The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Ash
Thug
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Ordering direct from Mirage

Has anyone tried ordering direct from Mirage Licensing since the new website went up?

I ordered a few comics about a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen or heard anything about them yet... Just wanted to know what other experiences you guys have had before I consider complaining.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Yes, people have ordered from the new site.

And since I didn't specifically state so in the other thread, I have ordered from the new site and had no problems.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Ash
Thug
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Ah! Sorry, I didn't see the other thread.

In some ways it's reassuring to know that they're quite slow. At least it means I don't have to worry yet, especially as I'm in the UK and it's bound to take a bit longer.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
I just ordered 45 dollars worth of comics from them

TMNT Vol 2 issues 7-13, Collected book of Return To NY and two issues of Tales of TMNT vol 2.

I would have ordered the whole set of vol 2, but I don't want to spend all the money I just deposited. I plan on putting more money into the bank later so I can order some more and most likely get the rest of vol 2 (I love the mirage colored tmnt comics)

I figure I better grab these before they go extinct.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
especially as I'm in the UK and it's bound to take a bit longer.
I'm in Sweden and got mine after about one week

So I'd say they're fast
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I've ordered twice from them. The first order was some Tales V2 and the second order was Archie stuff. I got the Tales order quickly (within a week I believe), but the Archie order still hasn't gotten here. I ordered it before Thanksgiving too.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Just placed an order with them for almost 400 dollars. I'm officially ruined for the rest of the year.

I need a cold shower now.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Just placed an order with them for almost 400 dollars. I'm officially ruined for the rest of the year.

I need a cold shower now.
Must have been a lot of books you needed I placed an order last week for $76 There are only a few books I need now, but seem they will be harder to find.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopinacoladas View Post
Must have been a lot of books you needed I placed an order last week for $76 There are only a few books I need now, but seem they will be harder to find.
Yeah. You know, I live in Spain, and only Volume 1 has been partially published here. I have some issues of Volume 4 and many of Tales, but there was still a lot that I needed. I haven't fully completed my collection with this, but I'm definitely a lot closer. I hope I can find the rest at some point.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
Yesterday I placed an order for 45 bucks, today I placed an order for 57 bucks!

Last week I ordered two archie books and they came within a week. I now am expecting to own all 13 issues of vol 2 and issues 1-11 of volume 4!

I hope they still have these by next week because I want 12-30 to have all of vol 4 complete.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
Ash
Thug
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Just found an email in my junk that says the order was shipped on the 4th of December. Which is quite bad for an order that was placed on the 20th of Nov.

Maybe they've been flooded with orders this last few weeks.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
I hope they still have these by next week because I want 12-30 to have all of vol 4 complete.
Sent you a PM. I may be able to save you some $.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
Replied ^

Thanks
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
My order shipped today, it took them 14 days to do it. I guess they must be really busy with orders, but that was really long. They said it'd take another 6-10 days to get here. It's gonna feel like forever.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
My order shipped today, it took them 14 days to do it. I guess they must be really busy with orders, but that was really long. They said it'd take another 6-10 days to get here. It's gonna feel like forever.
"If it aint late, it aint mirage".
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #16
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Maybe they've been flooded with orders this last few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
I guess they must be really busy with orders...
Yeah, Ms. Katie's been pretty swamped with orders since the sale to Nick was announced.

Depending on where you live, shipping normally would take around a week, give or take a couple of days. I live in Alabama and my orders would arrive within 3 to 5 business days.

Last edited by Venom; 12-19-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #17
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
Got my poster order in the mail just yesterday. Highly recommend you order from them. They're good people who do great work .
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Got my order today! It took a month, but it's totally worth it. Those guys are so nice. Got a sketch by Lawson (TMNT Vol.4 #29) and another one by Laird (TMNT Vol.4 #30). I almost pissed my pants when I saw them.

Also, I received the fourth issue of the Donnie mini series, wich I didn't order because it wasn't available when I did it, but they sent it anyway. That's great, because I need to order in lots to save shippings, and I thought I was gonna have to wait for a while to read this (I know some people here didn't like the series, but I still want to read it for myself).

Plus, I got the hardcover edition of Challenges, and it looks really nice.

And much more! Man, it really made me happy.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
kool75uk1
Hench Mutant
 
kool75uk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK.
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Got my order today! It took a month, but it's totally worth it. Those guys are so nice. Got a sketch by Lawson (TMNT Vol.4 #29) and another one by Laird (TMNT Vol.4 #30). I almost pissed my pants when I saw them.

Also, I received the fourth issue of the Donnie mini series, wich I didn't order because it wasn't available when I did it, but they sent it anyway. That's great, because I need to order in lots to save shippings, and I thought I was gonna have to wait for a while to read this (I know some people here didn't like the series, but I still want to read it for myself).

Plus, I got the hardcover edition of Challenges, and it looks really nice.

And much more! Man, it really made me happy.
Congrats good score.
kool75uk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
I wish their shipping wasn't so high.

And does anyone know if that Mirage Mini Comics thing is worth getting?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.