga

Well, I'm sure you are all aware of the infamous TMNT OVA anime, and hopefully you've been keeping up with DrSpengler's translation project of Mutant Turtles Gaiden, for which I've been providing scans. He's hoping to start work on the "Super Turtles" series, but unfortunately, I only own issues #2 and #3 of the series. Sadly, the first issue of "Super Turtles" continues to elude us.
Thus, I have finally stooped to desperation and am begging the TMNT fandom for any info or leads they have on this issue.

Here's what the little booger looks like:


And here's some critical information I've been able to pull together on this issue.

[Japanese] Super Turtles #1
Translated title: "Super Turtles" "Episode: Mystery of the Holy Mutastones"
Japanese title:
スーパータートルズ
聖なるミュータ石の謎の巻

• Publisher: 角川(主婦の友) (1995/07) [Dengeki Comics, 1995]
• ISBN-10: 4073029207
• ISBN-13: 978-4073029205
• Release Date: 1995/07

Here are some Japanese sites in which this issue is available for purchase, unfortunately, none of the sellers will agree to ship these items outside of Japan:
Amazon Japan's listing

Any help would be forever appreciated!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-16-2017 at 08:10 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Hamel
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
http://www.tenso.com/en/landing/
It's a site that will give you an address for sites that ship only to Japan and then they can ship to your address
Hamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Yes, if anyone can help, you shall be thanked and credited with honors. Plus, everyone will get to be able to see this stuff and read it! For free!

Wel, except maybe the people who had to buy it, but I'll translate it all into English for you, so you're totally getting something out of the deal!


But yeah, this has been frustrating. Adam's been relaying replies from the Japanese sellers (all in Japanese, of course, so I have to translate nad reply for him) and each and every one of them refuses to ship outside of Japan.

It's...frustrating. Very, very frustrating.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
Hamel
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 52
Right above you
Hamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
There are a dozen sites that will proxy ship for you . Rinkya is a decent one. Also, the second entry on Amazon Japan, the one for 622 yen, says in the description it is able to ship International.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
http://www.tenso.com/en/landing/
It's a site that will give you an address for sites that ship only to Japan and then they can ship to your address
Thanks for that link, man. I signed up for an account. But I'm a little hesitant to take the plunge if I don't know exactly how much I'll be charged for Tenso's services. I'll need to find out the shipping weight of the item first. And I'll admit I am a little hesitant about ordering overseas, especially if there is a middle-man party involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
Also, the second entry on Amazon Japan, the one for 622 yen, says in the description it is able to ship International.
Back in October, I emailed that seller about international shipping. They wrote back that this item sells only in Japan. Hmm... Maybe they've changed their policy?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 12-02-2009 at 10:23 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Back in October, I emailed that seller about international shipping. They wrote back that this item sells only in Japan. Hmm... Maybe they've changed their policy?
Well, I've bought from Amazon Japan before, and I know the characters on that one say international shipping is available. Don't know what to tell you about the contradictions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
Well, I've bought from Amazon Japan before, and I know the characters on that one say international shipping is available. Don't know what to tell you about the contradictions.
Yup, you are right about that listing. I ran a Google-translate on it. Very strange, indeed.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
SUCCESS!!!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/4927729634/
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I'm working on translating this baby right now!

I'll try and have the first chapter up on my site by the end of next week.

Adam now has all three complete volumes of the Super Mutant Turtles manga and I intend to translate and post the entire series.

We've been waiting for this volume for a long time; I'm really psyched.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Wow, I just read through your guys almost year long journey to obtain this book, and all I gotta say is CONGRATS!! Glad you finally found it!
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #12
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
DC owned the comics?
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise1184 View Post
Wow, I just read through your guys almost year long journey to obtain this book, and all I gotta say is CONGRATS!! Glad you finally found it!
Thanks! It sure has felt like a long time but that just makes the payoff all the sweeter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arella View Post
DC owned the comics?
DC, in this case, stands for Dengeki Comics, one of Japan's major manga producing companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I'm working on translating this baby right now!

I'll try and have the first chapter up on my site by the end of next week.
While there aren't any chapter divisions in the Super Turtles series like there was in the Mutant Turtles Gaiden volume, I'll try to send them to you in quarterly installments, since the book is about 100 pages long. I should be able to get some more pages to you tonight since I'm all hyped up about it. Besides, my scanner works best in a completely dark room.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
F*CK yeah! Thats awsome. I'll be keepin' a close eye out for the translated scans. Thanks alot dudes.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #15
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
man i would so like to own those. i don't even care if they're translated
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Congrats dude!!! Its a very nice new!!! Ill be looking at your site for them too!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
Awesome! I loved the other issue, the one Spengler posted a while back! Can't wait to see this one translated!

Thank you, oldmanwinters!

Additional note: check out this unfinished image. A couple of months ago I started toying with the idea of coloring the other manga issue. Considering it was my first time using that "magic wand" technique, it could have looked worse. Still, pretty amateurish work:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (101.7 KB, 13 views)
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post

Additional note: check out this unfinished image. A couple of months ago I started toying with the idea of coloring the other manga issue. Considering it was my first time using that "magic wand" technique, it could have looked worse. Still, pretty amateurish work:
That's a cool idea! I like the second panel on the left best. I hope you keep it up!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #19
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
Thank you, oldman!

I'd love to continue, but the truth is that I have so many things to do right now that I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue (I'd start over in any case, the pictured page would be just practice.)

So if any other member of the board is interested in coloring the translated mangas, please go ahead!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
So if any other member of the board is interested in coloring the translated mangas, please go ahead!
I think Goongasnootch might have started his own coloring project, though it might have just been one page.

Anyway, I'll share a few page crops to drum up interest for Spengler's translation:

They could make good avatars/sigs if someone wants to color them up!

The pre-Super Turtles:


The Neutrino Royal Family:


Life in the sewers:


Memories of messin' with Shredder:


TMNT trying to comprehend their upgraded weaponry:
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-26-2010 at 04:03 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.